Before the Crisis
After several encounters, Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash learned the Flash's real name is Bartholomew Henry Allen, better known as Barry Allen. Eobard began to study Barry and learning about his life, including the life of his parents, most notably Nora Allen.
After Reverse-Flash arrived in 2024, Eobard got attention from the Flash and his allies, who were Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, and The Atom. Others saw Elongated Man, Supergirl and Batwoman fighting in the Crisis as well, along with Reverse-Flash controlling an army of shadow demons. They started fighting on the streets of Central City causing the most destruction the city had ever seen. The fight also somehow caused the sky to turn a deep crimson color. Their battle caused several trucks to start leaking their contents onto the streets and caused power outages spread over 20 blocks throughout the city. The speedsters then started battling over two overturned tanker trucks, and the lightning emitted from them caused the oil from one of them to ignite. While sounded by smoke both speedsters had a very heated conversation on an unknown matter, then the two sped off leaving Green Arrow, the Atom, and Hawkgirl behind. The two then continued their fight up and down an unknown avenue before the Flash vanished without a trace.
Unknown to everyone, during the explosion, the Flash and the Reverse Flash traveled back in time to March 18, 2000, with the Flash chasing his nemesis. The two fought inside the Allen house around Nora Allen, each landing solid hits on each other but their skills were fairly equal. Eventually, the future Flash proved to be the better of the two. When the 11-year-old Barry comes into the room, Nora was in the center of the room surrounded by streaks of yellow and red lightning and caught a brief glimpse of the Reverse Flash's face. During the fight, the Flash saw his younger self from 2015 during his first trip into the past and signaled him not to interfere, because of what would happen to timeline if he did. As the Reverse Flash moved in for the kill, the future Flash intervened and transported his younger self to safety 20 blocks away, much to the Reverse Flash's outrage. However, Reverse-Flash quickly theorized another way to achieve his goal: to kill Nora and frame Henry Allen for the crime in the hopes that such a tragedy would traumatize Barry enough that he would never achieve his destiny, and Eobard would be free to return to a future without the Flash, so he grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Nora in the heart and fled the scene to return to his own time which he hoped would now be one without the Flash.
Originally, the Central City Citizen was published and written by Iris West-Allen, in which Eobard later uses as the basis for see if the future remains intact. Due to the Flashpoint, Savitar killed Iris and continued the loop of his existence, causing Julie Greer to be hired and write the article. However, the actions that Flash made to erase Savitar from existence were successful, and because of this, Iris's name once again appeared in the article.
According to an article from the Citizen in 2049 that Nora West-Allen presented to Barry, the Flash was still missing 25 years after the Crisis. Roger Hayden, a.k.a. the Psycho-Pirate, said that during this crisis, entire worlds lived and died, implying that the Crisis was more than just a fight between The Reverse-Flash and The Flash.
- The original newspaper article written by Iris West-Allen describing the Crisis of 2024 calls the hometown of Green Arrow Starling City, despite being renamed Star City after the presumed death of Ray Palmer.
- While it is well documented that Eobard Thawne wasn't able to return to his time period after killing Nora Allen and thus had to spend the next 14 years of his life in the 21st century, the fate of the future Flash that followed him back from 2024 is still unclear after saving his younger self from Thawne.
- The photograph depicting the Flash on the newspaper article shows the Flash's suit in 2024, with a bright red suit with red earpieces and a white outline on the emblem. However, in the potential future of 2024, the Flash suit's bears a closer resemblance to his fourth suit. Although that future was erased when Team Flash erased Savitar from existence on May 24, 2017.
- Meta-humans like the Flash still seem to operate in 2024, despite the Anti-Metahuman Act of 2021, which apparently makes it illegal to even be a meta-human.
Behind the scenes
- Nora West-Allen traveled back to the present day and revealed more about this crisis event by bringing in a newspaper from 2049. This newspaper shows that this crisis event is similar to the comic book event Crisis on Infinite Earths. This is due to the appearance of characters such as Roger Hayden a.k.a Psycho Pirate, and shadow demons, both which appeared and played a relatively important role in the comic book event.