- For his predecessor and father, see Slade Wilson. For the episode of the same name, see Deathstroke.
Grant Wilson is the son of Slade Wilson and the brother of Joe Wilson. He took up the mantle of Deathstroke in a potential future visited by Rip Hunter's team, destroying the city and taking over it in the process.
In around 2031, Grant adopted a similar costume and the alias of his father and became Deathstroke, gathering an army with which he invaded Star City during an event known as the Uprising. During the subsequent war, he and his forces killed the majority of Team Arrow, including John Diggle and Felicity Smoak, and gained control over the entire city. He also outed Oliver Queen as the Green Arrow, forcing him to go into hiding, but not before Grant cut off Oliver's left arm in a climactic battle in the middle of the city. Many of its residents were forced to flee or evacuate, and those that stayed formed roving street gangs that all followed Grant's command. Though he reigned supreme, Grant continued hunting the streets for the elusive Green Arrow, who continued to evade capture and fought against Grant's forces through guerrilla warfare tactics.
Fifteen years later, Rip Hunter's team arrived in this potential future after their ship, The Waverider, was knocked off-course. Grant cornered Sara Lance and Rip Hunter in an alley after the pair incapacitated some of his men, whereupon he took off his mask, revealing his identity to be that of Slade Wilson's son, after Sara referred to him by his father's name. Grant called for more of his troops to surround them, but Rip and Sara were saved by Connor Hawke and the trio managed to escape. His forces later captured Connor while he was aiding Rip's team in an abandoned Smoak Technologies warehouse, and Grant prepared a public execution for his nemesis. At the last moment, Connor was saved by the combined forces of Rip's team and Oliver Queen, whom Grant had believed to be dead. While his forces were scattered, killed or defeated during the battle, Grant was struck by two arrows from Queen and Hawke, before being punched in the head by Queen's robotic arm. The trauma from his injuries knocked him out.
- Peak of human physical condition: Much like his father(pre-mirakuru), Grant Wilson is in peak human physical condition. He has shown that he can go toe to toe with the Oliver Queen, albeit this Oliver Queen was much older in a possible future. He was able to cut an arrow fired at him by Oliver Queen in mid-air.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Grant was able to fight Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke and hold his own, possibly being better than Connor Hawke. Grant is shown to have a fighting style similar to his father's. He uses Escrima and Muay Thai as his primary fighting style, but it can be assumed that he knows the other marital arts as his father.
- High-level intellect/Master tactician/Leader: Grant Wilson was able to enter Star City in the 2046 possible future timeline, and run the largest street gang there, controlling the smaller ones.
- Master swordsman: Grant has shown himself to be a master swordsman, being able to hold his own with Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke.
- Sword: Grant wields a sword, similar in appearance to a katana. It appears to be similar or the same sword that his father used as Deathstroke.
- Sidearm: Grant carries a handgun holstered on his right leg.
- Combat Knife: Grant carries a knife on his boot.
- Deathstroke Suit: Grant wears a protective suit as his villain alter-ego, Deathstroke. The suit is almost completely identical to the one worn by the first Deathstroke, Grant's father, Slade Wilson. It is a personal suit of body armor custom tailored to his needs. It is predominantly black, however adds black protective plates, composite fiberglass, these overlap his feet, shin, forearm, chest and shoulders. The costume also has silver details in all joints. Orange straps and pouches also decorate the suit. There are various equipment pockets and pouches. The costume also has a support for grenades and ammunition, along with a sheath for the sword on his back.
- Deathstroke Helmet: Grant's mask is the same as his father's Deathstroke helmet, with the only differences of two eye holes and the mask being half black and half silver rather than half black and half orange.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- In "The Odyssey", Slade mentions that Billy Wintergreen was the godfather of his son, Joe. Slade never mentioned anything about a son named Grant.
- In the DC comics, Grant's father, Slade Wilson, has three children: Grant, Joseph, and Rose.
- In the DC comics, Grant Wilson idolized Deathstroke, without even knowing that it was his own father. Grant appears to idolize his father in the CW-Verse as well.
- Grant dismembered Oliver Queen's arm sometime before 2046 in a possible future.
Behind the Scenes
- In the DC Comics continuity, Grant Wilson is the oldest child of Slade Wilson and Adeline Kane. It is unknown if Grant is the oldest Wilson child in the Arrowverse or if Adeline Kane is his mother.
- Also in the DC Comics continuity, Grant Wilson adopts the name Ravager during his first appearance and attempts to kill the Teen Titans after being contracted by H.I.V.E.