- For other uses of the name Deathstroke, see Deathstroke (disambiguation).
In multiple future timelines, Grant took up the mantle of Deathstroke and became a criminal who had conquered Star City and left much of it in ruin. However, his uprising was stopped early in 2019 thanks to the time-traveling Future Team Arrow.
In 2046 of another alternate future Grant was ultimately defeated and captured by Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke, who effectively removed him as the ruler of Star City since his uprising began in 2031.
Grant is the son of Slade and Adeline Wilson, and thus the brother of Joe Wilson. Grant's existence was kept secret from Slade, as Adeline didn't want for the boy to be a part of the murderous secret agent world. However, Joe, feeling like he should follow in his father's footsteps as a killer, decided that he needs to act differently, leaving Grant and his mother behind.
However, Grant would ultimately take after Joe and Slade regardless. In 2019, Grant adopted the alias of his father, as well as a similar outfit and became Deathstroke, gathering an army with which he invaded Star City, replicating The Siege on a wider scale.
In the original timeline, Star City was decimated and never recovered, leading to a future where John Diggle, Jr. ran the city as Grant's successor.
However, the timeline changed when through unknown means, presumably The Monitor's machinations, the Future Team Arrow was transported back to 2019 just in time to put a stop to Grant's schemes early. He was incarcerated at Blackgate Penitentiary.
In a now-erased previous timeline, in or around 2031, Grant adopted the alias of his father, as well as a similar outfit and became Deathstroke, gathering an army with which he invaded Star City during an event known as the Uprising. During the subsequent war, he and his forces killed the majority of Team Arrow, including John Diggle, Quentin Lance, and presumably Laurel Lance, prompting Felicity Smoak to leave the city. He then gained control over all of Star City. He also outed Oliver Queen as the Green Arrow, forcing him to go into hiding, but not before Grant cut off Oliver's left arm in a climactic battle in the middle of the city. Many of its residents were forced to flee or evacuate, and those that stayed formed roving street gangs that all followed Grant's command. Though he reigned supreme, Grant continued hunting the streets for the elusive Green Arrow, who continued to evade capture and opposed Grant's forces through guerrilla warfare tactics.
15 years later, Grant cornered Connor, Sara Lance and Rip Hunter in an alley after the group incapacitated some of his men, whereupon he took off his mask, revealing his identity to be that of Slade Wilson's son, after Sara referred to him by his father's name. After realizing who Sara was, Grant told her he was going to enjoy killing her; all of them will; and called for more of his troops to surround them, but Rip Hunter and Sara were saved by Green Arrow and the trio managed to escape.
Grant then sent out a city-wide command to the street gangs under his control, ordering them to scour Star City for his adversaries. When ordering one street gang their leader, Mick Rory, refused to listen but Grant simply reminded Mick that he may control the gang but he (Grant) controls the city, and ordered everyone present to the streets. Sarcastically mocking Mick on his way out. His forces later captured Connor while he was aiding Rip's team in an abandoned Smoak Technologies warehouse, and Grant prepared a public execution for his nemesis. At the last moment, Connor was saved by the combined forces of Rip's team and Oliver Queen, whom Grant had believed to be dead. While his forces were scattered, killed or defeated during the battle, Grant was struck by two arrows from Oliver and Connor, before being punched in the head by Oliver's robotic arm, knocking him out.
Grant's existence was hidden from his father by Adeline Wilson, who did not want him to go on the same path of killing as his father. Presumably, he had no knowledge of Slade Wilson's career as an agent for Australian Secret Intelligence Service.
Grant is extremely intelligent and calculating, enough to take over Star City and kill most of the members of Team Arrow, despite this - or perhaps because of this - Grant is also arrogant, overconfident and boastful, he displays immense pride in his accomplishments, a trait that sometimes causes him to underestimate his opponents. He is also proven to be somewhat unstable, another clear departure from his father's pre-Mirakuru psyche; this aspect of Grant is perhaps best exemplified when he commands Mick Rory's men to scour the city in an attempt to find Sara Lance and Rip Hunter.
Grant has great respect for his father and believed that he is continuing his legacy as "Deathstroke". Hearing his father's name for the first time in many years brought a smile to his face.
- Peak of human physical condition: Much like his father, Slade (pre-mirakuru), Grant is in top physical condition and has expert reflexes. He has shown that he can go toe to toe with an elderly Oliver Queen in combat, and was even able to cut an arrow fired at him by Oliver in mid-air.
- Master combatant/Martial artist: Grant is extremely skilled in martial arts and close quarters combat, as he managed to defeat an elderly Oliver in single combat when he took over Starling City and overpower the expert fighter Connor Hawke. He was even able to hold his own against both Oliver and Connor. Grant is shown to have a fighting style similar to his father's. He uses eskrima, karate and muay thai as his primary fighting style, but it can be assumed that he knows other martial arts as well.
- Master swordsman: Grant has shown himself to be a highly proficient swordsman, having once defeated and cut off Oliver's hand with his sword and managing to hold his own with Oliver and Connor.
- High-level intellect/Master tactician/Leader: Grant was able to conquer Star City in a potential future timeline and single-handedly ruled the city with an army of masked followers. He also controlled the various street gangs that roved the city.
- Sword: Grant wields a sword similar in appearance to a katana. It serves as his primary weapon of choice and appears to be similar to his father's.
- Sidearm: Grant carries a handgun holstered on his right leg.
- Combat knife: Grant carries a knife on his boot.
- Deathstroke suit: Grant wears a protective suit as his villain alter-ego, Deathstroke, which seems to be a newer version of his father's suit.
- Deathstroke mask: Grant wears a mask to hide his identity as Deathstroke. It has some resemblance to his father's mask.
- Deathstroke suit: Grant wears a protective suit as his villain alter-ego, Deathstroke. Unlike his suit in 2019, this suit is almost completely identical to the one worn by the first Deathstroke, Grant's father, Slade Wilson. It is a personal suit of body armor custom tailored to his needs. It is predominantly black, however adds black protective plates, composite fiberglass, these overlap his feet, shin, forearm, chest and shoulders. The costume also has silver details in all joints. Orange straps and pouches also decorate the suit. There are various equipment pockets and pouches. The costume also has a support for grenades and ammunition, along with a sheath for the sword on his back.
- Deathstroke mask: Unlike his mask in the present, Grant's mask is visually almost the same as his father's mask, with the only key differences being the inclusion of two eye holes and the mask being half-black and half-silver, rather than half-black and half-orange.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- In "", Slade mentioned that Billy Wintergreen was the godfather of his son, Joe. Slade never mentioned anything about a son named Grant, indicating that Joe was an only child at that point. Grant was first seen in a potential future visited by the Legends and it was later confirmed in "" that he is already born in the present-day.
- Grant appears to idolize his father in keeping with his first appearance in DC Comics continuity. Notably, the comic book version of Grant idolized Deathstroke without knowing that the mercenary was his father.
- Grant dismembered Oliver Queen's arm sometime before 2046 in this timeline. This is a nod to Superman dismembering Oliver's arm in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Earth-31 storyline from DC Comics.
- Oddly, the Grant Wilson of 2019 is played by the same actor as the one in 2046 that appeared in "", making it seem as though he's around the same age as he is 27 years into the future.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics continuity, Grant Wilson is the oldest child of Slade Wilson and Adeline Kane. In the Arrowverse, he is Slade and Adeline's youngest son, kept by his mother as a secret so he wouldn't become like his father and older brother, making more like Joe's counterpart in the DC comics.
- Slade Wilson has three children in the comic book continuity: Grant, Joseph, and Rose. Rose is the only Wilson child who has yet to be referenced in the Arrowverse. However, Isabel Rochev appears to have filled her place as she has donned the villainous alter-ego of Ravager, Rose's identity in the comics.
- Also in the DC comics continuity, Grant adopts the name Ravager during his first appearance and attempts to kill the Teen Titans after being contracted by H.I.V.E.. His other identity is "Legacy", wearing a silver Deathstroke-like suit similar to the one shown in .