After Sara's encounter with Mallus, the Legends are paid a visit by John Constantine, a demonologist detective. The Legends agree to accompany him to a present-day psychiatric hospital and they are surprised to discover who Constantine is trying to help. During the exorcism, Sara, Leo and Constantine go missing, leaving Ray and Zari to try to take care of Constantine’s client. Meanwhile, Amaya and Nate once again come face to face with Kuasa.
Preparation ran from October 16 until October 24, 2017. Shooting ran from October 25 until November 6, 2017.
- The title of the episode is a play on the phrase "daddy dearest".
- Starting with this episode, new episodes of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" now air on Mondays at 8pm (eastern time) instead of the old time slot of Tuesdays at 9pm (eastern time) that it aired on as of "".
- The insane asylum was also used in the filming of Freddy vs. Jason (2003).
- The alias of Emily Nora uses in the asylum is a subtle reference to The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
- This is one of the only episodes of DC's Legends of Tomorrow to not feature any time travel through the use of the Waverider.
- The tarot card Constanine shows Sara Lance in the asylum back in 1969 is a shoutout to her transition from The Black Canary (The Canary) to The White Canary.
- It's revealed by Kuasa that Zambesi Village was destroyed in 1992 after Amaya was murdered by a warlord. When she tells Amaya about her future, she returns from time traveling.
- The year Amaya is mentioned to be murdered in is the year that Maisie Richardson-Sellers (the actress who portrays her) was born.
- Ray Palmer says the last time an explosion happen in the Waverider, it caused a "freaky friday firestorm" referring to the episode "" where Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein switch bodies.
- The part of this episode taking place in 2017, is set between the Arrow episodes "" and "" because there is a mention of Oliver Queen being suspected of being the Green Arrow.
- When he meets Leo, Constantine makes an oblique romantic pass at him, and later on, has a sexual tryst with Sara. This is the first time Constantine's bisexuality, which was established in the "Hellblazer" comics, has been alluded to; it was never touched upon during the run of Constantine.
- Mentions are made of Constantine's failure to save a girl named Astra. The failed exorcism is first mentioned in "" the series premiere of Constantine and its John's biggest failure of his exorcism career is a recurring theme throughout the series.
- This is the first time in the Arrowverse that a direct reference to Constantine is mentioned outside of the Constantine series.
- The character of Dr. Ellen Moore is possibly a reference to Alan Moore, one of the authors who characterized John Constantine in the comics.
- The empty room in the asylum that Ray tells the team to take Nora too, is room 237. A reference to the hotel room from The Shinning.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Legends Of Tomorrow To Take Mondays From Supergirl - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|