Guillermo Barrera (died March 2013) was a mercenary-for-hire who mostly operated abroad. His name is on "The List".
Guillermo Barrera was a mercenary well-known for killing high-profile targets. At some point, his name ended up on The List.
In February 2013, Barrera was hired by China White to kill Malcolm Merlyn, under the orders of Moira Queen. The moment Barrera arrived in Starling City's airport with his helicopter, he talked with Chien over the phone, wanting half of his payment now. Once Chien transferred $500,000 into his account, Barrera assured her that he would kill Merlyn. Just then, he was confronted by The Hood. After a brief fight, the Hood killed Barrera by thrusting an arrow into his chest.
- Peak of human physical condition: As a mercenary, Barrera was in top physical condition, able to deflect arrows shot at him.
- Expert combatant/Martial artist: Barrera proved to be a skilled fighter and martial artist, allowing him to hold his own against The Hood for a short while.
- Master knife wielder/Knife thrower: Barrera used many kinds of blades and deployed them in close combat. He was also able to throw knives at the Hood with great precision over a long distance.
- Knives: Barrera carried knives on his person, which he used to fight against his opponents either up close or from afar by throwing the blades.
- Phone: Barrera used a cobalt-level encrypted phone to keep in touch with his employers.
Behind the scenes
- In DC comics, Guillermo Barrera is the super villain Brutale, a recurring enemy of Nightwing.
- Furthermore, in the companion book Arrow - Oliver Queen's Dossier, it is mentioned that Barrera was enemies with Nightwing, although the latter never appeared in the show.