Dante Ramon (died mid 2016) was the older brother of Cisco Ramon.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Legacy
- 3 Personality
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 References
Dante was adored as a child by his mother and father, unlike his younger brother Cisco Ramon. When Dante was 13, his band was invited to play piano at Carnegie Hall. When Dante was 15, he owed a bookie but was unable to pay him back, so Cisco gave him all the money he had earned delivering pizzas that year to pay off the debt. Despite this, while in high school, Dante told Melinda Tores (Cisco's crush) out of jealousy that Cisco wanted to become a priest and Dante starting dating Melinda, which led to tensions between the brothers.
On his birthday, Dante was adored by his mother, and was greeted by Cisco and Caitlin Snow. He hit on Caitlin and made fun of Cisco for still working at S.T.A.R. Labs. Dante was later captured by Leonard Snart/Captain Cold and Mick Rory/Heat Wave as a hostage for Cisco's engineering skills. As the brothers were held hostage, Dante confessed to Cisco how he got Melinda and his personal insecurities, before breaking the table they were tied to in an attempt to fight back, but got beaten down by Mick. When Leonard asked Cisco about The Flash's identity, Dante's fingers got frozen by Leonard in an attempt to get information when Cisco claimed knowing nothing. When Cisco buckled and gave Leonard the information, Dante presumably got medical help for his fingers.
Cisco later brought Dante to S.T.A.R. Labs in an attempt to get the shapeshifting meta-human Hannibal Bates to remember what he originally looked like. The two of them went to Bates's grandmother's house to get childhood knickknacks and pictures, and they redecorated Bates's cell to look like a bedroom. However, Bates was unhappy and closed his eyes, preferring to remain in the form he was in and forget who he really was. Dante remarked to Cisco that "some people want to forget who they really are."
When Dante met Cisco for a drink, the brothers were attacked by Rupture. While hiding in S.T.A.R. Labs, Dante confronted Cisco to which he learned that his brother was a metahuman. After Cisco saw Rupture's murder, Dante and Cisco decided to start a better relationship.
Dante's death caused Cisco to suffer depression for several months, feeling deeply regretful of not spending much time with his brother which also led to an estrangement between Cisco and Barry for thinking the timeline changes caused Dante's death in the first place (until Cisco had done something to mess with the timeline as well which mended the friendship).
Savitar later used Dante's memory as a motivator for Cisco's feelings, bringing several hallucinations of Dante to manipulate Cisco into using the Philosopher's Stone to release Savitar, until Caitlin helped Cisco truly accept Dante's death.
Despite his charming and charismatic demeanor, Dante suffered from great insecurity. Never having any ambitions or determination since high school, he became ashamed of how little he had accomplished in life, and felt he was undeserving of his parents' high praise, such that he even acted out at times. Consequently, he grew up at odds with Cisco, jealous of his brother for having goals for the future and the drive to pursue them. Despite this, Dante was shown to care for his brother, willing to risk his life to save Cisco.
- Bilingual: Dante was capable of fluently speaking English and Spanish.
- Pianist: As noted by his family, Dante was a talented pianist since childhood. His skill allowed him to play at Carnegie Hall, with his entire band, back when Dante was 13.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash: Season Zero
- "" (called Cisco)
The Chronicles of Cisco
- In an erased timeline where Mark Mardon tried to hunt down Joe West, Cisco never showed up at Dante's birthday party. However, Barry Allen accidentally traveled back in time and ended up changing the past so Mardon didn't do any more harm. Thus, Cisco had no reason not to show up at Dante's party.
- In a second erased timeline, Dante (and presumably everyone in Central City) was killed by Vandal Savage using the Staff of Horus in efforts to kill Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders. But due to Barry changing the time continuum, this disaster never occurs.
- Both Iris West and Felicity Smoak believe that Dante's death would have happened regardless of whether or not the Flashpoint timeline had been created, pointing this out to Barry and Cisco respectively.
Behind the scenes
- Dante Ramon made his first appearance in the first issue of 2013's comic book Justice League of America's Vibe, written by Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns. Here he was established as being Vibe's second oldest brother, a soccer enthusiast and an underachiever with get-rich-quick schemes. He is also the first civilian to learn Vibe's secret identity.
- The Chronicles of Cisco - Tumblr
|Other versions of Dante Ramon|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Dante Ramon.|
|Earth: 1 • 2|