- "For so many years, I've traveled across worlds, across the multiverse, to do one thing: kill you. And now we're here. You saved my life."
- —Harrison Nash Wells[src]
Dr. Harrison Nash Wells is an alternate version of Harrison Wells from an unknown Earth. He is a geologist and a myth-buster. Nash is in pursuit of Mar Novu because he believes the god-like being's words of the upcoming crisis are false tales intended to spread fear and Nash's intention is to stop the Monitor's so-called reign of terror. He tracked the Monitor to Earth-1 where he finally found the hidden gateway to The Monitor's realm and came into conflict with Team Flash.
At some point before 2019, Nash began to travel the multiverse with the objective of finding and killing a being called Mar Novu, also known as The Monitor, believing his warnings of a coming crisis were nothing but false tales intended to spread fear. During his travels, he either learned about or met the Council of Wells. However, he considered them to be idiots.
Tracking the Monitor
Arriving on Earth-1
In 2019, Nash traveled to Earth-1 in search of eternium. He broke into McCulloch Technologies in search of it and was caught on security cameras. He couldn't find any so he left empty handed. The following day, Nash continued to track the eternium, when he was ambushed by Cisco Ramon and Iris West-Allen. He zipped lined down from where he was and pinned Cisco to the wall when he tried to introduce himself. Nash demanded to know why they were following him and pulled out a ruby that gives its victims nightmares and suggested this was the reason. Upon detecting eternium around Iris, he approached her. She promptly tasered him, and they took him back to The Central City Citizen office.
Nash eventually awoke from the coach he was laying on, as Cisco and Iris went through his stuff. The two tried doing a do over introduction, explaining they were friends of the Council of Wells; Nash was not impressed. He then used his sensor on Iris, telling her he let her tase him, but found little eternium on her. Nash explained that he was searching for eternium particles, which he had picked up on Iris, but realized they were stronger in the alley. Cisco sarcastically questioned if "Indiana" had to return the eternium to a certain god, but Nash simply told them there is no such thing as gods, just false ones and deduced that Cisco and Iris were no help so decided to leave.
Cisco attempted to befriend Nash by telling this always happens with them and a new Wells: They get off to a rocky start, especially between him and Cisco, but eventually bond and the Wells embraces his sensitive side. So, Cisco suggested he drop his tough guy act and skip to the end of their usual dance. Nash rejected this and swiftly deployed a smoke bomb. After their confrontation, he returned to the ally and located some eternium particles in a manhole.
Assisting Team Flash
After bugging Cisco when he first met him, he listened in on their conversations and found out that Barry Allen was The Flash and Cisco's advanced intelligence. While Barry and Cisco were talking about saving Ramsey Rosso's life at S.T.A.R Labs, Nash arrived, introducing himself to Barry and revealing he knew he was the Flash because of the bug he put on Cisco. He told them that he could help them save Ramsey if they build him a anti-vibrational crypto-circuit so he can complete his work on Earth-1.
Barry questioned what Nash's work was and he told him it was thermic excavation. Barry and Cisco were weary of Nash, so they decided to talk in private whether or not to trust him. Nash was still listening in on the bug and informed them that he could hear everything they said. After a brief spat, Barry told Nash they don't trust him, but asked what he was offering in exchange for their assistance. Nash told him he was offering something that will save Ramsey's life.
He led them to McCulloch Technologies where he told they had a bio-regenerative serum that was capable of healing organic tissue, no matter what the harm. He explained all they had to do was inject it into Ramsey's healthy cells, then those healthy cells replicate and then replace the unhealthy cells. But, they shouldn't wait until Ramsey's condition worsened, or else it would be useless. The two questioned how McCulloch Technologies develop this, only for Nash to reveal they actually stole it from the Dominator invasion. While Barry went to disable the security cameras, Cisco questioned if this cure could be used on Antimatter, to which Nash replied that it was obvious it would.
After Barry returned, the three began their break-in. Nash requested Barry to speed them to the cure, but the former revealed that there was Meta-human dampeners all over the facility. When Barry and Cisco got trapped by the security guards, Nash used a device that made them faint for a while. When they arrived, Barry and Nash went to investigate a noise coming from outside while Cisco hacked the fridge the cure was in. When they returned, the cure was not in the fridge it was supposed to be and they failed to find it. With the guards closing in on them, Nash used a device to teleport them to S.T.A.R. Labs. Since he still collaborated with Barry and Cisco, Nash demanded that they make him the device he requested.
Upon receiving the device from Cisco, Nash felt it was shoddy workmanship, believing he's seen better on any of the other Earths he's been to. Having enough of Nash's attitude, he grabbed a hold of him, to which he requested he never do again, and demanded he leave. Before leaving, he bid farewell to Frost. He returned to the sewers and plugged the crypto-circuit into his tracker and activated it. It projected a hologram of Novu walking to the end of the tunnel before vanishing. Nash smirked, finally finding the entrance to his realm, and began his excavation to the entrance.
Trapped in the sewers
While he was working, he was followed by Joe West. He Nash claimed he let Joe follow him, though the latter didn't believe him. Joe told him he had been watching Nash closely since Barry told him about Nash. Nash dismissed his detective skills when he called out how he spotted his police vehicle up top, to which Joe was impressed by. Joe then demanded know why he was digging holes underneath Central City, but Nash refused to elaborate and attempted to attack him, only to accidentally trigger his gauntlet in the process and cause a cave-in.
The two quickly recovered and Nash laughed at Joe's attempts to call for assistance when the sewer tunnel they were in was a dead zone long before the wall came down. Nash then tried to get them out of the mess they were in, but Joe assured him that since he as the captain of the Central City Police Department, they'll come looking for him if he didn't show up in a couple of hours. Ignoring Joe, Nash tried shooting their way out, only for the laser to bounce off the rocks and hit a gas line which briefly started a fire. Nash became furious and accused Joe of not telling him that Earth 1's vibrational frequency is calibrated at a molecular level. Nash then deduced that the fire sapped 87% of the oxygen in the room, which only left them with 42 minutes left to breath.
With no way of escape and their air supply rapidly depleting, Nash eventually concocted a plan to blast their way out, although Joe warned against it, and instead, wait for Team Flash's help, causing Nash to become frustrated of Joe's unrealistic optimism and question Joe's firm faith in his allies, causing Joe to tell him a story about how his ex-wife left him and his daughter, he was broken. But it wasn't until his neighbors showed up with cooked food for them and it was at that moment Joe had faith in people. Nash began to consider that advice.
Nash continued to work to blow them out, but Joe highly suggested not to because it could kill them. When Joe suggested waiting again, Nash demanded to know why he has so much faith. This caused Joe to break down and reveal Barry's fate to die in the Crisis of 2019, as told to Team Flash by the Monitor, and he has to be faithful as to not make Barry's sacrifice be in vain. Nash was left shocked that Team Flash had met the Monitor and tried to reach out to the now mourning Joe to identify whether the being he described truly was Mar Novu. Just as he was about to activate his gauntlet to reveal he saw the Monitor, Ralph Dibny arrived to rescue Joe and Nash.
As the two were looked over by Frost at S.T.A.R. Labs, Ralph asked what Nash was doing down there, though he still refused to explain his intentions and began to leave. However, after Joe insisted could help if he just told them, Nash relented and instructed them to meet him at the tunnels the next morning at 9am. When Ralph asked why they should do that, Nash claimed he knew how to save Barry's life, much to the others surprise.
Working with Allegra Garcia
When the team came to the tunnels, with Nash having waited there, he claimed that the Monitor was a false god who spread fears through the Multiverse and that he intended to stop his reign of terror. To do so, he told the team that he must go through the rocky walls that he stated contained a gateway to The Monitor's realm. However, Nash revealed soon after that they had no means of breaching the eternium defenses that the Monitor had placed on the wall as Barry's Intangibility did not work and Ralph using a jackhammer on the wall would only cause the eternium to unleash a catastrophic molecular blast that could wipe out all life on Earth-1. He then revealed that the only way to get through was by illuminating the wall using an artifact that could emit ultraviolet rays to reveal the eternium and identify which sections he couldn't strike. Later, at The Central City Citizen office, Nash searched for the artifact that he had detected earlier that could emit ultraviolet rays. He met Allegra Garcia who recognizes him as Harrison Wells but he told her that he was Nash Wells. He then realized that the artifact he had detected earlier was Allegra, making him aware that she was a meta-human who could emit ultraviolet rays. Nash made a deal with Allegra in which he would reveal everything about doppelgängers, the multiverse, and potentially the end of all life in exchange that she uses her power to reveal where the eternium was located in the Monitor's wall. In the sewers, while talking with Allegra, Nash revealed that Barry Allen was the Flash which surprised Allegra since he is her boss' husband. When Allegra failed to use her powers, Nash later encouraged her by telling her that using powers didn't make her like her cousin. Allegra succeeded and gave Nash enough time to take a picture of the Monitor's code. Later, at The Central City Citizen office, Nash gave a drink to Allegra who was tired after using her powers and Nash left after revealing to her that he was nice to her because she reminded him of someone.
Submitting to the Monitor
Later on, Nash successfully broke through the eternium wall and prepared to solve the code that would open the gateway to the Monitor's realm, satisfied that his chase of the Monitor through the multiverse had come to an end. While he was standing outside the gateway to the Monitor's realm arguing with the Monitor, Nash was attacked by one of Bloodwork's "Blood Brothers". He managed to use a device that emitted ultrasound that forced the infected to leave. However, the device stopped working, causing other infected to attack him. Nash was about to be infected when the particle accelerator exploded with ultraviolet rays that turned his attackers back to normal, saving him. He commented that he'd traveled across the multiverse for many years to kill the Monitor, to whom Nash had misattributed the ultraviolet rays which cured the "Blood Brothers" that had been attacking him. Nash heard a voice, telling him to "submit and begin your life anew." He asked the voice to show him, but the voice told him "the knowledge is within you". As the symbols on the gateway glowed, Nash pushed them in a specific order, causing the gateway to open. A glowing light then came out of the gateway and sucked him inside, with the gateway shutting behind him.
Nash is a very aggressive, argumentative individual always lost in his goal instead of personal relationships, he is also a staunch atheist, believing not in the supernatural, but being more scientifically minded like his Earth-1 and Earth-2 counterparts. He also displays a very adventurous persona.
Like Harry Wells at first, Nash doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of some of his own multiversal counterparts, considering the Council of Wells, a group comprised of his most intelligent doppelgangers, to be idiots.
- "This is what I do. I don't just solve mysteries, I bust myths. I bust them wide open."
- —Harrison Nash Wells[src]
- Genius-level intellect/Master scientist: Nash appears to be extremely intelligent, even dismissing the members of the Council of Wells as "idiots," despite their members consisting of some of the brightest minds in all the multiverse. An exceptional scientist, with him stating to have performed many scientific miracles, Nash has shown himself to be familiar with the extremely rare multiversal element called Eternium, knowing how to bypass it's defenses, along with being able to quickly deduce the properties of McCollough Technologies bioregenerative serum and calculate it would be able to heal blood cancer, something that not even the brilliant scientist Cisco had any knowledge of. He was also able to swiftly realize upon failing to blast through the rocks with a fire thrower that Earth-1's vibrational frequency is calibrated at a molecular level. His scientific abilities must also contribute in his ability to travel through the multiverse. The highly intelligent Joe West noted him for being observant, and he later demonstrated his intuitiveness when he deduced why Allegra Garcia did not like using her meta-human powers. An excellent geologist claiming to specialize in thermic excavation, Nash is shown to be able to quickly correctly analyze the results of his researches. From his time traveling through many universes, Nash has also accumulated a vast amount of knowledge on the multiverse and doppelgängers, enough to thoroughly tell Allegra in exchange for her cooperation, leaving her impressed with his knowledge. He was also able to easily solve the code that opened the gateway to the Monitor's realm.
- Expert engineer: Nash dismissed Cisco Ramon's mechanical engineering as "shoddy" and "subpar." Although not on par with Cisco, Nash was a competent enough of an engineer and gadgeteer to construct and use devices such as smoke bombs able to teleport people, a tracking device to track UV rays and eternium particles.
- Expert mathematician: Nash accurately calculated that the fire had sapped the majority of the oxygen in the tunnel and that he and Joe only had 42 minutes left to breathe.
- Master of deception: Nash is also considerably adept in using tactics and manipulation to complete his researches, as after swiftly realizing that the Eternium particles he detected that were guarding the location of an inter-dimensional gateway leading to The Monitor's realm, he was able to use the knowledge he learned from the bug he placed on Cisco to manipulate Barry and Cisco into building him the tracking device in exchange for his help robbing McCollough Technologies for the bioregenerative serum. Afterwards, he could easily manipulate the entire Team Flash into helping him oppose the Monitor by claiming it would save Barry's life and calmly convince Allegra into helping him.
- Skilled tracker: Nash has been tracking Mar Novu for some time with some success.
- Master of stealth/Escape artist: Nash can follow his targets for long periods of time unnoticed, and quickly disappear from sight even in broad daylight, he is also skilled in using pyrotechnics to create various subtle explosions and smokescreens to mask his escape, as seen in his both confrontation with Iris West-Allen and Cisco Ramon.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Nash has decent skills in martial arts, able to quickly pin Cisco Ramon and swiftly dispatch two guards after having stunned them with a device. He also fended off a Blood Brother with a shovel.
- Acrobatics/Free-running: Nash was able to scale S.T.A.R. Labs' balcony.
- Honed senses: Nash sensed Joe West approaching him from behind.
- Tracking device: Nash wears a tracking device on his wrist, which he uses to detect eternium particles. He also used it to detect UV rays.
- Smoke bomb: He used a smoke bomb to escape from Iris West-Allen and Cisco Ramon. Those bombs were revealed to also work to teleport people, as shown when Cisco and Barry were stealing the cure from McCulloch Technologies.
- Zip line: Nash used a zipline attached to a grappling hook when preparing to attack Cisco Ramon.
|Other versions of Harrison Nash Wells|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Harrison Wells.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 12 • 13 • 17 • 19 • 22 • 24 • 25 • 27 • 47 • 221 • Eobard Thawne • Harrison Wells (Francophone) • Hells Wells • Harrison Nash Wells|