- For other uses of "Green Arrow", see Green Arrow (disambiguation).
- "Hey, Dad, turns out Oliver's more like you than I thought. More like me too. But I'm not giving up. Not ever."
- —Emiko Queen to Robert Queen's grave[src]
Emiko Queen is the daughter of the late Robert Queen, the paternal half-sister of Oliver Queen and the aunt of William Clayton. She is also a vigilante archer who became the third Green Arrow, taking up Oliver's mantle after his incarceration and to get justice after the murder of her late mother, Koizumi Hadachi.
Emiko was born to Robert Queen and Koizumi Hadachi. She has a paternal half-brother, Oliver. It is unknown if he is her older or younger half-brother. Robert knew about Emiko's existence, but ultimately chose Moira, Oliver, and Thea over Emiko and her mother. He abandoned them and cut off all contact with one another. Before Robert's death, he wrote a letter to Walter Steele, apologizing for walking out on Koizumi and Emiko and showing a lot of remorse for what he did. He also asked Walter to take care of them. But it was too late, as Walter never received it, and Moira found out about it and hid the letter.
After Emiko's mother was murdered by an unknown perpetrator, her house in the Glades burnt down, Emiko swore to avenge her mother by embracing the darkness and becoming the new Green Arrow.
Becoming the new Green Arrow
Her first known target was Jason Stent, ambushing and delivering him to the Star City Police Department. She then attacked some weapons dealers, saving Rene Ramirez and another kid before leaving. When Stent was released, Emiko went after him again at an arms deal. As she attacked him, Emiko quoted Oliver by telling Stent that he failed the city. However, before she could shoot him, the SCPD, led by Captain Dinah Drake, rushed to the scene, trying to arrest Emiko. However, thanks to Rene, she was able to escape. In a secret location, Emiko crossed Stent's name off a list, similar to Oliver's method from his time as the "Hood" in 2012.
Emiko also stopped thieves from robbing a store. Afterwards, when arsonists led by Jon Cortez set fire to a community center in the Glades, she arrived in time to rescue Zoe Ramirez and looked on from the building's roof at her, Rene, and Dinah before leaving. Later, she runs into Rene again and informs him of Cortez. When Dinah appears in an attempt to arrest her, Rene helps Emiko escape. She returns when Cortez resurfaces to set fire to a movie theater and worked alongside Rene and Dinah stop them. With the fire still spreading, Emiko climbed up a water pipe and pulled it to put out the fire, hurting herself in the process. Rene and Dinah then help her in getting away.
Emiko showed up again to help John Diggle, Dinah, and Rene take down Ricardo Diaz. She struggled against Diaz until Diggle took him by surprise and knocked him out, after which he was sent to Slabside Maximum Security Prison.
After Oliver´s release from prison, Emiko became more determined to hunt down names from her list to get revenge for her mother´s death, eventually getting wounded and ending up as a partner of Rene Ramirez. Rene and Emiko worked to find the presumed killer of Koizumi and to kill him justly.
Soon after, while visiting her father´s grave, Emiko was confronted by Oliver who asked for forgiveness for his father´s sins and his abandonment of Emiko and her mother. While initially rejecting him, Emiko eventually met up with Oliver at SCPD where she asked to start a better relationship with her half brother.
Similar to her brother, Emiko has shown a very stubborn and driven nature. Like Oliver when he first became a vigilante, Emiko has a very straightforward view on the corruption of society, believing in the quick-fix nature of striking down criminals. Unlike her brother, she is not much of a team player, believing that trusting others will ultimately lead to disappointment. Instead, she struck out on a one-man mission of revenge. Ultimately, this mentality has made her lose touch with certain common decencies, and she would go to any lengths to get whatever she desires.
- Peak of human physical condition: As a vigilante, Emiko is in top physical condition. Despite her nimble frame, Emiko is strong enough to lift her own body with gymnastic rings and able to break a wooden post with a single kick.
- Master combatant/martial artist: Emiko has proven herself to be a worthy fighter, able to take on several enemies by herself. Emiko was able to fight William Glenmorgan, though she ultimately defeated him by shooting him in the shoulder with an arrow. She was also able to fight Ricardo Diaz on her own briefly, and was able to defeat him with John Diggle's aid.
- Expert knife thrower: Emiko has been shown to be a skilled knife thrower, as during a training session she able to hit the center of her targets several times.
- Expert stick fighter: Similar to her half brother, Emiko is a skilled stick fighter as she is shown to be using her own bow as an improvised weapon and training with a bastion.
- Master archer: Emiko has proven herself to be a highly skilled archer, as she is able to shoot down multiple foes with little effort.
- Expert investigator: Emiko is shown to be a skilled investigator, as she was able to compile a list of names connected to her mother's supposed murderer.
- Skilled engineer: It can be assumed that Emiko is a capable engineer and metalsmith; as evidenced by the fact that several arrows and trick arrows were seeing in her hideout.
- Intimidation: Like Oliver, Emiko commands an intimidating presence to the point where most criminals fear her; even a high profile criminal like Jason Stent was visibly terrified of her in two of their encounters.
- Green Arrow suit: Emiko wears a protective suit as Green Arrow, in order to hide her identity from her enemies while crime-fighting; it is similar in appearance to the one that is used by Oliver Queen.
- Green Arrow mask: Emiko wears a dark green mask as her alter-ego, Green Arrow. It is made from a compressible micro-fabric and can effectively conceal her identity without any restrictions on her visual field; it is similar in appearance to the one that was used by Oliver.
- Customized recurve bow: She uses a Ragim recurve bow with black limbs; it is similar in appearance to the one that is used by Oliver when he first began his exploits as a vigilante.
- Quiver: Emiko uses a quiver strapped to her back to carry her arrows; it is similar in appearance to the one used by Oliver.
- Customized hunting arrows: She uses numerous types of green arrows; they are similar in appearance to the ones that are used by Oliver.
- Trick arrows: Like Oliver, Emiko uses trick arrows, such as incendiary arrows that explode on contact, and grappling hook arrows.
- Flechettes: Like Oliver, Emiko carries flechettes on her right thigh.
- Combat Knife: Emiko carries a combat knife on her right leg.
- Voice filter: She uses a voice filter to disguise her voice, keeping her identity anonymous.
- Emiko and her mother would make blanket forts. They would often fall asleep on the floor together. It is shown that Emiko still has that blanket.
- Emiko is the 14th character in the Arrowverse to have an episode named after her in a civilian sense in some way, after Sara Lance, Felicity Smoak, Harrison Wells, Oliver Queen, Alex Danvers, Zari Tomaz, Harry Wells, Iris West, Winn Schott, Ava Sharpe, Nora West-Allen, Gary Green, and Nate Heywood.
Behind the scenes
- In the main DC comics continuity, Robert Queen had an affair with Shado, resulting in the birth of a daughter named Emiko Queen. Emiko eventually became known as the new Red Arrow, and also, at one point, took on the identity of the Green Arrow after her half-brother, Oliver Queen.