"Equinox: The Book of Fate" is the seventh episode of the first season of , and the seventh episode overall. It aired on March 6, 2018.
|THE NEW NORMAL - Black Lightning's (Cress Williams) pursuit for Tobias (Marvin Jones III) continues. Anissa (Nafessa Williams) continues to find herself in the new normal.|
- Cress Williams as Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning
- China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce
- Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce
- Christine Adams as Dr. Lynn Stewart
- Marvin "Krondon" Jones III as Tobias Whale
- Damon Gupton as Inspector Bill Henderson
- James Remar as Peter Gambi
- Jill Scott as Evelyn Stillwater-Ferguson/Lady Eve
- Edwina Findley as Tori
- Will Catlett as Latavious "Lala" Johnson
- Charlbi Dean as Syonide
- Tracey Bonner as Lawanda White
- Derick Anthony as Darius
- Amanda Davis as Joan Lincoln
- Jigga as Mr. Nasir
- Eric Mendenhall as Joey Toledo
- Carlos Rivera as Rafa
- Lucia Scarano as Older Latina Woman
Lynn Stewart examines Anissa Pierce to better understand her metahuman powers. Peter Gambi admits to Jefferson Pierce that he concealed Tobias Whale's presence in Freeland from him because he doesn't want Jefferson to be a killer.
Inspector Bill Henderson blames The 100 for the break-in at the hospital. Gambi visits Lady Eve, and at her direction he kills Joey Toledo in order to make Tobias fall in line. Lynn asks Gambi to make a suit for Anissa to keep her safe.
Black Lightning confronts Tobias at a club. During the fight, Tobias is wounded and Tori is killed by a stray bullet. Lady Eve is also killed by Tobias' henchmen using electrical guns designed to pin the blame for her death on Black Lightning. It works, since Henderson now believes that Black Lightning is responsible for her death.
- The episode was previously titled "The New Norm".
- The episode ended with an in memoriam of Amanda Davis, who portrayed Joan Lincoln.
- Tobias is seen with a copy of Moby Dick, the book about a legendary white whale.
- The book that Jefferson is reading is A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James.
- The Shadow Board, is similar to the The Commission in the New York Mafia, or a Board of Directors in a Corporation. A Board provides oversight on behalf of the shareholders, to determine if a Chief Executive Officer is helping the company become profitable through his guiding hand. The Commission on the other hand was composed of members from New York's five most powerful families. Its purpose was to minimize conflict so that neither their potential revenue stream would not be harmed or would it invite unnecessary attention from law enforcement.
- Henderson says that Johnny Toledo "took one in the chest", but Gambi clearly shot him twice.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|