The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
"Grodd Friended Me" is the thirteenth episode of the sixth season of , and the one-hundred-twenty-seventh episode overall. It aired on February 25, 2020.
|Feeling overwhelmed with all the changes since Crisis, Barry conducts an experiment that goes awry and puts him directly in Gorilla Grodd's path. Expecting the worst, Barry is surprised when Grodd asks for his help. Unfortunately for both The Flash and Grodd, things get worse when another villain appears – Solovar. Meanwhile, Iris works with Eva to escape the Mirrorverse.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen and "Iris West-Allen"
- Danielle Panabaker as Frost and Grodd
- Carlos Valdes (credit only)
- Hartley Sawyer (credit only)
- Danielle Nicolet (credit only)
- Efrat Dor as Eva McCulloch
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Nash Wells, Harrison Sherloque Wells, and Grodd
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West and Grodd
- Andy Mientus as Hartley Rathaway/Pied Piper
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia and Maya (photo)
- Victoria Park as Kamilla Hwang
- Brandon McKnight as Chester P. Runk
- David Sobolov as Grodd (voice)
- Keith David as Solovar (voice)
- The title of the episode is a play on the Greg Berlanti show God Friended Me which stars recurring cast member Violett Beane (Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick).
- The opening scene of the episode features a camera shot at the clouds towards the ground. The scene is similar to the one in "".
- Grodd and Barry merging their consciousness together its similar to when Martin Stein merges his body with both Jefferson Jackson and Ronnie Raymond to form Firestorm with the Firestorm Matrix.
- Grodd getting speedster powers is a reference to the New 52 comics version of Grodd, complete with the red lightning bolt on his torso.
- This marks the first appearance of Hartley Rathaway since the season 2 episode "".
- This episode marks the return of Eobard Thawne since Season 5 finale "".
- It is revealed that Eva is the one who created Mirror Iris and is essentially controlling her in the real world.
- Gorilla Grodd's illusory Caitlin Snow said to Barry Allen "Use your signs". This may be a reference to the other Barry's line "My special skills include Viola, Web Design, fluent in Sign Language, Gorilla Sign Language" in the film Justice League.
- Kamilla refers to a merged Flash/Grodd as "Brundle-Grodd". This is a reference to David Cronenberg's The Fly, where the main character Seth Brundle is merged with a fly and refers to himself as "Brundle-Fly".
- Frost says that they modified Grodd's telepathic crown to keep him in his coma, and Grodd is seen wearing it while unconscious in his cell. Barry states that Grodd had stolen the crown from King Shark. However, after defeating Grodd, King Shark got the crown back.
- This could easily just be another change in the Earth-Prime timeline.
- It's also possible that Tanya Lamden may have built another telepathic crown for Grodd specially designed to keep him in his comatose state, allowing the original crown to be returned to King Shark, as the latter needed it stop the neural regression of his mind.
- From within his coma, Grodd uses his powers to bring Barry into his mind through Gideon, thanks to Chester making an adjustment to the A.I.'s setting. However, the reason Team Flash put him in his coma in the first place was to keep him from using his psychic abilities; Caitlin had stated that Grodd would be unable to access his powers if unconscious.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • TBA • TBA|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.