- For the upcoming television series, see .
- "To the Green Arrow."
- "To the Canaries."
"To the future, whatever it holds."
- —Laurel, Mia, and Dinah toasting their futures
|It's the year 2040 in Star City and Mia Queen has everything she could have ever wanted. However, when Laurel and Dinah suddenly show up in her life again, things take a shocking turn and her perfect world is upended. Laurel and Dinah are tracking a kidnapping victim with direct ties to Mia and they need her help. Knowing it will change everything, Mia can't help but be a hero and she, Laurel and Dinah suit up once again to save the city.|
A bike races through the boulevards of Star City while somewhere else, there's a gathering going on at a club. The individual on the bicycle is Laurel and she moves toward a young lady named Bianca Bertinelli, revealing to her that her life is in harm's way and she needs to accompany her. Bianca won't and she's, before long, seized by huge goons. It's Star City 2040.
Mia awakens at the Queen Mansion in bed close to JJ. She's set to move on from school that day and JJ proposes to her as his blessing. She says yes. Somewhere else Laurel finds Dinah at a café/club where she's the proprietor and. They go to Dinah's place to chat with Dinah uncovering woke up later on the day after Oliver's memorial service some place later on with no hint of ever having existed by any stretch of the imagination. Dinah considered it to be a chance to begin once again and Laurel educates her that Bianca - who is Helena Bertinelli's little girl - has been seized. She additionally shows Dinah what happens to Star City in a year therefore and the pair choose to go get Mia.
William appears at salute his sister as does Zoe who is fit as a fiddle. Conner appears at converse with JJ however Mia has issues with him. Laurel and Dinah appear and quickly flame broil Bianca's ex; then they talk with Mia who doesn't have any acquaintance with them. Laurel at that point utilizes a gadget to reestablish the entirety of Mia's memories of the past timeline. Mia drops.
At the point when she awakens, she battles to accommodate her present existence with the truth she knew previously and she at that point goes to talk with Dinah and Laurel. Dinah and Laurel update her about Bianca and request her assistance, yet Mia attempts to guarantee she can't do it. Laurel refutes her. Mia consents to support this one time. Mia goes to visit the Bertinelli's, communicating her interests as an interruption so Dinah and Laurel can bug the spot.
Dinah feels that she should be a saint since this new world is a superior spot without her in it. Laurel attempts to give her a motivational speech. Mia appears and keeping in mind that Bianca's companions knew nothing about the circumstance; however, the bugs at the Bertinelli's get something dubious. Laurel gives Mia her Green Arrow suit, yet Mia doesn't have any desire to wear it. They head out at any rate, halting the Bertinelli vehicle while Mia goes to save Bianca. Mia winds up battling one of the goons yet what they're moving isn't Bianca. It's a substance or a medication - and Deathstroke is likewise there, overcoming the ladies.
Laurel believes that JJ may be the Deathstroke. Dinah concurs it is conceivable. Mia opposes that thought and Laurel advises her to demonstrate JJ isn't Deathstroke. They head to a workmanship opening at JJ's exhibition. Laurel attempts to get into the workplace zone, however Mia goes rather where she utilizes a gadget to get the information on JJ's PC. JJ discovers her and Mia defies him over Bianca. She lets him know whether he has nothing to stow away, show her the records and he does. Turns out he was arranging an unexpected special first night - and Bianca is evidently posting via web-based networking media.
As the trio questions, Mia and Laurel contend with Mia concluding that she's finished with them. She returns home, however things disapprove of JJ. He gets down on her about her peculiar conduct and says a final farewell to her. At Dinah's, they break the encryption on the video of Bianca and she is, truth be told, undependable in the midst of a get-away. Tree goes to visit Mia at home. They wind up showing at least a bit of kindness to heart and Mia uncovers her battle in satisfying the perfect of her dad. Dinah discloses to her she needed Mia to have the decision to be a saint. Mia decides to join Dinah and Laurel.
They make sense of where Bianca is being held and Mia gets ready as the Green Arrow. They break in and find that her ex Trevor has her and he is Deathstroke. He brings in his men and a battle follows. There are an excessive number of the men so the saints move to escape with Bianca. They go head to head with Deathstroke once more, who says that they can't stop what's coming since "she" won't let them. Deathstroke Trevor explodes the structure, yet the women escape.
Ultimately, Dinah chooses to begin ensuring the city again and Mia uncovers that she perceives Trevor's tattoo so she's going to serve the city as the Green Arrow. Afterward, Mia goes to converse with JJ and they reunite. Laurel chooses to stay in 2040 and she and Dinah talk, uncovering that there's something else entirely to be stressed over. Things being what they are, when Star City falls later on, Mia is at its focal point. They trust they've changed that future.
Mia and William visit the sculpture regarding their dad and talk. He additionally has the stone that Felicity gave him in the past course of events. Mia takes a gander at it and perceives the imprints on it as being on Trevor's tattoo. The pair are then trapped and William taken. Somewhere else, somebody assaults JJ and reestablishes his recollections.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (archive footage)
- David Ramsey (credit only)
- Rick Gonzalez (credit only)
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- Katherine McNamara as Mia Queen/Green Arrow
- Ben Lewis as William Clayton
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke
Special appearance by
- Charlie Barnett as John Diggle, Jr./Deathstroke
- Andrea Sixtos as Zoe Ramirez
- Raigan Harris as Bianca Bertinelli
- Chad Duell as Trevor/Deathstroke
- Kim Alexander as Friend
- Marcus Aurelio as Bouncer
- Navid Charkhi as Bartender
- James Drew Dean as Logan Bertinelli
- Kevin Hansen as Paparazzi #1
- Brad Kelly as Thug
- Javier Lacroix as Archibald
- Drummond MacDougall as Victor Bertinelli
- William Matzhold as Security Guard
- Caitlin McCarthy as Paparazzi #3
- Camille Mitchell as Maria Bertinelli
- Anoop Randhawa as Paparazzi #2
- Carolyn Tonglin as Amara Scott
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak (archive footage)
- Katrina Law as Nyssa al Ghul (archive footage)
- This is the first and only episode of the series to not feature Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen). However, he still appears via archive footage.
- The real reason the backdoor pilot for the proposed series was created is because Marc Guggenheim was asked by The CW to make an additional episode to bridge the gap between the crossover episode and series finale "", and also bring the episode order for season 8 from nine to ten.
- The original title "Livin' In the Future" would've been the second Season 8 episode, and eighth penultimate episode to be named after a Bruce Springsteen song before it was changed at the request of Warner Bros.
- However, this title is mentioned by Laurel in the episode.
- This is the last episode of the series to feature series regulars Ben Lewis (William Clayton) and Joseph David-Jones (Connor Hawke).
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|