- "We salvaged you, modified you and ressurected you."
- —Lillian Luthor to John Corben after turning him into a cyborg.[src]
Cyborgs are humans who have cybernetic enhancements, or have their brains implanted in robotic bodies, which grant them enhanced physical attributes.
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Known Cyborgs
- 5 Appearances
- 5.1 Supergirl
- 5.2 Arrow
- 5.3 The Flash
- 5.4 DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 5.5 Black Lightning
- 5.6 Comics
- 5.7 Novels
- 6 References
A cyborg is defined as a biological entity who has bionic components somewhere in their body. They are indistinguishable from humans, except when their skin is damaged and it is visible that they are enhanced cybernetically.
At some point, Dr. Laura Washington artificially augmented herself using technology stolen from Van Horn Industries. In late 2016, Laura was tracked by Team Arrow to a warehouse, where she tried to fight against the heroes, but lost.
In the 64th century, a group of criminals called Techno-wizards outfitted their bodies with futuristic nanotechnology which provided them with a range of abilities and turned them into cyborgs.
In 2031, Oliver Queen gets his left arm cut off by Grant Wilson. The cybernetic arm was presumably made by S.T.A.R. Labs and it resembles the arm portion of the A.T.O.M. Exosuit that Ray Palmer wears as "The Atom".
In 2005, when Hank Henshaw was presumed dead and J'onn J'onzz took his place as the director of the D.E.O., Project Cadmus turned Hank into a cyborg, giving him enhanced physical attributes that surpasses that of Supergirl's, although it is unknown if he is physically more powerful than Superman, as Superman has been exposed to Earth's yellow sun far longer than Kara has, and thus, his powers are far more potent than hers. Cadmus also cybernetically enhanced Jeremiah Danvers (against his will) and several men they nicknamed "Metallo".
In 2018, after Khalil Payne was shot during a shootout and became paraplegic, the A.S.A. implanted a makeshift metal spinal cord, giving him the ability to walk again and transforming him into a cyborg, giving him enhanced physical attributes.
After the Crisis, events from Earths 1, 38 and TUD5 were merged into Earth-Prime. In an alternate timeline created by Mxyzptlk in 2020, Lena Luthor suffered an accident that left her gravely injured. Her mother used Cadmus' resources to transform her into a Metallo, but this was reversed when Mxyzptlk regained his powers.
Powers and abilities
- Enhanced strength: Due to their cybernetic enhancements, cyborgs are much stronger than normal humans, and can even withstand Kryptonians.
- Enhanced speed: Due to their cybernetic enhancements; cyborgs are able to move much faster than normal humans.
- Enhanced durability: Due to their cybernetic enhancements, cyborgs are able to take far more damage than normal humans.
- Enhanced stamina: Due to their cybernetic enhancements, cyborgs are able to exert themselves for long periods of time without becoming fatigued, far longer damage than normal humans.
- Energy projection: Some cyborgs like Metallo, Laura Washington, and Hank Henshaw manage to unleash blasts of energy from their body parts.
- Physical trauma: Despite their physically enhanced attributes, cyborgs are not invincible, as they can be weakened by a certain amount of physical trauma.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow