Earth-38 was one of the many universes in the multiverse. It was the home universe of Superman and Supergirl. During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, the entire universe was engulfed in a wave of antimatter, with 3 billion of Earth's citizens surviving due to evacuation to Earth-1, making them refugees. Unfortunately, the antimatter wave would later reach Earth-1 as well, killing all surviving inhabitants except Supergirl, J'onn J'onzz, and Lex Luthor.
After Oliver Queen died while battling the Anti-Monitor and reformed the universe, Earth-Prime was formed, which contained most elements of Earth-1, Earth-38, and Earth-TUD5. As such, while this Earth may be physically gone, its people live on as part of Earth-Prime.
- 1 History
- 2 Events (in chronological order)
- 3 Notable individuals
- 4 Known locations
- 5 Appearances
- 5.1 Supergirl
- 5.2 The Flash
- 5.3 DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 5.4 Arrow
- 5.5 Batwoman
- 5.6 Comics
- 5.7 The Chronicles of Cisco
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 References
- "You know J'onn J'onzz from Supergirl's Earth?"
- "Of course I know J'onn! Wait, go back...Supergirl has her own Earth?"
- —Sara Lance, Ray Palmer, and J'onn J'onzz[src]
Alien life was common knowledge for over a decade on the Earth of this universe - in particular, the Kryptonian heroes Superman and Supergirl. Barry Allen accidentally traveled to the Earth of this universe while testing out his tachyon device and was able to return home with Supergirl's aid.
When Cisco and Gypsy had a duel over the life of H.R. Wells, they crossed the dimensions and landed on this universe's Earth, in the office of James Olsen. They were seen by Eve Teschmacher fighting before vanishing into another breach.
Recently, the atmosphere of Earth-38 had been seeded with a trace amount of lead, making the planet uninhabitable to Daxamites. Though by the 2400's of a now erased future, a cure was invented by L-Corp, allowing said species to stay on Earth without any problems.
In 2019, a wave of antimatter sent by the Anti-Monitor destroyed this Earth, however, with the help of Lena Luthor and heroes of Earth-1, the heroes of Earth-38 manage to evacuate 3 billion inhabitants to Earth-1. The Monitor predicted that one third of all survivors were saved by Oliver Queen, sacrificing himself to protect the quantum tower protecting Earth-38 from destruction before the tower, the Earth and Queen himself fell.
Events (in chronological order)
- Big Bang (billions of years ago)
- Green Martian Genocide (c. 1717)
- American Revolutionary War (1775–1783)
- World War I (1914–1918)
- World War II (1939–1945)
- Dominators invade Krypton (pre-1966)
- Fort Rozz's arrival on Earth (2003)
- Earthquake in National City (2013)
- Wildfires in National City (2014)
- Sun turned red by Lex Luthor
- Lex Luthor is arrested
- Oil spill in National City
- Earthquake in National City
- Myriad (2016)
- Daxamite Invasion of Earth (2017)
- The Elite's war against the Children of Liberty and President Baker
- Lex Luthor's war against Supergirl and Lena Luthor
- Leviathan's Uprising (2019–)
- Malefic J'onzz wages war against his brother, J'onn J'onzz
- Lena Luthor's revenge on Kara Danvers (2019–)
- Anti-Monitor Crisis
- L-Corp develops a cure for lead poisoning (25th century)
- Mon-El becomes founder of the Legion (31st century)
- Barry Allen/The Flash
- Kate Kane/Batwoman
- Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Sara Lance/White Canary
- Lyla Michaels/Harbinger
- Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (deceased)
- Mia Queen
- Cynthia/Gypsy (deceased)
- Harrison Sherloque Wells (relocated to Harrison Nash Wells' mind)
- Mar Novu/The Monitor (deceased)
From the Fifth Dimension
From the Netherverse
From an unknown Earth
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Adventures of Supergirl
The Chronicles of Cisco
- Time on Earth-38 flows faster than Eath-1 by several hours; a few moments Barry was gone on Earth-1, he had an adventure on this world.
- Barry Allen went through a series of names from individuals on his Earth and Earth-2, seeing if they existed on Earth-38. After running them by Kara Danvers and looking them up online, it appeared that Harrison Wells, Cisco Ramon, Caitlin Snow, Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Atom, Firestorm, Zoom and even himself, as the Flash, all either did not exist or at the very least didn't share the same names and identities of their counterparts.
- While Central City still existed on Earth-38, S.T.A.R. Labs did not.
- The existence of extraterrestrial life was common knowledge on the Earth of Earth-38, whereas only a small number of individuals outside of the government knew of them on Earth-1, at least in the 21st century.
- It was identical to Earth-1 in many ways such as aesthetics, time, the existence of real-life figures such as celebrities, politicians and artists, currency, law enforcement, crime, vigilantism, government, mass media, fine art, history, historical events, holidays, politics, political issues, the internet, magic, life, everyday life, physical laws, nature, Greek Mythology, science, popular culture and technology unlike many other Earths.
- There had been numerous encounters with genies, including some who may have been Imps, that have been documented for centuries on Earth-38.
- The F.B.I. (Federal Bureau of Investigation), The United States Army, and the FAA all existed on Earth-38 as well.
- The Chemical compound "DT Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane" (also known as DDT) existed on Earth-38 before it was banned by the American government who destroyed any remaining stockpiles of it.
- At the time of its destruction during the Crisis, it was populated by 7.53 billion assorted individuals that included humans, meta-humans, and various alien species.
- Earth-38 was a key Earth where the Monitor placed a Quantum Tower.
Behind the scenes
- The number 38 is a reference to 1938, the year Superman debuted.
- Earth-38 has been referred to as "Earth-CBS" by Marc Guggenheim as the series first aired on CBS before moving to The CW.
- In the comics, Earth-38 is Home to a Superman that debuted in 1938 and a Batman that first appeared in 1939. Unlike many of the worlds of the Multiverse, time passes on Earth-38 as it does on Earth Prime. Its Worlds Finest team and other heroes aged over the course of passing decades and eventually ceded their roles to their successors and children, beginning a heroic legacy that would continue well into the 30th century itself.
- Next to Earth-1, Earth-38 was the second most important universe in the original multiverse as it was the main setting of one of the TV shows of the Arrowverse, .
- Real-life similarities (all of which has been mentioned or seen) that have been confirmed to exist on Earth-38 include news personnel such as Julie Chen, Rick Garcia, Sara Gilbert, Leyna Nguyen, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler, and Sheryl Underwood; writers such as Joseph Campbell, Alexandre Dumas (who wrote the novel "The Three Musketeers"), F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Gene Wilder; musicians and music groups such as Mariah Carey, Beyoncé Knowles, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, the band "the Barenaked Ladies", and the band "NSYNC"; celebrities such as Harrison Ford, Bill Gates, Caitlyn Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Rob Lowe, Elon Musk, and Keanu Reeves; politicians such as Hillary Clinton, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ike Eisenhower, Abraham Lincoln, Bill O'Reilly, Bernie Sanders, and George Washington; groups such as Nazis (which both Oliver and Kara have stated that they hated during the events of ); Mass Media like the magazine "Vanity Fair", the talk show "The Talk", the musicals "Hamilton" and "Wicked", the Dance Dance Revolution video game series, social media like "Twitter", streaming services such as "Netflix", and films like "Matilda", "the Star Wars franchise", "Back to the Future", "Young Frankenstein", "The Wizard of Oz" and "Ransom".
|Prime • 2 • 9 • 12 • 19 • 21 • 96|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34 • 35 • 37 • 38 • 43 • 47 • 48 • 51 • 52 • 66 • 67 • 73 • 74 • 75 • 76 • 85 • 86 • 87 • 89 • 90 • 92 • 96 • 99 • 167 • 203 • 221 • 260 • 494 • 666 • 719 • 827 • 898 • 1938 • D • F • N52 • X • TUD1 • TUD2 • TUD3 • TUD4 • TUD5 • TUD6 • TUD7 • TUD8 • TUD9 • TUD10 • TUD11 • TUD12 • TUD13 • TUD14 • TUD15 • TUD16 • TUD17 • TUD18 • TUD19 • TUD20 • TUD21|