Fairy Godmothers are witches who have taken the duty to grant the wishes of children.
Becoming a Fairy Godmother
To become a fairy godmother a witch wh s currently a god mother must willing relinquish her title to another witch. In doing so the witch is granted the power and responsibility of a fairy godmother.
Aquiring a host
Fairy godmother a powerless until they are bound to a host. Their a four way to gain a host.
- Summoning: A fairy godmother is forcibly teleported to the location of desperate children.
- Selection: If a fairy godmother is free they can choose their next host.
- Bargaining: If a fairy godmother is free they can bargain with a human to gain their survice.
- Taking up the mantle: If a fairy godmother transfers her powers the current host automatically becomes the host of the new fairy godmother.
Once a fairy godmother has a host they are boudoir to that child until they are released. At wich time they can ony preform magic in service to their hosts wishes. The most common way they are released is by making a child happy again.
The reception to fairy godmothers vary upon person to person.
- Tabitha hated her position as a fairy godmother because of the idiotic wishes of her charges.
- The Legends initally belittled and scoffed at the idea of fairygodmothers until Tabitha showed them how powerful she was.
- John Constatine hates fairy godmothers viewing them as parasites.
- Nora Dahrk initally hated her postion because she viewed it as granting petty wishes to children; until she meet Freedy then she realized that she was helping children in need. She eventually came to love her job because she can help children unlike her and her upbringing.
- Many of the hosts love it when they are granted the a fairy godmother.
- Freddy Meyers thanked Nora for her help.
- Damien Dahrk viewed being a fairy godmother unbecoming of his daughter.
- Prudence Hawthorne (Gave up her powers once her mother was saved by the Legends)
- Gary Green (had his fairy godmother transfer to Nora)
- Gary Green (Released Nora once he became Constantine's apperntice)
- Unnamed child
- Freddy Meyers (Gave it up once he impressed his date Tiffany)
- Pippa (Released once she realized her family was more normal than the Legends)
Powers and Abilities
When taking on the role of a fairy godmother a witch is granted powers beyond what they are normally capable.
- Magic via Fairy Godmother's wand: With the Fairy Godmother's wand, Tabitha was able to perform impressive magical powers, along with its curse.
- Wish bestowal: Tabitha had the ability to grant the wishes of her charge.
- Teleportation: She could appear or disappear in a swirl of light orbs.
- Conjuration: She was able to create simple objects, such as a crystal ball, from thin air.
- Scrying: She could spy on another person using a reflective surface, like a crystal ball.
- Transformation: Tabitha could transform humans into animals, like pigs.
- Biokinesis: With a wand gesture, she was able to prevent John Constantine from speaking.
- Telekinesis: With a hand gesture, she threw John Constantine away.
- Apparition: She was able to teleport people from one location to another, as in the case of Jane Hawthorne, Zari and Reverend Parsons.
- Pyrokinesis: She could summon fire from the pit of Hell to burn the people from Salem.
- Reality warping: Tabitha was able to use some of her powers on the whim, like turning reality into a musical, similar to Music Meister.
- Persuasion: Tabitha was cursed being a Fairy Godmother, thus wasn't able to perform magic on her own, relying on her charge's wishes to cast magic. To do what she wants, she needed to persuade her charge to ask for that wish.
Nora's Fairy Godmother powers
- Magic via Fairy Godmother's wand: After getting the wand from Tabitha, she gained impressive additional magical powers, along with its curse.
- Wish bestowal: Nora is able to grant wishes of her charge.
- Tracking: Nora is able to track a person, navigated by the wand.
- Teleportation/Portal creation: Whilst without her will, Nora was able to open a portal to Hell and teleported back from Hell to Earth.
- Telekinesis: Nora is able to control her surroundings remotely, as shown when she unlocked John's cuffs without touching them.
- Invisibility: Nora can become invisible, as shown when she did so in order to infiltrate Neron's vault in the Soul Exchange.
- Wish Sensing: According to Nora, Fairy Godmothers have what she refers to as a "special radar that tunes into kid's wishes", which enables her to hear such wishes made within her vicinity.
- Host dependence: Tabitha cannot use her powers on her own without the charge's consent. If the charge breaks their bond she is completely powerless. If renounced by the host, she will be unable to use magic. Since giving the Fairy Godmother's wand to Nora and being released from the curse, this is no longer a weakness for her.
- Host dependence: Nora cannot use her Fairy Godmother powers on her own without the charge's consent. In addition, since she became a Fairy Godmother, she is seemingly unable to access her other magical powers.
- Obligation: Since taking the Fairy Godmother's wand from Tabitha and getting it's curse, Nora has to grant her charge's wishes, without her own will.
- Magical limitations: Every magic has it's own limits; while being able to grant most of the wishes, even Nora (with the Fairy Godmother's wand) couldn't retrieve Ray Palmer while Neron was using his body. She was also unable to prevent John Constantine from dying when one of her charges wished from him to stay alive, due to the fact that Astra accelerated his date of death from Hell.
- Fairy Godmother's wand: It grants impressive magical powers, being able to grant most wishes of its charge but not the hosts, unless the charge wishes to.
- Fairy Godmothers dress: A blue dess that is worn when a fairy godmother is granted her title.
- Tiara: It as a tiara that seems to have no power.
Host's powers ang abilities
- Wishing: A host can wish for almost anything and a fairy godmother can grant them it even when their fairy godmother is not there.
- Summoning: A host can summon their fairy godmother anytime they wish.
- Being scilenced: A host must vocalize a wish for thier fairygodmother to act.
- Manipulation: a fairy godmother can manipulate their host into doing things they normally wouldn't do.
- According to. Nora Darhk one of the first wishes a child makes is for a pony.