- "I broke into the looney bin to perform an exorcism. And while I was at it, that demon called your name. Said you'd soon be slipping into the dark. And I figured if Emily's demon knows you on a first name basis, you might know something that can help me save you both."
- —John Constantine to Sara Lance
"Daddy Darhkest" is the tenth and midseason premiere episode of the third season of , and the forty-third episode overall. It aired on February 12, 2018.
|After Sara's encounter with Mallus, the Legends are paid a visit by John Constantine, a demonologist detective. The Legends agree to accompany him to a present-day psychiatric hospital and they are surprised to discover who Constantine is trying to help. During the exorcism, Sara, Leo and Constantine go missing, leaving Ray and Zari to try to take care of Constantine's client. Meanwhile, Amaya and Nate once again come face to face with Kuasa.|
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood/Steel
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- John Noble as Mallus (voice)
- Jes Macallan as Agent Ava Sharpe
- Tracy Ifeachor as Kuasa
- Madeleine Arthur as Nora Darhk
- Annabel Marshall-Roth as Dr. Ellen Moore (1969)
- Marilyn Norry as Dr. Ellen Moore
"Daddy Darhkest" starts with John Constantine entering a refuge bearing in mind the end goal of sparing a young lady that lives there. Constantine begins playing out an expulsion on the young lady, which is ineffective. While the young lady is controlled, the evil spirit uncovers he knows Sara Lance.
Constantine is back on the Waverider. There, he's talking with Sara and Nate about the expulsion he as of late took a stab at performing. He uncovers to Sara that the evil spirit knew her name. Sara educates her concerning Mallus, the evil presence they've been going toward. After some discussion, Constantine consents to remain on board the Waverider and help the gathering take on Mallus.
Operator Sharp calls into the Waverider with a report on Rip's preliminary. She advises Sara that no one at the Time Bureau trusts Rip about Mallus, and the case has hit an impasse.
The group shows up in Star City in the current day to inspect the young lady Constantine as of late attempted to play out an expulsion on. They find her and are moving her to an unfilled wing of the refuge when Kuasa transforms in. Amaya remains behind to battle her.
Constantine, Nate, Snart, and Sara get the young lady to the unfilled wing of the refuge when Zari radios in with her personality: Nora Darhk.
Amaya and Kuasa are as yet battling when Nate runs in with Snart's weapon and freezes Kuasa while she changes into her fluid state.
The gathering stirs Nora and spots her in a pentagram to begin another expulsion. Constantine has a go at playing out the custom once more, and Mallus assumes control over Nora's body. Nora draws an image on the ground and when the trio — Sara, Snart, and Constantine — approach it, they're shipped out of the room.
The trio discovers they've been sent back so as to 1969.
Nate and Amaya get back onto the Waverider to discover Ray going ballistic about not having the option to reach Sara. Attempting to watch a football match-up in harmony and calm, Mick orders Ray and Zari off the boat to go get Sara.
Beam and Zari unearth the image before observing Nora wheeled down the passage. They pull her aside to get some information about the earlier night. Zari persuades Ray they have to sneak Nora out of the refuge.
Back in time, Snart parts separated from Sara and Constantine in order to leave a message some place around the shelter that different Legends would have the option to discover later on. He's situated by refuge staff, who at that point steady him, believing he's a patient totally free.
Amaya has returned Kuasa's solidified structure to the Waverider, where she in the long run defrosts. Kuasa uncovers that later on, poachers inevitably assault their town and execute Amaya.
After a snappy connect in a vacant wing of the refuge, Sara and Constantine find and along these lines salvage Snart from being lobotomized.
Beam and Zari take Nora from the refuge and snatch some espresso. At the coffeehouse, Nora sees a news report demonstrating the Green Arrow murder her dad. With Nora apprehensive, Mallus can assume control over her body in the bistro.
The two take a stab at calling for reinforcement.
Back on the Waverider, Mick reveals to Nate that he let Amaya go in to converse with Kuasa. Amaya strolls into Kuasa's holding cell as Nate runs in with Mick's firearm. Kuasa immediately takes him out.
Previously, Constantine begins a custom to gather Mallus. In the wake of ingesting a mixture, Sara's moved go into that otherworldly measurement trying to draw a similar image that Nora drew before. There, she hears someone crying out yonder and strolls to discover it's Nora. She persuades Nora to return into her body so the ambush on Ray and Zari stops.
Sara wraps up the chart, and the trio is moved back to the present.
On the Waverider, Amaya lets Kuasa go.
Beam and Zari are reassuring Nora after her scene when Damien strolls into the bistro. He reveals to her that the Legends have been misleading her and has a go at persuading her that Mallus isn't an evil spirit, rather he's her guardian angel. Nora chooses to leave the Legends and go with her dad.
The gathering rendezvous on the Waverider. Zari tells the gathering that Mallus called her one of "The Six," and Amaya says she just is aware of five symbols. Constantine says the way to halting Mallus is to social occasion the emblems.
Sara expresses gratitude toward Constantine for his assistance, and he leaves the Waverider.
Snart bids farewell to Mick and goes back to Earth-X.
Sara calls Sharp, who advises the Waverider skipper that Rip has gotten away from guardianship.
Preparation ran from October 16 until October 24, 2017. Shooting ran from October 25 until November 6, 2017.
- This is the first episode of the series not to feature Franz Drameh (Jefferson Jackson).
- The title of the episode is a play on the phrase "daddy dearest".
- The title card of the episode is similar to the one that's used in the next season of the series. This is likely due to the fact that this episode could be viewed as a crossover with , even though the series had been cancelled long before this episode took place. Furthermore, in the next season of , John Constantine appears much more frequently, even "unofficially" joining the team.
- Starting with this episode, new episodes of Legends of Tomorrow now air on Mondays at 8pm (eastern time) instead of the old time slot of Tuesdays at 9pm (eastern time) that it aired on as of "".
- This episode's setting and theme is likely a tribute to the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- The insane asylum was also used in the filming of the 2003 film Freddy vs. Jason.
- "Emily", Nora Darhk's alias, is a subtle reference to The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
- This is one of the only episodes of Legends of Tomorrow not to feature any time travel through the use of the Waverider.
- The tarot card Constanine shows Sara Lance in the asylum in 1969 is a shoutout to her transition from The Canary to The White Canary.
- It's revealed by Kuasa that Zambesi Village was destroyed in 1992 after Amaya was murdered by Benatu Eshu.
- The year Amaya is mentioned to be murdered in is the year that her actress, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, was born.
- Ray Palmer says the last time an explosion happen in the Waverider, it caused a "freaky Friday Firestorm" referring to the events of "" where Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein switched bodies.
- The part of this episode taking place in 2017 is set between the Season 6 episodes "" and "" because there is a mention of Oliver Queen being suspected of being the Green Arrow.
- When he meets Leo Snart, Constantine makes an oblique romantic pass at him, and later on, has a sexual tryst with Sara. This is the first time Constantine's bisexuality, which was established in the Hellblazer comics, has been alluded to; it was never touched upon during the run of Constantine
- Mentions are made of Constantine's failure to save a girl named Astra. The failed exorcism is first mentioned in "", the series premiere of Constantine, and it being Constantine's biggest failure in his exorcism career is a recurring theme throughout the series.
- This is the first time in the Arrowverse that a direct reference to Constantine is mentioned outside of the series.
- The character of Dr. Ellen Moore is possibly a reference to Alan Moore, one of the writers who originally characterized John Constantine in the comics.
- The empty room in the asylum that Nora is taken to is room 237, a reference to the hotel room from The Shining.
- Constantine says, "Allons-y Alonso", a reference to a line said by the Tenth Doctor in Doctor Who to Alonso Frame, played by Russell Tovey.
- The American Football game Mick is watching is between the Bay City Goldminers (BCG), which appeared in the Green Lantern comics, and Blue Valley Soldiers (BVS), which appeared in the Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. comics.
- Regarding Ava Sharpe and Sara, Leo comments, "You're both super hot. Gay, not blind." This is reminiscent of John Trujillo's quote about Jacob in "" of : "He's cute. I may not be gay, but I have eyes."
- The "ice pick" or "transorbital lobotomy" procedure that was going to be inflicted on Leo by Moore was a common treatment for mental illness in the mid-20th century.
- When Sara asks Nora what voices she heard in her head from Mallus, Nora replies "the number 6", which Constantine points out is the number of the Biblical Beast from the Christian Bible's Book of Revelation.
- The newspaper Constantine picks up in 1969 is dated Friday, January 16, 1969. January 16, 1969 was a Thursday.
- Also, the headline was "Man Walks on Moon" with a picture of Neil Armstrong on the moon. The moon landing was July 20, 1969 at 20:17 UTC. The whole mission was July 16-24, 1969 - with launch on July 16, 1969 at 08:32 est.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|