- "We live in a world on the cutting edge. And as mankind advances, so too does the danger it faces. For years, we protected America in secret. But now, we want you to know you're in good hands."
"Hope, help, and compassion for all."
"That's our motto here at... the D.E.O.. Call us for all your extranormal needs."
- —Lex Luthor, Lena Luthor and Supergirl[src]
The Department of Extranormal Operations, simply known as the D.E.O., is a governmental organization. It is a subsidiary of Luthor Corp and, hence, is owned by Lex Luthor. The building was destroyed by Rama Khan after he escaped Brainy's custody.
At some point prior to early 2020, Supergirl, Lex Luthor and Lena Luthor made a commercial to promote the D.E.O.'s ability to detain hostile extraterrestrials; due to Kara being a survivor of the original multiverse, her memories were not rewritten with Earth-Prime's history, and so she had no memory of making the commercial. 
Following the departure of Alex Danvers as director, Querl Dox was promoted to the position.
In his new position as Director, Querl Dox utilised the resources of the D.E.O., researching who may have been targeting the transgender community and threatening Dreamer. Brainy passed on his findings to Detective Rivers of the National City Police Department.
- Alex Danvers (director; resigned due to Lex Luthor's administration)
- Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- J'onn J'onzz/Hank Henshaw/Martian Manhunter (director; resigned after promoting Alex Danvers as director)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Protocol 5 is the order to evacuate.
|Other versions of D.E.O. (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this organization, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of D.E.O..|
|Earth: Prime • Obsidian Platinum|
|Earth: 38 • TUD15 • TUD16|