After gaining a connection to the Speed Force, Hunter Zolomon started subjugating Central City to his will. But he wanted to be even faster, and after getting much faster through use of the velocity drug, he became Zoom and wrought terror and nightmares throughout the city.
Sometime on a voyage, Oliver Queen and Robert Queen were involved in a violent shipwreck which took the life of the former. Robert eventually made his way back home and became the vigilante known as "The Hood" and later "The Arrow".
In 1991, S.T.A.R. Labs was established by Harrison Wells and presumably his wife, later becoming a forefront in technology and science. Sometime before 2013, S.T.A.R. Labs began developing a particle accelerator, which upon its activation exploded and released dark matter waves underground, giving many civilians, including Hunter Zolomon, special powers. This prompted S.T.A.R. Labs to begin studies on meta-humans.
Various meta-humans such as Atom-Smasher, Sand Demon and Dr. Light became corrupt with their powers and became criminals, with Reverb becoming a prominent crime boss. Deathstorm and Killer Frost also became evil, with the couple later becoming feared in the criminal underworld. Zolomon became a speedster named Zoom, terrorizing Earth-2. Eventually, after travelling to Earth-3, Zoom found Jay Garrick, another speedster who protected his version of Central City as a vigilante called The Flash. Deciding to play the hero and instill false hope, Zolomon took Jay's identity and became his own version of the Flash.
Some time later, Wells hosted a press conference where he revealed that S.T.A.R. Labs was creating meta-human apps to detect enhanced individuals before being confronted by Zolomon (masquerading as "Jay Garrick" and Earth-2's Flash), who accused Wells of making a profit off of his own mistake and called him out for his accidental creation of Zoom. Wells denied these claims, however, as he would to the Earth-2 public for a long time afterward.
On May 19, 2015, a singularity breached the world, originating from Earth-1. Zoom discovered how to cross the dimensions, and brought meta-humans between the worlds to assist him in his mission to steal the Flash's speed in order to cure himself of the illness induced by overuse of the Velocity serums.
Sometime after the opening of the breaches, Zoom kidnapped Wells's daughter Jesse to force Wells to work to his demands.
For the next few months, Team Flash began facing a variety of Earth-2 meta-humans, mistaking some for their Earth-1 counterparts at first, although Barry was able to imprison or kill most of them. When Earth-2 Wells (nicknamed "Harry" by Cisco Ramon) traveled to Earth-1 to receive the help of Team Flash in stopping Zoom and saving Jesse, Zoom took advantage of the situation and threatened to kill Jesse if Harry didn't steal Barry's speed so Zoom could use it for himself. After discovering Harry's motive for aiding Team Flash, Barry and the rest of the team decided to help him save Jesse.
After closing all the breaches but one, Harry, Barry, and Cisco traveled to Earth-2, where Barry impersonated his Earth-2 counterpart to get information on Zoom's location. Through his Barry-2 disguise, Barry met the counterparts of his loved ones, including his mother, Iris, and Joseph West. He later encountered Deathstorm, Reverb, and Killer Frost before being kidnapped and imprisoned by Zoom, forcing Harry and Cisco to ally with Barry-2 and Killer Frost to find him. After both he and Jesse were recovered from Zoom's lair, the trio and Jesse returned to Earth-1 and closed the final breach to seal the gateway between Earth-1 and Earth-2, although "Jay" was killed by Zoom in the process.
Having deduced the truth about Jay/Hunter, Barry was able to use a tachyon generator based on Eobard Thawne's notes to increase his speed to allow him to match Zoom, but Zoom abducted Wally West and blackmailed Barry to surrender his speed to save his life. After giving up Wally as part of the deal and gaining Barry's speed, Zolomon kidnapped Caitlin Snow, having developed a twisted affection for her when masquerading as "Jay." With her held captive, Zolomon revealed his plans to subjugate Earth-1 following his success on Earth-2 before taking Caitlin back to Earth-1.
Zoom brought over his entire army of meta-humans from Earth-2 to conquer Earth-1, causing an event known as the Metapocalypse. However, Team Flash was able to defeat most of the Earth-2 meta-humans using a frequency pulse that would only harm those from Earth-2, although Zoom was able to return to Earth-2 before suffering from the pulse's effects. Later, Cisco vibed the future event of Earth-2 splitting in half.
It is later revealed that Zoom stole a magnetar from Mercury Labs and modified it to create a pulse that would destroy every world in the multiverse, excluding Earth-1, and after Zoom murdered Barry's father, challenged him to a race to see who's the fastest in which their combined energy would power the magnetar.
Team Flash ultimately imprisoned Barry to stop him from racing Zoom and attempt to stop Zoom themselves. Though they managed to banish Zoom back to Earth-2, Joe West of Earth-1 was accidentally sent through the breach and subsequently held hostage to force Barry to agree to the race regardless.
Earth-2, along with the rest of the multiverse, was saved when Barry creates a time remnant, who sacrifices himself to thwart Zoom's plan, before Time Wraiths capture Zoom and carry him into the Speed Force for his crimes. Harry and Jesse subsequently return to their Earth, along with the real Jay Garrick, to help the latter return to Earth-3.
Later on, following the creation of Flashpoint by Barry and its undoing by the Reverse-Flash, Harry and Jesse returned to Earth-1 upon which the former immediately deduced that Barry had altered the timeline. When asked how he came to such a deduction, Harry revealed that S.T.A.R. Labs now had a speed lab which everyone remembered existing save for Harry, Barry, and Jesse, implying that Earth-2 wasn't affected by any of the timeline changes on Earth-1.
On the day Iris West was to die at the hands of Savitar, she and Joe traveled to Earth-2 and went into hiding to protect themselves. Despite their best efforts, however, Iris's location was later inadvertently revealed to Savitar by H.R. Wells, with the speedster subsequently traveling to Earth-2 himself and forcibly taking Iris back to Earth-1 to meet her death.
- Ascension Cliffs
- Big Belly Burger
- Central City
- Central City Orphanage
- Central City Picture News
- Central City Royal Bank
- Gorilla City
- S.T.A.R. Labs
- Starling City
- Zoom's lair
The Chronicles of Cisco
- The most noticeable difference between Earth-1 and Earth-2 can be immediately seen; the daylight on Earth-2 gives everything a yellow tint.
- Although comparable events on Earth-1 and Earth-2 seem to happen roughly at the same time, there might be a global shift of the timelines with respect to each, as evidenced by the fact that Harrison Wells founded S.T.A.R. Labs in 1991 on Earth-2 while his counterpart from Earth-1 (as well as Eobard Thawne in the altered timeline) founded S.T.A.R. Labs at the earliest in the year 2000. This apparent mismatch of events on the two Earths might be explained by the nature of the singularity and the breaches connecting Earth-1 and Earth-2, possibly representing a gateway through both space and time.
- However, if the timeline of Earth-2 was really somewhat ahead of schedule with reference to Earth-1, it could explain why Harrison Wells of Earth-2 could start the particle accelerator already in 2013 (possibly without the help of Tess Morgan), while his counterpart from Earth-1 accomplished that goal as late as 2020.
- This version Earth-2 seems to be an amalgam of Earths Two and Three from DC mythology. It features villainous versions of many heroes or civilians from Earth-1 (such as Linda Park and Laurel Lance), similar to Earth-3, but features the same heroes from Earth-1, but with different civilian identities than those of Earth-1 (Hunter, masquerading as Jay Garrick, instead of Barry; Robert instead of Oliver) such as on Earth-2.
- While Earth-2 is more scientifically advanced than Earth-1, stylistically, Earth-2's Central City has a late 40s-50s aesthetic mixed with futuristic, presumably as a reference to the real world 1940s and 1950s (also known as the Golden Age of Comics). During this time, The Flash character was first created, with Jay Garrick as his first civilian identity.
- Television and computer screens on Earth-2 are vertically rectangular rather than horizontally.
- Blood types are either named differently on Earth-2 or entirely different from Earth-1; Harry mentioned that Jesse Wells has "PZ Negative" blood. His exact blood type is unknown but is apparently a match.
- Harry claims that serial killers are "an anomaly" on Earth-2, suggesting that while murder is not uncommon, someone constantly killing is not normal behavior for criminals; Hunter Zolomon's conviction was met with massive media coverage.
- It's possible Earth-2 might have a much more advanced education system as Jesse has five majors at college and was surprised when informed that wasn't common on Earth-1.
- Earth-2 and its inhabitants all vibrate at a higher frequency.
- Earth-2 and Earth-1 doppelgängers are said to be mirror images of one another and are opposite in hand dominance.
- Earth-2's currency is red in color and square-shaped, as opposed to green and rectangular as on Earth-1.
- Earth-2's timeline is seemingly unaffected by the events of Flashpoint. This was shown when Harry remembered that there was no Speed lab in Earth-1 S.T.A.R. Labs before his departure to Earth-2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ""
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ ""
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 ""
- ↑ ""
|1 • 2 • 3 • 12 • 13 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 19 • 22 • 24 • 25 • 27 • 35 • 37 • 38 • 47 • 48 • 51 • 90 • 221 • X|