- For the eponymous reality, see Legion of Doom's alternate reality.
- "Well, it looks like you losers managed to remember who you are. I should've wiped you from existence when I had the chance! Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to know that Merlyn was right?! Lucky for you I believe in some fates worse than death, like me destroying the Spear and cementing this reality for all time."
- —Eobard Thawne to the Legends
After obtaining the Spear of Destiny, the Legion of Doom rewrites reality, leaving the Legends changed, perhaps forever. Frightfully, the Legends' and the world's hopes rest with Rory, but being the "hero" is not easy for him. Meanwhile, there is tension within the Legion of Doom and the reason why the Spear of Destiny needs to be destroyed is revealed.
In 2017 Star City, Sara and Amaya are chasing after a masked woman. The chases ends on a roof top, in which the woman jumps down. But her leg is hurt from the fall, and Sara and Amaya catch her. They fight, until Sara grabs her and drops her from the stairs. Afterwards, they grab her, and the woman is revealed to be Felicity Smoak.
Same year, in Central City, Eobard Thawne is handling a tour in the S.T.A.R. Labs. At this point it's become clear that the Legion of Doom have created a new reality: Eobard controls the S.T.A.R. Labs and is the most celebrated scientist in the world, having managed to trap Black Flash as well. Malcolm Merlyn's life is great, as his company still exists, his wife and son, Tommy, are alive, and his daughter, Thea, adores him. Damien Darhk is now a mayor of Star City and Sara and Amaya are his personal assassins' tasked of cleaning the city from vigilantes. They drop Felicity, who still defies Damien, resulting in Sara killing her by snapping her neck. Darhk also has a collection of vigilante masks as trophies, which contains the masks of Green Arrow, Flash, Spartan, Black Canary, Wild Dog and Vigilante. Finally, Leonard Snart and Mick Rory are criminals ruling Central City. As they rob a bank, the police let them go. Although Snart is happy about this, Mick feels this whole thing is boring. As for the other Legends, Jax is working in S.T.A.R. Labs and is the direct superior to Martin Stein, who also works there. Jax has made Stein's life a hell. Stein is building a thermal reactor for an unknown purpose. Ray is a mere janitor there. Rip is still in Waverider, having become a depressed alcoholic while perfecting his baking skills with Gideon as his only company.
Suddenly, Nate Heywood appears in S.T.A.R. Labs and goes directly to Eobard. He claims to him to have subconscious memories about the real reality, and theorizes this reality is not right. He thinks Eobard can solve it, as his genius has solved many problems. Instead, Eobard orders Snart and Mick to take him somewhere and kill him. Mick, the only Legend still retaining true memories, sees through Nate that he made a great mistake by giving the Spear of Destiny to Legion. As he and Snart take Nate to be killed, he stops Snart by knocking him out and takes Nate to safety and confirms his theory.
Mick and Nate arrive at Ray Palmer's basement home in Star City. He too, possess subconscious memories about being a Legend and scientist. Through these memories, he has created a weapon, which should affect one's subconscious to bring the subconscious memories to the surface, making them real. Mick takes the weapon and points it at Nate, and shoots him on the head. He falls down, but he is alive, with his true memories restored. The very first thing he does, is to punch Mick on the face. The gun is then used on Ray, and his memories come back, and he also punches Mick. Mick agrees he deserved it.
Snart goes to Darhk, and informs him about Mick's betrayal. Merlyn also arrives. Darhk calls Sara and Amaya to track down and kill Mick before he can restore the Legends. As the women leave, Merlyn tells others that Eobard is holding on to the Spear, not willing to let anyone else use it. All three disagree with this.
Ray tells Mick and Nate, that Jax and Stein are in S.T.A.R. Labs, working on some kind of reactor. Suddenly, Sara and Amaya break in. The guys attempt to make them realize that they have subconscious memories, which should tell them this reality isn't real. The women don't listen, and a fight follows. Mick manages to grab Sara, and in the chaos, Ray manages to use the weapon on her, restoring her memories, but Amaya escapes. Sara punches Mick as well.
With Sara back, the four Legends go to Nate's basement home to think. They know where the rest are, but the reactor Stein is building, troubles them. Sara realizes Thawne is going to use the reactor to destroy the Spear of Destiny, so that no one can erase this reality. But first, they need to rescue the rest of the team. Sara intends to go to Darhk and save Amaya, as they don't know yet that her memories are restored.
Amaya is at Darhk's office, informing Darhk what happened. Darhk, Merlyn and Snart realize Mick is trying to reassemble the Legends. Sara arrives, attempting to maintain her cover by suggesting to go after Mick and his allies with Amaya. However, Darhk pulls her to the mask trophy case, and tells her about them, and says that certain mask means so much to him: the mask of Black Canary. The mention of this eventually causes Sara to lose control, and Darhk reveals he has his magic powers in this reality. He orders Amaya to kill Sara, but Sara manages to use the weapon she was hiding to restore Amaya's memories. The two women flee the scene.
The team finds and restores Jax and decide they need to get the Spear in order to undo this reality. There is also the matter of Rip. Rip has all but fallen into despair, until Gideon reminds him, who he is and suggests using Waverider's power to send a transmission to the team. Rip rises and gets to work.
With restored Legends, Darhk, Merlyn and Snart realize they will go after Eobard and the Spear. They intend to use this to their advantage in order to claim the Spear from him.
Jax finds Stein in S.T.A.R. Labs, but he is unable to convince him, mainly because Thawne has threatened to kill him if the reactor won't go online today. Jax's attempt to use the weapon fails, when Stein manages to break it. The team charges in and Thawne attempts to stop them, but despite the fact the Legends have no superpowers, they manage to knock him down and recover the Spear. Darhk, Merlyn and Snart arrive and demand the Spear. Sara gives the Spear to Amaya and she attempts to use it, but Snart freezes her, and breaks her, distressing Nate. As the fight goes on, Thawne recovers and takes the Spear. With the reactor online, he drops it down there, and it is incinerated. Sara suggests the Legends go down fighting, but Thawne says it wouldn't matter, because he could kill them all in a heartbeat. He instead lets everyone go with knowledge, that they failed and now they have to live in reality he had made.
Depressed, the Legends return to Nate's place, mourning over Amaya and their failure. Sara then says time travel can fix this, but they have no idea, where Rip or Waverider is. Meanwhile, Rip has managed to get the Waverider working enough for a transmission. As he intends to locate the team, it is revealed the Waverider has been shrunk, and is now a trophy inside S.T.A.R. Labs' cortex.
Preparation ran from January 23 until January 31, 2017. Shooting began on February 1 and ran February 10, 2017.
- Leonard Snart mentions escaping from prison as a pastime of his and Mick's. This is likely a reference to the actors' roles on the TV series Prison Break.
- As Eobard is on the phone with the President of the United States, he mentions golfing and that the President owns a hotel, as well as wishing "Mel" the best. This is a reference to the current real-world President Donald Trump and his wife, First Lady Melania Trump. Ironically, Trump was not the President in the pre-Doomworld timeline.
- Jax asks Mick how he knows what Aramaic sounds like, and Mick says it's because of the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ. Ironically, the film features Christ on the cross getting stabbed with a spear, which is what would become the very Spear of Destiny that the aforementioned Aramaic text spoke of.
- Thawne's nuclear reactor building is a reference to the original Legion of Doom headquarters from the classic Super friends series, since Thawne leads the Legion of Doom in the Arrowverse.
- Like in the penultimate episode "" of the previous season, this episode, the penultimate of this season, featured a big main character death in the end that will motivate the team for the finale (although in this case, the Legends were able to undo this death in the finale).
- Similar to "", Nate approaches someone with a high position, forcing his way through their security, after realizing that something is wrong with the Legends. It is also Nate and Mick who gather the Legends back together in both episodes.
- With the change in the timeline in the next episode, "" all of the events of this episode were erased from existence. Also, the remnant of Eobard Thawne from Doomworld was killed by the Black Flash.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “Doomworld” Description - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|