- For the meta-human criminal referred to as "Subject 11" by Clifford DeVoe, see Janet Petty.
David was hired by Morgan Edge to spy on Lois Lane. He went to Smallville, where he watched her in his car while she was at the Smallville Gazette. Then he set a car on fire and tried to kill Sharon Powell, but was found by Lois, who tried to escape but he stopped her. She then stuck a pen in his ear and called Superman. They fought but David managed to briefly immobilize him, until Superman got up and threw him from the motel room. Afterwards, he was leaving New Carthage while talking to Edge on his cell phone, when he was stopped and killed by Leslie Larr using her heat vision. Leslie the calls up Edge stating that her assignment is done and that she'll "send a team".
Chrissy Beppo, who had obtained a picture of David, researched the participants of the Young Executive Program of Edge EnerCorp and discovered that David was born in Smallville. Clark and Lois discussed that those born in Smallville could control their Kryptonian-like powers.
David is strong and stoic, completely detached from compassion and concern for others, willing to kill without mercy.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: Due to exposure to X-Kryptonite, David’s DNA was altered, gaining powers similar to Superman and turning him into a meta-human.
Superman & Lois
- While unconfirmed, he was most likely a host for a Kryptonian consciousness.
Behind the scenes
- The character was referred to as Subjekt-11 on Daniel Cudmore's Instagram account.
- In the DC comics, Subjekt-17 was a former Soviet superweapon and an enemy of Superman. His first appearance in the comics was Superman #655 (October, 2006).