- For the eponymous multiversal phenomenon, see Elseworlds (concept).
Elseworlds is the name of the fifth annual shared multiverse crossover event between , , and . The crossover aired over three nights from December 9th to December 11th, 2018. This crossover serves as a set-up for the upcoming television series and officially confirms to be canon for the Arrowverse.
The three-night event begins with Arkham Asylum doctor John Deegan rewriting reality, which results in Oliver and Barry swapping lives. In this new reality, the two heroes are the only ones that know that they are in the wrong lives and have each other's powers.
On Earth-90, Flash escapes as a mysterious figure uses a powerful book to destroy that Earth. On Earth-1, the same figure gives the book to Arkham Asylum psychiatrist John Deegan, who uses it to rewrite reality according to his will. The following day, Oliver Queen and Barry Allen wake up in each other's lives; Oliver is the Flash and Barry is the Green Arrow. At S.T.A.R. Labs, Team Flash does not believe them and locks them up in "The Pipeline". Oliver and Barry use each other's abilities to escape and travel to Earth-38 to get help from Kara Danvers and acquaint themselves with her cousin Clark Kent(Superman) and Lois Lane. Meanwhile, an android called A.M.A.Z.O. awakens and threatens Central City. Cisco Ramon retrieves Oliver and Barry from Earth-38, with Kara and Clark helping. After defeating A.M.A.Z.O., Cisco vibes the mysterious figure and Deegan. The figure tells the group that something is coming and they will not be able to stop it. While Clark returns to protect Earth-38, Oliver realizes the figure and Deegan were located in Gotham City.
In Gotham, Barry, Oliver and Kara are arrested by the GCPD after getting into a fight. They are bailed out by Wayne Enterprises' CEO Kate Kane, who tells them Deegan is at Arkham Asylum. The trio, with the assistance of Caitlin and Diggle, break into Arkham to confront Deegan. They retrieve the "Book of Destiny" but Deegan escapes and causes a mass breakout. During a confrontation with inmate Nora Fries, Barry and Oliver are exposed to fear gasand believe each other to be Eobard Thawne and Malcolm Merlyn, respectively. After stopping the breakout, Kate, as the vigilante Batwoman, rouses them from their hallucinatory state and tells them to leave Gotham. They head to A.R.G.U.S. to restore reality, where Earth-90's Flash warns them about Mar Novu / Monitor. Barry, Oliver, Kara and Earth-90's Flash confront Monitor, who says he is rewriting reality to test out worlds to stop an upcoming crisis. Monitor steals the book, escapes and returns it to Deegan. He writes a new reality in which Barry and Oliver are criminals known as the Trigger Twins, who have no powers. They are confronted by a black-suited Superman.
Oliver realizes the Superman impostor is actually Deegan; they force him to save innocents while they escape to find Cisco. Deegan and his forces, including the Earth-1 doppelgänger of Kara's adoptive sister Alex Danvers, are holding Kara (who is known as Subject 1 and has committed several crimes in that reality) and S.T.A.R. Labs. They locate Cisco and persuade him to take them to Earth-38. They find Clark, who agrees to return with them to Earth-1 while Kara persuades Alex to release her. Arriving on Earth-1, Clark and Oliver fight Deegan and his forces so Alex, Barry, and Kara can find the Book of Destiny. They locate it in the Time Vault and take it to Clark, who restores Barry, Oliver, and Kara to their real selves. Deegan retrieves the book and attempts to rewrite reality again. To impede his progress, Barry and Kara slow down time by speeding around the Earth in opposite directions. Oliver confronts the Monitor, asking him to spare Barry and Kara, but the Monitor demands something from Oliver in exchange. Clark, joined by Lois, Brainiac 5, and J'onn J'onzz, fights Deegan and a revived A.M.A.Z.O. Barry and Kara are nearly torn apart by their speed but Oliver shoots the book with an arrow enhanced by the Monitor. Deegan reverts back to himself, though heavily disfigured, and reality is restored. After returning to Earth-38, Clark and Lois tell Kara they are expecting a child and will return to Argo City, leaving Earth's protection to her. On Earth-1, Oliver is contacted by Kate, who says Deegan, now incarcerated at Arkham, has made a new friend of masked Roger Hayden; who tells Deegan "Worlds will live, worlds will die, and the universe will never be the same".
- John Wesley Shipp as The Flash
- LaMonica Garrett as Mar Novu/The Monitor
- Jeremy Davies as Dr. John Deegan
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash/Green Arrow
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Sherloque Wells and Professor Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash
- Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman and Superman (John Deegan)
- Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt
- Liam Hall as Joe Wilson/Kane Wolfman
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Ruby Rose as Kate Kane/Batwoman
- Bob Frazer as Roger Hayden
- Cassandra Jean Amell as Nora Fries
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer
- Kirk Acevedo as Ricardo Diaz
- Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers
- Adam Tsekhman as Gary Green
- Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy
- Jesse Rath as Querl Dox/Brainiac 5
- David Harewood as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter
- The title of this crossover, Elseworlds, is a reference to a publication imprint produced by DC Comics for stories that took place outside of the DC Universe canon.
- Kate Kane/Batwoman made her debut in this crossover. Her own series, , is currently in development.
- Like , Elseworlds received its own special opening title card.
- Like , the first two parts of Elseworlds ended with a "To be continued on" card.
- This crossover focused on five core characters. Those characters were Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Barry Allen/The Flash, Kara Danvers/Supergirl, Clark Kent/Superman and Kate Kane/Batwoman.
- This crossover introduced Lois Lane as well as the Earth-1 doppelgängers of Alex Danvers (Earth-1 Alex Danvers) and James Olsen (Jimmy).
- This is the first crossover since to not include .
- However, Gary Green does appear in "". Also, "" refers to the crossover subtly.
- This is the first crossover since where no antagonists are dead by the end.
- This is the first crossover where Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) doesn't appear in every episode as she only appeared in "".
- This was the first crossover to feature Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man, Clark Kent/Superman, Joe Wilson, Ricardo Diaz, and Querl Dox/Brainiac 5.
- This crossover marks the first time when the title of the next crossover () is revealed at the end.
- This crossover had the most absent series regulars as there were 13 series regulars who were absent. The series regulars who did not appear in the crossover were:
- - Danielle Nicolet (Cecille Horton), Jessica Parker Kennedy (Nora West-Allen), Chris Klein (Orlin Dwyer), and Jesse L. Martin (Joe West).
- - Rick Gonzalez (Rene Ramirez), Juliana Harkavy (Dinah Drake), Colton Haynes (Roy Harper), Sea Shimooka (Emiko Adachi), and Katie Cassidy (Earth-2 Laurel Lance).
- - Katie McGrath (Lena Luthor), Sam Witwer (Ben Lockwood), Nicole Maines (Nia Nal), and April Parker Jones (Lauren Haley).
- ↑ "Arrowverse stars reveal details about the Trinity-centric 'Elseworlds' crossover" - Entertainment Weekly
|"" • ""|
|"" • ""|
|"" • "" () • "" () • "" ()|
|"" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • ""|