- "Humanity's status quo should be shaken up every few millennia. It's good for them."
- —Enchantress on the destruction of the Loom of Fate[src]
The Enchantress was living in Ancient Egypt in the body of a woman playing a harp when she was approached by her friend, Clotho, who teased her about her preference of "artsy types". The harp player quipped back that her powers weren't entertainment before uttering the word "Enchantress", revealing her true form. Enchantress guessed correctly that the visit was about the destruction of the Loom of Fate, of which she did not disapprove, as she agrees with shaking up the status quo. She warned her friend that destroying her reason for existence meant she had to decide who she would now become and how much of Clotho would remain. Since Clotho needed to make a Loom fragment inaccessible, the Enchantress cast a spell on it that would make it invisible to anyone who thought of it.
In 1910, the Loom fragment that Enchantress hid was summoned by Constantine to his house. Constantine and Zari Tarazi fell through a portal and arrived soon after, encountering Enchantress disguised as an old lady who introduced herself as "Mrs. Hughes". She claimed this was her boarding house and offered them a room, on the condition that they be a couple since she claimed to be very old-fashioned. They agreed but were interrupted by the arrival of another guest, causing John and Zari to quickly move on.
After Constantine and Zari defeated all the Encores and found the Loom fragment, "Mrs. Hughes" entered the room just as they were being picked up by the rest of the Legends. Constantine, having deduced her true identity, slyly told her he thought she wasn't allowed to meddle with mortals anymore, and that she could have been a bit more direct, to which "Mrs. Hughes" giggled and affirmed she didn't know what he meant. As he left, however, she promised to see him around, and turned back to her true form.
Powers and abilities
- Magical entity physiology: As a supernatural entity, Enchantress has magical powers.
- Shapeshifting: Enchantress had the ability to shape-shift into any individual she desires.
- Immortality: Apparently Enchantress is immortal, as she hasn't aged even a day from ancient Egypt to the present day. Also, John noted that he thought she isn't allowed to meddle with mortals, further indicating she isn't a mortal.
- Teleportation: Using magic, Enchantress is able to teleport objects from place to place.
- Perception Filter: Using magic Enchantress can place a perception filter around an object, a telepathic effect which misdirected the senses of anyone who tries to look for the object by thinking about it.
- Expert of deception/Manipulator: As her shape-shifting powers replicate only the physical form and voice of a person, Enchantress must instead rely on natural acting.
- Occult knowledge: Enchantress has acquired extensive knowledge of the supernatural.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Enchantress is a powerful but mentally unstable witch who has fought as hero and villain. Her true identity is the kind-hearted June Moone, although she becomes evil when possessed by the Enchantress entity.