|Oliver and John learn that Malcolm is going to try to break Damien out of prison. Meanwhile, Laurel gets a surprising offer.|
Andy Diggle tells his brother that he was approached by Malcolm on a plan to break Damien out of prison, Oliver and John stake out the location and stop H.I.V.E.'s plan, but it turns out to be a ruse designed to let Malcolm and his league followers to infiltrate the bunker and steal Damien's idol.
The team attempts to locate Malcolm, with Andy providing intel, Malcolm delivers the idol to Damien, but it will not work because it is incomplete. John reveals to Andy that he personally hid the missing piece in another location.
Oliver does not trust Andy and confronts him; John interrupts the interrogation and sides with his brother, pointing a gun at Oliver.
Damien orchestrates a prison riot, and the team sets out to stop him, with Andy joining them.
But, when the team reaches Damien, Andy turns on them and gives Damien the missing piece to his idol, restoring his powers and here begins his revenge plan and prison break.
With Damien's powers restored, he stabs Laurel in revenge against captain Quentin Lance before escaping with Andy and several inmates, Laurel later dies at the hospital. But not before asking Oliver to remember to keep his promise to her.
In flashbacks, Oliver helps the island prisoners escape and sets off a bomb to bury Reiter and keep from leaving the tunnels.
- The title is a reference to Laurel Lance's time of death, as announced by the presiding doctor.
- Laurel's death in this episode has received almost universal backlash from fans and has been the subject of much controversy among critics.
- Damien Darhk mentions the Khushu Idol was made by the Homo Magi. In DC comics, the Homo Magi are a sub-race species of humanity who naturally have magical powers.
- Despite an official synopsis referring to Felicity talking to Curtis, this never occurs, nor does the latter even appear.
- During an attempted resuscitation on Laurel, the medical staff deliver cardiac stimulation via a defibrillator and apply conductive patches, as is standard practice. However, they place the patches top of Laurel's hospital gown, which would interfere with the delivery of the electrical current, potentially causing the cloth to melt or catch fire as a result.
- In the scene where Laurel goes into cardiac arrest, the medical staff is seen working on her resuscitation for barely 60 seconds before declaring her deceased. That amount of time is far too short to give up on resuscitation.
- When Dr. Schwartz gives the time of death for Laurel, she only says 11:59 without saying PM. Regardless, time of death is given in 24h time, which would put Laurel's death at 23:59.
Preparation ran from February 2 until February 11, 2016. Shooting ran from February 12 until February 23, 2016.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|