At some point in his adulthood, Harrison Sherloque Wells married seven times, twice to the same woman, leaving the status of his seventh marriage currently unknown. His third ex-wife was from Earth-38, the same Earth of Supergirl and Superman.
Career as multiverse detective
At some point, Sherloque began his career as a detective.
At some point, Sherloque chased a serial killer named Mad Hatter with his partner Watsune until he finds out with the memory machine that his fourth wife was cheating on him with his partner. After arguing with his partner he lets him go chasing the Mad Hatter alone and later find him attached to the memory machine brain-dead.
At some point after this, Sherloque was hired multiple times to find the identity of "Cicada" through the multiverse. According to him, it was always David Hersch. Due to his skills, Sherloque eventually was known by Harrison Wolfgang Wells, the Harrison Wells of Earth-12.
Helping Team Flash
Earth-1 Flash and his team hired him as a suggestion by Harrison Wolfgang Wells, after Cisco Ramon opened a portal to take Sherloque to Earth-1. Sherloque could make conclusions from everyone: that Cisco was heartbroken for his break-up with Cynthia, that Barry Allen was the main speedster of Earth-1, Nora West-Allen was Barry and Iris West-Allen's daughter, and Iris removed a tattoo of a former lover. He asked for a fee in exchange for his detective work.
First, they found a David Hersch, who set a bomb in a warehouse (which Wells discerns at once to be a decoy trap, nearly costing Nora her life when multiple similar bombs popped up around of her, had Barry not been warned in time), but he was different from Cicada. Cisco demanded a refund, but he no longer had the money because he invested it to pay the alimony of his ex-wives.
He pretended to have been burned to ashes by a reactor on the Pipeline, but Cisco revealed that the explosion would be worse if the reactor exploded and told Barry to search for him in S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry found him and ran him to the Pipeline. He then pretended to be surprised by his own death, but he admitted that he did it and revealed he did the same to get rid of himself off his fourth and sixth wife which was the same woman.
Later, he was seen pondering on his own when Nora approached him, asking if he has seen her purse. After pointing out where he last saw the accessory and then detailed Nora's conducts thus far into the past into which she time-traveled, namely her intervention when she helped her father destroy the S.T.A.R. Labs satellite. Sherloque then blithely asked the female speedster if she came to decide on that last part all on her own, to which Nora balked on an answer, unable to reply. Sherloque then dismissed the thought, surmising that Nora did that on her own accord, as her moniker, XS, was definitive for that kind of behavior. Nora agreed and without further ado, took her to leave. As she left though, Wells cast a glance on her departing form, implying that he may have gleaned more than he let on about the speedster from the future.
Meeting Renee Adler
To divert attention from his research on her, Nora with Thawne's suggestion used love to distract him. Nora engineered an accident at CC Jitters to make Sherloque find a love interest. Not knowing the woman in question was doppelgänger of his various ex-wives through the multiverse.
- "This "Sherloque", yes, he's brilliant, but to redirect his gaze, one only has to nudge him toward his weakness: love."
- —Eobard Thawne[src]
Sherloque is a very arrogant and smug individual, as he takes great pride in his abilities as a detective and the reputation he has earned throughout the multiverse, he just as easily scoffs at other's opinions that contradict his views, however, while a very insightful and methodical man, Sherloque prefers to take a quick and easy way to deal with things as after one idea proved accurate enough times, he simply assumed that it would always work and began recycling the same idea. He is also proven to be quite unscrupulous as when things get too difficult, he will attempt to sneak away; Sherloque even faked his death to get away from paying alimony to his ex-wives.
At the same time, Sherloque is not without an honorable side, While confident in his instincts and usually convinced that he is in the right direction, he is willing to admit to when he has made a mistake and likewise give credit where credit is due; for example, Sherloque openly applauded Ralph Dibny in finding an important clue on Cicada's identity.
While working with Team Flash, Sherloque has begun to develop a friendship with its members, showing a kinder side to his character; he helped Nora West-Allen bond with her mother, Iris West-Allen, and eventually agreed to put aside his bitterness to celebrate Thanksgiving with the team.
Sherloque has been married seven times (twice to the same woman) which is later revealed to be due to them all being doppelgängers his first wife, he confided in a very confused Nora that "(they're) the only woman for me", showing a bizarre romantic side, conversely, it was Sherloque's attempts to be romantic that lead to his divorces since his attempts of trying to use what they liked in extravagant manners lead to horrible consequences, Sherloque later met the Earth-1 Renee Adler, whom he immediately became smitten with thanks to Nora's manipulations per Eobard Thawne's suggestion. Ultimately, he realizes Renee was "the woman (he's) been waiting for" as she accepts his quirks fully.
Occasionally, Sherloque lets the thrill over revealing a mystery get the better of him, particularly when it comes to sensitivity, suspicious of Nora suddenly taking direct actions that will alter the past after having been so careful to not be noticed before, Sherloque investigated her to find out who she was working with. Right as Nora was about to tell Team Flash the truth about Eobard helping her change the past to ensure Cicada was defeated and her father, Barry Allen, wouldn't disappear in the "Crisis", Sherloque butted in and revealed his partial deduction of Nora working for Eobard. In the process, he ignored Nora's pleading to tell it herself and even expected to be congratulated for this discovery until coming to his senses.
- Genius-level intellect/Master detective: Like many of his counterparts, Sherloque is a very astute and cunning individual. He is a renowned detective and according to Harrison Wolfgang Wells, the best in the entire multiverse. A very well-read and intuitive individual, Sherloque has insightful knowledge of human behavior and natural reactions from various stimulus determine a variety of facts from perceiving the smallest of details (thus he could even understand the MO of a secretive man like Eobard Thawne) from a crude explanation of where Vibe and Cicada were fighting, he was able to quickly deduce their location.
- Computer specialist: Sherloque demonstrated a fair level of proficiency with computers, able to program them to decipher Nora West-Allen's mysterious writing.
- Expert of deception/Manipulator: Sherloque is very efficient at conceiving believable lies on the spot to fool individuals. He is also talented at faking his death, having fooled two of his ex-wives.
- Multilingual: Sherloque is capable of fluently speaking English and French. He (apparently) is familiar in so many languages that he was surprised to discover the "Time language" as one he couldn't understand.
- "Speed sketcher. It's a modest talent."
- —Sherloque Wells[src]
- Artistic skill: Sherloque is a talented sketch artist, as he was able to quickly complete a sketch of "Khione" with elegant detail in seconds.
- Escape artist: Taught by Thaddeus Brown of Earth-51, Sherloque is very seamless in his efforts of escaping from binds and likewise freeing others from them.
The Chronicles of Cisco
- (video footage)
- Sherloque is the fourth version of Harrison Wells to join Team Flash, after Eobard Thawne (impersonating Earth-1 Harrison Wells), Harry Wells (from Earth-2), and H.R. Wells (from Earth-19).
- Sherloque is also the third francophone version of Harrison Wells seen (on-screen).
- Sherloque is from Earth 221. This is a reference to 221B Baker Street, the London address of the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes.
- In "", Sherloque learned that marrying one of his wives a second time resulted in her revealing to all his other exes that he faked his death. As a result, he's now stuck paying alimony to all of them again.
- At the same time, it's implied that Sherloque's ex-wives never mistook any doppelgänger he may have had on their respective Earths for him.
- Just as his Earth-2 counterpart gets along with Cisco Ramon more because they are both scientists, this version of Harrison bonds more with Ralph Dibny more because they are both detectives.
- Sherloque is a fan of John Stamos.
- In the episode "Gone Rogue," Sherloque mispronounces Kamilla's name as Kamala, which may be a reference to the indie game Fran Bow, as Kamalas are a type of creature featured in that game.
Behind the scenes
- His name is an allusion to Sherlock Holmes. In fact, Sherloque's train of thought and logic process perfectly matches that of Sherlock Holmes.
- Much like him, Sherloque shows an utter lack of remorse for revealing a dark secret someone (Nora) kept from their loved ones, instead hoping he would receive praise for his deduction.
- Sherloque's beard evokes some resemblance to that of Robert Downey, Jr., an actor who portrayed Sherlock Holmes in two films directed by Guy Ritchie
- Cisco Ramon once called him "Cumberbatch", an allusion to Benedict Cumberbatch, who portrays Sherlock Holmes in the BBC Series Sherlock.
|Other versions of Harrison Sherloque Wells|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Harrison Wells.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 12 • 13 • 17 • 19 • 22 • 24 • 25 • 27 • 47 • 221 • Eobard Thawne • Harrison Wells (Francophone) • Hells Wells • Harrison Nash Wells|