- "You tried to make me kill Nora, but why?"
- "Because if you murder someone you love, your soul will be mine."
- —Ray Palmer and Neron
While Ray is worried about Nora, he is suddenly faced with his own problem that forces him to do the unthinkable. Nate and Zari are stuck in an awkward limbo, so Sara devises a plan to send them on an easy mission together. Meanwhile, Charlie and Rory are approached with a lucrative offer that could upend their lives.
Preparation ran from November 14 until November 26, 2018. Shooting ran from November 27 until December 7, 2018.
- The episode's title is a combination of the names to the McDonald's breakfast sandwich the Egg McMuffin, and the MacGuffin, a plot device made famous by Alfred Hitchcock.
- There are several references to the Indiana Jones film series made in this episode:
- When on the mission in 1933 Zari is given the name of Marion Ravenwood, the Indiana Jones franchise's leading female character. Nate is given the alias Dr. Henry Jones Junior, the true name of the character of Indiana Jones (also called "Indy" by his friends). In the episode, Zari hits someone in the back of the head with a frying pan, similar to something Ravenwood does in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- After Zari and Nate find the fake egg, the Nazis threaten to torture them to learn the location of the real egg, similar to how Arnold Ernst Toht threatened to torture Marion to make her give him the Headpiece to the Staff of Ra in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- When the Waverider makes the time jump from 2019 to 1933, a map of the United States is shown, with a red line moving across it from 2019 Washington D.C. to 1933 New York to indicate that they're traveling from one location to another. This is commonly featured in the Indiana Jones films to show when someone (usually the titular character) is traveling.
- Ava uses a whip while fighting the Nazis, a reference to Indy's signature weapon.
- The ending scene where Zari asks Nate where it doesn't hurt is also a reference to a scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark between Indy and Marion.
- Ray's line of "Not groovy at all" is a reference to the "Groovy" catchphrase of The Evil Dead protagonist Ash Williams who is noted for having a possessed right hand similar to Ray.
- As of this episode, Zari is Nate's second love interest within the Legends, after Amaya Jiwe.
- When discovering that Gordon's assistant Vincent stole the gold dragon egg, and comparing it to the killer in the book club book, Sara comments that the extreme doormat always ends up snapping and going bad. This foreshadows what happens to Gary, the resident doormat, who turns evil and joins Neron.
- When Nate reveals Ray's fate to the girls, Mallus' theme from Season 3 plays in the background.
- By the end of this episode, Nate and Mick are the only male characters who are not deceased, captured, or working for Neron.
- The tagline for Heatwaves: An Erotic Space Odyssey is "In space, no one can hear you moan." This is a reference to the famous movie tagline "In space, no one can hear you scream" from the hit horror movie Alien.
- Nate slithering through the trip wires is similar to how Catherine Zeta-Jones memorably maneuvered through similar obstacles in the 1999 film, Entrapment.
- Gary picks up a book with a Flamel Cross on the cover. While the concept of the cross is part of alchemical tradition, the specific design is the one from Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Nate quotes Ray by referring to the fugitive as a "myth-tery". However, Nate was not present when Ray used the term in "".
- However, it's possible that Ray mentioned this to Nate later off-screen.
- Nate appears to have no blood on him after facing Ray/Neron, but his face is covered in cuts by the time he meets Zari on the bridge.
- During the flashbacks of all the times Gary had been treated badly by everyone, the scene where Mick pulls out Gary from the trash bin in "" was included, despite this being a simulation created by Gideon to prevent Zari from leaving the Legends. Therefore, Gary should have no memory of this.
- RomantiCon 2019 is supposed to be happening in Seattle, but the establishing shot for it is very clearly not the Washington State Convention Center, where such an event would typically be held.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 4.13 - Egg MacGuffin - Press Release - SpoilerTV
- ↑ Keto Shimizu (@ketomizu) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|