- For other uses of Ghost, see Ghost (disambiguation).
Ghosts, also called spirits, are souls of deceased humans that did not move on to Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory usually because some personal, unfinished business and are stuck. Under some circumstances, even souls that moved on can return as ghosts, either temporarily or permanently.
- 1 History
- 2 Types
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Known ghosts
- 5 Appearances
- 6 References
In 2014, with the Rising Darkness approaching, several ghosts like Lannis Cadogan, Misaki Ross, Philip Carlberg and Marcello Panetti started to rise from the grave, but were defeated by John Constantine and his team.
Years later, the Legends went to solve an anachronism in 1954, which was the ghost of Elvis Presley's brother, accidentally invoked by his brother's Death Totem. The totem still resurrected several ghosts from the cemetery of that city, but they were banned by Elvis using the totem.
- Coblynau: Coblynau are spirits of dead miners that inhabit mines, knocking on the walls to warn the miners of danger. Traditionally they were good-natured, though could be controlled to do evil.
- Banshees: Banshees are female spirits of vengeance from Scottish lore. Their status as spirits of deceased people is debatable.
- Dybbuks: Dybbuks are a type of malevolent spirits from Jewish mythology.
- Spectres: Spectres are a rare type of spirits that are in tone with the energies of the multiverse, and the Speed Force, allowing them to travel dimensions at will and appear alive. Spectres also possess powers to manipulate energy, matter, and antimatter to defend the multiverse or recreate it should it be destroyed. Due to the sheer amount of power they possess, Spectres can be considered one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse. So far only two Spectres have been known; Jim Corrigan and Oliver Queen. However, the latter's status as a ghost is unclear, as he was still able to die, implying that Spectres can manifest a physical living form even if their original body has been destroyed as that was the case for Oliver since the antimatter wave destroyed his original body, alongside the original multiverse.
Powers and abilities
- Astral projection: Ghosts are not in their natural form, they are a projection of their soul.
- Invisibility: They cannot be visibly perceived by other human beings.
- Superhuman strength: Ghosts are significantly stronger than humans, easily overpowering them.
- Intangibility: Ghosts are able to move through matter such as dirt and rocks without interference.
- Superhuman speed: Ghosts can move at superhuman speed.
- Invulnerability: Ghosts are essentially invulnerable to all Earthly weapons - due to being astral pojections, all such weapons simply pass through them without harm, although occasionally they temporarily dispel their manifestation.
- Teleportation: They can transport from place to place, seemingly in no time at all.
- Life-force absorption: Ghosts can siphon the life-force from people and kill them through physical contact.
- Possession: Ghosts can possess human bodies and objects.
- Flight: Ghosts are able to hover above the ground.
- Size alteration: When Axl became a ghost, it was able to increase in size.
- Enhanced agility: Dybbuks are able to make the dolls they possess jump at heights normally impossible for such objects.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow