- "Everyone in here, we’re the most dependable friends the people of Metropolis have. You remember that."
- —Perry White to Clark Kent[src]
The Daily Planet is a newspaper publisher located in Metropolis.
Since Superman emerged as a vigilante in Metropolis, the Daily Planet's popularity skyrocketed, with the superhero often being featured on their stories. Photojournalist James Olsen took the 1st photo of Superman.
Jealous of the fame of Lois Lane, fashion and gossip reporter, Cat Grant, went to Midvale to see if there was a super-powered being there; getting permission from Perry White, Cat promised to send him the story.
Instead of allowing Lois Lane to print an article about his dealings in the town of Smallville, Morgan Edge edited the piece to his liking; upon discovering the rewritten article, Lois quit the newspaper. Lois, working for the Smallville Gazette, needed to be reminded that she no longer worked for the Planet.
- Morgan Edge (owner)
- Perry White (editor-in-chief)
- Cat Grant (gossip columnist; left to create CatCo)
- Clark Kent (journalist; fired)
- Lois Lane (journalist; resigned)
- James Olsen (photojournalist; left to work for CatCo)
- Whit (fired)
- Leslie Larr
Superman & Lois
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, the Daily Planet is the daily newspaper of Metropolis and the workplace of Superman in his civilian persona.
|Other versions of Daily Planet (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Daily Planet.|
|Earth: 38 • 96 • 167 • TUD22|