- For other uses, see Fallout.
- "I believe in second chances. You'll get yours."
- —Martin Stein telling Barry Allen that he believes Barry can save his mother
"Fallout" is the fourteenth episode of the first season of , and the fourteenth episode overall. It aired on February 17, 2015.
It acts as the second half of a two-part episode.
After the nuclear explosion separates Ronnie Raymond and Dr. Stein, Barry and the team believe both men are safe. Caitlin is thrilled to have her fiancé back and prepares to resume their life together while Dr. Stein returns to his wife. However, when General Eiling targets Firestorm, Ronnie and Dr. Stein must decide if they are safer together or apart. Meanwhile, Mason Bridge tells Iris West that there is something secretive going on at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Stein gives Barry some important information about time travel.
Preparation began November 19 and ran until December 1, 2014. Shooting began December 2, 2014 and ran until December 12, 2014.
- This episode marks the first time that a main cast member was not present for the episode. The cast member not present was Rick Cosnett (Eddie Thawne). This leaves only six cast members to appear in every episode: Grant Gustin (Barry Allen), Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow), Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon), Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells), Jesse L. Martin (Joe West), and Candice Patton (Iris West).
- At Jitters, Caitlin tells Ronnie about the time a boomerang flew in S.T.A.R. Labs and Cisco took the blame for the damage it did, referring to the events of .
- The two consequences of time travel mentioned in this episode in layman's terms means you either a) set history in place with time travel (Predestination Paradox) or b) actually alter history:
- The Terminator reference shows that by sending Kyle Reese and The Terminator back in time to protect and kill Sarah Conner respectively, evidently set history in its correct course of events for John Conner and Skynet to be born; therefore, not altering history, which is a predestination paradox.
- The Back to the Future reference means time traveling actually alters history.
- At Joe's house, they claim that Ronnie is from Coast City, which is the home of Hal Jordan, also known as Green Lantern.
- Mason told Iris her physics' paper may as well be written in Dothraki. Dothraki is a fictional language in George R. R. Martin's book series A Song of Ice and Fire, and its TV adaptation, Game of Thrones. It is the language spoken the Dothraki tribe and one of the major characters, Daenerys Targaryen.
- Barry breaks the fourth wall in this episode when he says, "Impossible's just another Tuesday for us," and new episodes of Flash air on Tuesday nights.
- When Iris says Ronnie looks familiar, his reply "I have one of those faces," is a reference to what Oliver Queen said to Felicity Smoak in the Season 1 episode "".
- ↑ Flash Episode 14 “Fallout” Description – With More Firestorm! - FlashTVNews
- ↑ Andrew Kresiberg (@AJKreisberg) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|