- "We're gonna train you, man. Karate Kid style. Behold! I call him Girder."
- —Cisco Ramon to Barry Allen on his creation[src]
Basic body on the robot is made of steel, mainly utilizing rivets but also some welding to hold the construction. Moving parts include two "arms" and a torso mechanism.
In 2014, after Barry Allen was beaten by Tony Woodward, who used his meta-human powers, Cisco Ramon had built a robot overnight to train Barry. After a single training session it was obvious that robot, while a crude approximation of Woodward's powers was able to beat Allen just as effectively, demonstrating the flaw in the strategy.
- Combat skills: Controlled by Cisco Ramon, Girder was able to beat Barry Allen, who was using his meta-human powers.
- In DC comics Girder is a nickname of Tony Woodward. While it was also used as such in the show, robot was the first entity nicknamed with this name by Cisco Ramon.
- Girder's design has visual similarities to Woodward's appearance in the comics.