- "You let go of the past. Maybe I should do the same. Crisis has changed so much, and I've been so obsessed with trying to keep things the way they were before, but I can't."
- —Barry Allen to Grodd on his change in Crisis.
"Grodd Friended Me" is the thirteenth episode of the sixth season of , and the one-hundred-twenty-seventh episode overall. It aired on February 25, 2020.
|Feeling overwhelmed with all the changes since Crisis, Barry conducts an experiment that goes awry and puts him directly in Gorilla Grodd's path. Expecting the worst, Barry is surprised when Grodd asks for his help. Unfortunately for both The Flash and Grodd, things get worse when another villain appears – Solovar. Meanwhile, Iris works with Eva to escape the Mirrorverse.|
Barry strolls through Central City with a bunch of roses, yet gets a metahuman alert. Kamila and Chester both proposal to help Barry, however he chooses to work alone. Barry follows the caution to a jewel store, where Hartley Rathaway, the Pied Piper, is attempting to burglarize them. Hartley despite everything feels deceived by Team Flash, something that obviously occurred because of Crisis.
Barry gets disappointed by all that he doesn't think about Crisis, and solicits Gideon to make sense of all from the changes. Chester and Kamila come in, and Chester rapidly discovers that Barry is The Flash. Barry is reluctant to let Chester - who attempts to make an alteration to his comms - join the group, and uncovers to Kamila that he can't discover his folks' graves in Central City.
Barry attempts to test his tech - however it inadvertently makes him drop, and wake up in an enclosure in an obscure lab. The pen is politeness of Wellsbard, who (nearby Caitlin) is getting ready for the atom smasher. Barry before long understands that he's gone into the psyche of Grodd, who is as yet caught in a psychological trance like state in ARGUS' jail. Grodd uncovers that he needs Barry to comprehend what it resembles when his forces are removed, and that he's pre-owned his time in jail to begin to make amends for his violations. Grodd requests that Flash trust him, since he needs his assistance in battling "The Gatekeeper". Barry punches Grodd out rather, and attempts to escape through an entrance in the backwoods, however Solovar - the Gatekeeper - holds him up.
Chester discloses to Frost he needs to dazzle Barry, similarly as they discover him dropped in the present-day. They attach Barry to innovation that demonstrates that somebody is inside his cerebrum, and attempt to contact him. Barry starts to writhe in reality during his battle with Solovar, which makes Frost understand that Barry is associated with Grodd. Ice understands that Barry will bite the dust sooner than later, due to Grodd's clairvoyant crown. Chester understands that his mishap put Barry at serious risk, to a limited extent since he has involvement in being informed that he doesn't merit another opportunity. Ice reveals to him she's going to allow him another opportunity.
Grodd comes to Barry as a projection of Joe, and uncovers that he is aware of the progressions made post-"Emergency". He asks Barry to assist him with getting to Gorilla City, so he can at last be cheerful among his own sort. Barry understands that they have to have a go at something new - and overlook the past - to battle Solovar together. Barry and Grodd combine their brains, briefly giving Grodd speedster powers. Barry discloses to Team Flash what's going on - and Frost understands that on the off chance that they don't separate their brains when they escape, they're both going to bite the dust.
Chester recommends an approach to possibly spare Grodd and Barry, and Barry discloses to Chester that he has confidence in him. In the mindscape, Barry educates Grodd in how to utilize his forces against Solovar, and he at last succeeds. Barry awakens in reality, not, at this point associated with Grodd.
Barry converses with ARGUS, who consent to let Grodd out waiting on the post trial process to Gorilla City, as long as they can follow him. Kamila gets a get back to that Cisco is coming. Barry apologizes to Chester for how he acted previously. Chester uncovers that he had the option to discover Barry's folks' graves. The comms get a sign from Pied Piper, and Barry requests that Chester help.
Mirror Iris meets with Joe at CCPD, and requests secret data on Black Hole and Carver. Joe advises her no, which prompts her getting irritated. While Joe is out of his office, Iris sneaks in and gets the data.
Iris inquires as to whether she can possibly fabricate a machine to get them out of the mirror measurement. Eva chooses to be courageous, as a result of Iris' model. When it comes time to utilize the machine, Eva frenzies, and shows Iris that the machine won't work - it'll open up a gateway, yet the individual strolling through will get scorched. Eva discloses that she needed to demonstrate the machine didn't work, on the grounds that in any case Iris wouldn't confide in her. She persuades Iris to leave the room and uses the mirror again - uncovering Mirror Iris, who likewise has consumes on her arms. Eva says that she's purchasing them two time, and recuperates the consumes on Mirror Iris'. arms.
Nash asks Allegra to assist him with a machine that will follow "particles" from another measurement. Allegra asks Nash for what valid reason he acts like she's known her eternity, yet he stays away from the inquiry. He at that point sees a dream of the French Wells in his field of view. They attempt to turn on the machine, however it comes up short, and Nash's image of himself and the substitute adaptation of Allegra drops out. Allegra sees the image and gets furious. Nash goes to Frost for guidance on the circumstance, and she advises him to simply converse with Allegra. Nash goes to do as such, however is stood up to by another variant of Wells - apparently, Wellsbard.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen and "Iris West-Allen"
- Danielle Panabaker as Frost and Gorilla Grodd
- Carlos Valdes (credit only)
- Hartley Sawyer (credit only)
- Danielle Nicolet (credit only)
- Efrat Dor as Dr. Eva McCulloch
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Nash Wells, Harrison Sherloque Wells and Gorilla Grodd
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West and Gorilla Grodd
- Andy Mientus as Hartley Rathaway/Pied Piper
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia and Maya (photo)
- Victoria Park as Kamilla Hwang
- Brandon McKnight as Chester P. Runk
- David Sobolov as Gorilla Grodd (voice)
- Keith David as Solovar (voice)
- The title of the episode is a play on the show God Friended Me in which Greg Berlanti served as an executive producer while former recurring cast member Violett Beane (Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick) was a regular.
- The opening scene of the episode features a camera shot at the clouds towards the ground. The scene is similar to the one in "".
- Grodd and Barry merging their consciousness together is similar to when Martin Stein merges his body with both Jefferson Jackson and Ronnie Raymond to form Firestorm with the Firestorm Matrix.
- Grodd getting speedster powers is a reference to the New 52 comics version of Grodd, complete with the red lightning bolt on his torso.
- This marks the first appearance of Hartley Rathaway since the season 2 episode "".
- This episode marks the return of Eobard Thawne since Season 5 finale "".
- It is revealed that Eva is the one who created Mirror Iris and is essentially controlling her in the real world.
- Gorilla Grodd's illusory Caitlin Snow said to Barry Allen "Use your signs". This may be a reference to the other Barry's line "My special skills include Viola, Web Design, fluent in Sign Language, Gorilla Sign Language" in the film Justice League.
- Kamilla refers to a merged Flash/Grodd as "Brundle-Flash". This is a reference to David Cronenberg's The Fly, where the main character Seth Brundle is merged with a fly and refers to himself as "Brundle-Fly".
- Frost says that they modified Grodd's telepathic crown to keep him in his coma, and Grodd is seen wearing it while unconscious in his cell. Barry states that Grodd had stolen the crown from King Shark. However, after defeating Grodd, King Shark got the crown back.
- This could easily just be another change in the Earth-Prime timeline.
- It's also possible that Tanya Lamden may have built another telepathic crown for Grodd specially designed to keep him in his comatose state, allowing the original crown to be returned to King Shark, as the latter needed it stop the neural regression of his mind.
- From within his coma, Grodd uses his powers to bring Barry into his mind through Gideon, thanks to Chester making an adjustment to the A.I.'s setting. However, the reason Team Flash put him in his coma in the first place was to keep him from using his psychic abilities; Caitlin had stated that Grodd would be unable to access his powers if unconscious.
- Furthermore, in addition to Team Flash putting Grodd in a coma, Cisco equipped Grodd's cell with A.I. power dampeners, designed to upgrade themselves as Grodd's mind grew. Even if Grodd hadn't been in his coma, this should've also made it impossible for him to mentally reach out to Barry.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|