- "If I want to stop Cicada, I can't be so precious about getting the Flash's hands dirty. Sometimes the ends justify the means, I get that now."
- —Barry Allen to Ralph Dibny
Barry and Ralph must go undercover as criminals in an illegal black market to purchase a device that could help them stop Cicada. Once inside, Barry and Ralph find their morality tested as they slip deeper into the criminal world, eventually having to choose between committing a crime, or losing the means to defeat one of their greatest foes. Meanwhile, Iris investigates a lead on Cicada's whereabouts and ends up in a dangerous situation.
- This is the first episode of Season 5 where Nora appears but doesn't interact with either of her parents.
- This episode introduce Sherloque's ex-wives. It is revealed that they are all doppelgangers of the same woman.
- Sherloque ensures they don't know which earth he's on so he doesn't have to pay alimony to them all at once (as besides leaving him practically broke if he did so, its especially cruel to as he only gets paid case to case.)
- The police-killers used by Barry, Ralph, and the criminals resemble the blasters used by Ray Palmer and Nate Heywood in the episode "", though this is likely just coincidental.
- The main differences between the two blasters are that the police-killers have a "stun" setting, shoot red or blue beams instead of green, and dissolve or immobilize the target instead of punching through it.
- In addition, during the gunfight, Barry and Ralph move their guns in a circle while standing back-to-back, a tactic used by Leonard Snart and Mick Rory in the episode "".
- Ralph makes a reference to The Matrix franchise during the gunfight which featured slow-motion parts while set to Rob Zombie's "Dragula". Coincidentally, a remix of the song previously appeared in the first Matrix film.
- Just before their battle with Goldface, Ralph tells Barry, "I knew all that Red Dead would pay off." This is a reference to the video game franchise of the same name.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|