Green Martians are an alien species from the planet Mars.
The Green Martians live peacefully on the planet Mars. They have battled in a war before. However, one day, they were outmatched by the White Martians, as they were apparently all wiped out, leaving J'onn J'onzz as the last of his kind; however, it was later revealed by M'gann M'orzz, that the Green Martians were not all wiped out, they were turned into White Martians. It is revealed later on that M'yrnn J'onzz was kept alive by the White Martians due to his position as high religious leader of the Green Martians.
Green Martians are very peaceful, gentle, kind, caring and selfless, however, they can be cold, cruel, aggressive, violent and ruthless if they are threatened, if the situation calls for it; despite this, green martians are polite, respectful, calm, level-headed and patient, they also have a sense of justice, honor and good morals.
Green Martians are roughly humanoid, but with a differently shaped head, green skin and red eyes.
Powers and abilities
Most Green Martians have abilities that are not possessed by normal humans. These include;
- Extended longevity: The life spans of all Green Martians are considerably longer than normal humans and they age much slower, allowing them to live for centuries. Like J'onn was alive in 30th centuries.
- Super strength: All Green Martians are stronger than humans, as well as some aliens, though not as strong as a fully-powered Kryptonian. They can augment their strength by focusing their telekinesis in their body and use it in a tactile way. Like J'onn could even easier match Reign in strength or Malefic could perforate Supergirl's cape combining with shapeshifting.
- Super speed: Green Martians are capable of moving at speeds that are similar to that of Kryptonians. They can move at speeds that make them invisible to humans.
- Invulnerability: Green Martians' bodies are denser than a human's. Stronger green martians like J'onn can take casual kryptonian heatvision even Supergirl's or Reign's, no sell high lvl kryptonian freeze breath, even survive event horizon of black hole.
- Super stamina: Green Martians are capable of exerting themselves for long periods of time without getting tired, and apparently do not require oxygen, giving Mars' lack of atmosphere, allowing them to traverse through space with no problem at all.
- Shapeshifting: Green Martians are able transform into any living organism, android or creature. A higher level of training is required to shape-shift into forms that are very different from a Green Martian's natural form.
- Malleability: Green Martians can stretch and bend their bodies and limbs. (E.g. into large whips to grab things at great distance). Can shift into small human girls, white martian, dinosaur.
- Accelerated healing factor: Due to their shape-shifting powers, Green Martians heal and recover faster than humans would, to the point of regenerating from damage in minutes.
- Bio-clothing: Another aspect of their shape shifting is their clothes, that are generated as part of their physical bodies.
- Camouflage: Green Martians can blend in within the environment by changing the appearance of their form and bending light waves around them to match with their surroundings making themselves almost - but not completely invisible. their chances of staying undetected are diminished if they are moving. Can be used in combats to trick enemies like J'onn against Harun-El Ben Lockwood
- Density-shifting: Green Martians are able to phase through solid objects or to increase their density to become near-invulnerable. This is an advanced technique not innately possessed by all Green Martians and it requires a considerable amount of training to master. Can phase through kryptonian heatvision, high tech lasers, black hole's gravitational pull, powerful aliens like colians or kryptonians, magical soundwave like Purity's.
- Telepathy: On Mars, all Green Martians can use telepathy to communicate and are able to sense others of their kind when a Martian's psychic abilities are used. Can fight in mental combats, communicate between Earth and Mars, track victims via emotional bound, mental paralyse others, tranfer their emotions to other, mentally shield other nontelepathic aliens, create telepathic links across city. Or likely shout other's in own minds. But not enough to match such powerful metahumans as Psi
- Telekinesis: Green Martians can manipulate, move and control objects with their minds and without physical contact. They can use focused telekinesis to increase the kinetic force released from their physical strikes. Can be used to oneshot daxamian soldiers, army of armored cars, even overload core capable to launch destructive beam to destroy Argo City which even survived destruction of Krypton
- Flight: By telekinetically moving themselves, Green Martians can simulate flight.
- Immunity: Green Martians are immune to human diseases and illnesses.
- Multilingual: Green Martians are capable of learning to speak other languages very quickly.
- Fire: If they are shape-shifting, any part of their body that comes close enough to touch fire partially transform back into its true form, which could be used to expose them.
- White Martian blood: If the White Martians' blood is injected into the Green Martians' blood system; it will turn the latter into White Martians over the course of several weeks.
- Maaldorian atmosphere: The air of Maaldoria contains a special sulfide that is toxic to the species of Martians, Green and White both.
- Za-alet: Translated as "decay of memory", this is a brain disease similar to dementia. It appears that elderly Green Martians have a small chance to develop this disease (it was implied that this is very rare).
- Psychic dampers: Those devices can prevent Green Martians from using their mental powers.
- Fa'ra'too'rik: As explained by J'onn, long ago on Mars, two brothers, Phobos and Deimos, had a hatred for one another that was the reason for the Green and White Martians' split. To keep this from ever happening again, a curse was placed upon the Green Martians, known among them as Fa'ra'too'rik. It's the punishment for brother attacking brother, and causes great pain to both parties involved, as seen when J'onn and Malefic fought each other.
Known Green Martians
Living Green Martians
Deceased Green Martians
- M'yri'ah J'onzz
- K'hym J'onzz
- T'ania J'onzz
- M'yrnn J'onzz
- Unnamed Green Martian
- Unnamed Green Martian
- Unnamed Green Martian
- Many unnamed Green Martians
Adventures of Supergirl
- The holocaust of the Green Martian is a lot like the holocaust of the Jewish during World War II.
Behind the scenes
- In some versions of the DC comics, J'onn J'onzz, is not the last of the Green Martians; as there are thousands of Green Martians left alive.