- "Sometimes you’re a hardass, you’re a hero. Sometimes... you’re a wizard, Harry."
- —Cisco Ramon to Harrison Wells[src]
Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells is the founder of S.T.A.R. Labs on Earth-2, the husband of a late unnamed woman, and the father of Jesse Wells. After Jesse was kidnapped by the criminal meta-human speedster Zoom, Harry traveled to Earth-1, joining Team Flash and helping Barry Allen to take down Zoom. While he was at one point forced to work as a mole for Zoom, Harry eventually turned on the speedster criminal, and with the help of Barry and Cisco Ramon, freed his daughter from captivity. He continued working with Team Flash as its main scientific mind to defeat Zoom before returning to Earth-2 with his daughter and Jay Garrick after Zoom was no more.
After Jesse developed her meta-human powers as a speedster and began establishing herself as vigilante protector in Earth-2, Harry's overly protective and controlling nature caused a strain in their relationship, making Jesse determined to work alone. Feeling he had no other reason to be on Earth-2, Harry decided to rediscover himself on Earth-1 by rejoining Team Flash.
After his excessive use of the Thinking Cap dramatically decreased his intelligence to the point of barely being able to speak comprehensively, he only managed to retain any intelligence due to Marlize DeVoe. With the majority of his intelligence gone and back in touch with his emotional side, Harry returned to Earth-2.
In 2019, as Harry was gradually regaining his intelligence, he was vaporized and killed along with the rest of Earth-2's population when a wave of antimatter hit the planet. Later, Oliver Queen sacrificed himself to create Earth-Prime, and Harry and the Wells doppelgängers were fused into the last surviving Wells, Harrison Nash Wells, now existing inside his mind and appearing to him as visions.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Original multiverse
- 1.1.1 Early life
- 1.1.2 Creation of S.T.A.R. Labs
- 1.1.3 The particle accelerator explosion
- 1.1.4 Conflict with The Flash
- 1.1.5 At odds with his daughter
- 1.1.6 Working with Team Flash
- 1.1.7 Post-Flashpoint
- 1.1.8 Helping save Barry
- 1.1.9 Forming Jesse's team
- 1.1.10 Return to Team Flash
- 1.1.11 Crisis on Earth-X
- 1.1.12 Battle against DeVoe
- 1.1.13 Regaining his intelligence
- 1.1.14 Destruction of Earth-2
- 1.2 New multiverse
- 1.1 Original multiverse
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Starting a family
At some point in his life, Harrison met a woman, whom he later fell in love with and married. Harrison initially didn't want children, but his wife later convinced him to change his mind, and they had a daughter together, Jesse Chambers Wells, whom Harrison would affectionately call "Jesse Quick" due to her genius intellect.
When Jesse was four, Harrison took his daughter to a planetarium, which was the first time they went out together. There, Jesse got lost in the Mars exhibit, prompting Harrison to have the entire planetarium shut down to find her. It was at that moment he felt something never felt before: rage. Harrison swore to himself that he would hurt whoever had taken Jesse, realizing he would do anything to get his daughter back if something happened to her.
When Jesse was six, Harrison gifted her a Mr. Jiggle Wiggle teddy bear.
Creation of S.T.A.R. Labs
In 1991, Harrison founded S.T.A.R. Labs. Harrison would use his "work voice" on his employees, which freaked his wife and daughter out. He also hired Henry Hewitt as his lab assistant and trusted him greatly.
Harrison would eventually lose the love of his life, leaving him devastated. He remained unable to move on from his wife's death for years, despite his daughter's best efforts.
The particle accelerator explosion
In 2014, Harrison created his particle accelerator. Harrison piped the explosion of the accelerator underground, believing it would limit exposure to the people of Central City. He, however, was wrong, and instead created all the meta-humans of the city. Unable to accept his failure, Harrison covered it up to ensure no one knew he was indirectly responsible.
Conflict with The Flash
Sometime after his particle accelerator exploded and created numbers of metas, speedsters like "Jay Garrick" and Zoom showed up. Harrison became at odds with the former, believing him to be a coward. Nonetheless, Harrison tried to assist Jay in his fight against Zoom by creating Velocity 6 to help increase his speed. Jay, however, wanted nothing to do with his manmade serum and dismissed it.
At odds with his daughter
One day, Harrison held a press conference to unveil the meta-human awareness app in a new series of next gen gadgets, designed to alert the user of a meta-human presence. During the conference, he was confronted by Jay Garrick, who wanted to expose his involvement in the meta-humans' creation, but Harrison rebuked him by encouraging him to do his job and stop Zoom. After The Flash left, Harrison continued his press conference, assuring his daughter that he was fine.
Sometime later, Harrison happened upon a tour group of children walking through S.T.A.R. Labs and greeted them. After the conference, Harrison was confronted by his daughter, who asked him if what the Flash had said was the truth. Although he tried to evade the question, Jesse saw this as confirmation and criticized her father for his actions. Harrison replied that he had been trying to unlock the mysteries of the universe and that if sometimes one doesn't have the key for a lock, he must kick the door open.
Later that day, Harrison was working while listening to a news report revealing Robert Queen as the Starling City vigilante, "The Hood". Suddenly, he saw a newsreel about a meta-human attack at Central City College and that a female student had been kidnapped by Zoom. Upon seeing Jesse's broken cellphone in the wreckage on TV, Harrison was horrified, initially believing that Jesse was dead. Not knowing the fate of his daughter, Harrison dedicated himself to find stop Zoom and find out what happened to his daughter.
After The Flash vanished, Harrison believed that Zoom had killed him in their last duel during the Singularity. Harrison would later discover a breach to Earth-1 after a purse was thrown through a interdimensional breach, which almost hit him. This would give him the idea to go to another world to find help against Zoom.
Working with Team Flash
He found his way through a breach between Earth-2 and Earth-1, underneath Earth-1's S.T.A.R. Labs. Wells lurked around S.T.A.R. Labs for some time, watching the efforts to save Martin Stein. He then proceeded to break into Mercury Labs, where he stole a prototype weapon from the Applied Sciences Division. In doing so, he set off the alarms but managed to evade the guards. He was, however, spotted by Tina McGee, an old friend of Harrison's late Earth-1 counterpart, who mistook him for the impersonator using his counterpart's appearance.
Harrison later arrived in time to use the gun he stole on King Shark, a meta-human sent by Zoom, and knocked him out as he was attacking The Flash and Patty Spivot. When he walked away, Flash chased after him and demanded to know who the hell he was, and Harrison pulled his hood off, revealing his identity to him, much to the Flash's shock.
Barry Allen brought Harrison to S.T.A.R. Labs the next morning, where he read the autobiography of "Harrison Wells". He commented how strange it was reading his doppleganger's book, especially when it isn't about him. Barry then formally introduced him to Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow. Cisco was immediately hesitant because of the actions of their Wells, only for Caitlin to remind him that it wasn't really Earth-1 Wells, but actually Eobard Thawne from the future.
Not following any of what Caitlin said, Wells defended himself against any actions that Thawne caused, such as the deaths of Barry's mother and Ronnie Raymond, and gave them the purse that almost hit him as proof of his identity. When Caitlin suggested running tests on Harrison, he informed that he would be an exact match to his Earth-1 counterpart. Regardless, Caitlin still decided to run her tests, to which Harrison agreed to. Getting back on topic, when Barry questioned why he was here, Harrison told them that he was here to help them defeat Zoom.
Barry asked Harrison what he knew of the evil speedster, to which he revealed that he created Zoom and all the Earth-2 metas. After the team informed him of their progress on tracking the Earth-2 metas, Harry was less than impressed with their results and told them of Zoom's determination to be the only speedster in the Multiverse. The team was still hesitant to trust him because of Thawne, but Harrison continued to plead his case. When Joe West arrived, Harrison was taken aback when he tried shooting him, only for Barry to catch the bullets. While Barry went to fill Joe in, Harrison asked Cisco if this Earth had a Big Belly Burger.
When another Earth-2 meta-human showed up, Dr. Light, Harrison gave them the information he had on her. He explained how she got her powers from his accelerator and suggested they use Light to lure Zoom out. At that moment, Jay walked in and disagreed with Harrison's plan. Harrison was surprised to see Jay, believing he was dead, and mocked how he was hiding on this Earth. The two argued about how to handle Light, before Barry broke them up and Harrison went to drink his Big Belly soda.
Harrison then decided to do research on Thawne, listening to his favorite music. Cisco, referring to him as Harry, then came in and mocked his choice of music. Harry took note on how different and similar he and Thawne were. When Cisco mentioned the bad Thawne did, Harry requested to know what he did to him that was so bad that he can't look at him in the eyes. Cisco told him how he killed him in an alternate timeline, but Harry didn't seem to care. He then set their arrangement: they don't like each other, but they'll have to work with each other to stop Zoom. As Cisco left to check the S.T.A.R. Labs satellite, Harry checked his meta-human watch.
After Barry confronted Dr. Light, he came back blind. Harry blamed Jay for his failure since he suggested talking to her instead of taking her in. When Jay tried to defend himself by saying Light caught Barry off guard, Harry questioned how she could do that to a speedster, only to find out that Light is ex's doppelgänger, Linda Park. This made Harry realize that Zoom sent her because he knew he would hesitate. Harry suggested they keep an eye on Earth-1 Linda and watched as Barry knocked into stuff. As he followed him, Harry met Iris West. Seeing that Thawne did something to offend Iris as well, Cisco revealed that her fiancée died because of him. Harry simply shrugged and got back to work.
They're plan to capture Light took a turn when she accidentally killed Eric Larkin as she tried to kill Linda. Harry blamed Jay for believing that someone under Zoom's influence could be reasoned with, and he claimed that Jay was the reason Barry doubted himself before pinning their entire situation on him. When Jay tried to defend himself with the argument that he had hunted Zoom for two years, Harry turned the argument back on him, saying that Zoom had in fact been hunting him, and Jay had not been doing anything but running from the demonic speedster. He compared Barry to Jay, stating that unlike Jay, Barry could beat Zoom because he was not a coward and was willing to rush towards danger and not away from it. Fed up with Harry's remarks, Jay engaged with Harry in a physical fight that Barry had to stop.
Shortly thereafter, Barry approached Harry to suggest that he was being hard on Jay, but Harry defended his position, stating that Jay should be learning from Barry instead of the other way around. Barry mentioned that prior to learning he was the Reverse-Flash, Barry looked up to Earth-1 "Wells" as a role model and mentor, prompting Harry to remind Barry that he wasn't his Earth-1 counterpart and Barry needed to take his advice in order to take Zoom down. During this conversation, Barry told him that they had gotten hold of Light's mask in the confrontation at the Central City Picture News office. In order to find Dr. Light, Harry explained that all the team had to do was give Light's mask to Cisco and exposed his status as a metahuman with the ability to vibe the location of anyone just by using an object that belonged to them.
Tracking Light to the Central City Train Station, Harry taught Barry how to create speed mirages of himself to capture Light. Once Light was contained in the Pipeline, Iris thanked Harry for helping Barry defeat Light. But when Barry decided to go with Harry's plan to stop Zoom, Jay disagreed and opted to leave. But before he did, he warned the team not to trust Harry, as he calmly sat and watch. The next morning, Harry watched as Barry, Caitlin, and Cisco celebrated as CC Jitters.
After Barry convinced Dr. Light to help them stop Zoom, she told them what he wanted from her; to send Barry's new emblem through a breach to confirm his death and he will collect his body afterwards. Harry stepped up and revealed he invented a serum that would dampen Zoom's speed, only if Cisco can create gun to deliver it. Caitlin remained unconvinced of this plan, but Harry assured her that the element of surprise is their advantage. Joe reluctantly agreed to it and they got to work. Before starting, Harry though about the argument he had with Jesse involving the accelerator before she was taken.
Unfortunately, Dr. Light tricked them and escaped. Harry was furious and chewed the team out for not listening to him about sedating Light before Joe calmed him down. They started to discuss whether they're original plan was even a good one before Barry defended Harry's plan and he got back to work on the speed dampener serum. Cisco came up to him in his work shop and patted him on the back. Harry, realizing Cisco was trying to vibe him, told the engineer to just ask him and to get out. After he left Harry recounted the day Jesse was taken by Zoom.
Convincing Earth-1 Linda to pretend to be Dr. Light, Harry, along with Team Flash, tried to train her to be Dr. Light. The training went poorly, leaving the others less confident about their plan. To ensure better odds, Harry went to toon up Cisco's gloves to make sure they'd work properly. While Harry was working, Cisco tried to make peace with him, but Harry was not interested. When it looked like Cisco was trying to vibe him again, Harry moved away. But, when Cisco knocked over some oil, he was forced to clean up, as Cisco unintentionally vibed him.
That night, after Barry was able to give Linda the confidence she needed, the team put their plan into action. Harry and Joe took positions on a ledge waiting for Zoom to arrive. Linda, as Dr. Light, and Flash engaged in a "fight", where Dr. Light "killed" him and threw his emblem through a breach. After an hour with no Zoom, the team accepted that Zoom didn't take the bait. After Harry and Joe came down from their positions, Harry proceeded to wack random stuff in the dock in frustration.
Once they got back to S.T.A.R. Labs, Harry reviewed the footage of the failed mission over and over again to see what went wrong. After he stopped, his meta watch went off as Barry told everyone that Zoom had Linda. While Flash raced off the face him on the roof, Harry, Caitlin, and Cisco observed. When Caitlin commented Zoom not being human, Harry told her was once. Harry then observed Flash throw lightning at Zoom, only to witness him catch it and throw it right back at him. Realizing Flash was outmatched, Harry went outside and tried firing his serum at him, only for Zoom to catch it and inject into Flash. Zoom then warned the stunned Harry that he's next before speeding off with Flash.
After Zoom brought an unconscious Flash back to S.T.A.R labs after defeating him in battle, Zoom told Harry that he made a mistake trying to use Barry to stop him, which a horrified Harry admitted. Zoom was then shot with the dart by Cisco, but managed to still run with his super-speed and escape, upsetting Wells. Joe slammed Harry against a wall, blaming him for what happened to Barry. Cisco told Harry that he vibed on him earlier as he worked in the office, revealing that his daughter, Jesse, was alive but being held captive by Zoom. Harry told Joe that he overestimated his ability to stop Zoom and thought he could stop Zoom on Earth-1 and he was doing whatever it takes to keep his daughter safe just as Joe would do anything to keep Barry safe.
A week later, Harry decided to leave and go back to Earth-2 to fight Zoom due to his mistake of thinking he could recruit Barry to stop Zoom which led to Barry getting injured. As the group were discussing Zoom in the cortex, Harry barged requesting access to their Breach room and Speed cannon so he could go home. Joe compared Harry to Thawne because of him wanting to abandon them, to which Harry reminded him once again, that it wasn't him. While the others had no problem with Harry leaving, Caitlin urged to reconsider. Harry, however, refused, and opted to find his own way back to Earth-2.
Harry then head out to think; he wore a cap to disguise himself so people wouldn't recognize him. He sat at a bar working on a way to get back home, when he was approached by Caitlin. Harry deduced that she was here without the consent of Team Flash and assured her that he'd be heading home soon. Caitlin tried to give him confidence in their ability to help him save Jesse, but Harry insisted that coming to Earth-1 was a mistake. Despite Caitlin continuing to persuade him to stay, he refused. Before Caitlin left, she mentions how Cisco and Stein never figured out how to close the Breaches, which gave Harry the idea of closing 51 Breaches, and leave the Breach at S.T.A.R. Labs to trap Zoom with.
Harry returned to the team, only for Caitlin to be abducted by Grodd the next day. Harry was amazed at the similarities between their Earths, as he had talking Gorillas on his Earth. Harry then asked Cisco why Grodd would abduct Caitlin, but he had no answer as she was always nice to him in the past. Using Joe's idea of tracking Grodd's past movements, Harry and Cisco went to work on finding a way to track him, with Harry determined to rescue Caitlin from the mad gorilla.
Harry asked Cisco how Grodd became sentient. He explained to him how the military experimented on the gorilla with drugs and the dark matter from the accelerator made him into what he is now. Harry algorithm to track Grodd's location then got an alert and the two went to tell the others. Before telling them, Harry and Cisco had the idea of Harry masquerading as Thawne in the Reverse-Flash suit to trick Grodd. When they presented this idea to Barry, he mistook him for Thawne and pinned him to the wall. Once Cisco pulled Barry off, they explained their plan to him, which he agreed to.
Tracking Grodd to its last location, a bell tower, Harry gave Cisco his best "Wells" impression to fool Grodd before he put Cisco's anti mind control earbuds in. Harry reached the top of the bell tower and greeted Grodd. He proceeded to try and talk Grodd into letting Caitlin go, but Grodd was able to see that his "father" was a doppelgänger due to Harry asking Grodd's permission to release Caitlin. Harry was injured but managed to inject Grodd with the tranquilizers that he stole and escaped with Caitlin and Cisco.
Once back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin treated Harry to his wounds, while also thanking him for saving her; he responded that they were indeed a team. Barry and the others were also impressed by Harry's heroism. The team then got to discussing how to properly deal with Grodd once and for all. When Caitlin revealed that Grodd wants a family like him, Harry had an idea where to send him. He explained that he was able to identify a Breach to his Earth where Grodd will feel like he's home.
There plan to bait Grodd into the Breach succeeded and the gorilla was sent to Earth-2. Afterwards, at S.T.A.R. Labs Harry volunteered to help figure out how Thawne got his suit in his ring, knowing a few things about microtechnology. Barry's father, Henry Allen, then officially introduced himself to Harry, thanking him for his assistance. When Caitlin asked about the place they sent Grodd, Harry there was a gorilla refuge on Earth-2 where gorillas who underwent lab experiments were able to roam freely. Caitlin then gave an assurance that they will help him find his daughter and stop Zoom together, giving Harry some hope.
While Harry and Caitlin tested Barry's speed, Harry was less than impressed with his progress. When Barry asked about his speed level, Harry was blunt and said it was bad. Caitlin wondered how Zoom was so much faster then both Barry and Jay combined, so Harry gave a list of differences between the three: physiology, form, strength, etc. After Barry left to meet up with Patty, Caitlin asked what else they can do since they were out of ideas. Harry, however, had one more idea up his sleeve.
After Cisco and his girlfriend Kendra Saunders were attacked by knife wielding maniac, he brought her to S.T.A.R. Labs for protection. There, the team discussed what this person wanted with Kendra, but came up with nothing. When Cisco brought up this man referring to her as "Princess Chay-Ara" Harry deduced the word was Coptic; still no connection to Kendra. Realizing they can't protect Kendra alone, Barry decided to take her to Star City to get Team Arrow's help. While Barry and Cisco took Kendra to Star City, Harry and Caitlin stayed behind.
As Harry was working, Caitlin walked up and asked what he was working on. He revealed to her his formula of Velocity 6 to help increase Barry's speed. He explained why he failed to perfect it was because he didn't have a background in biochemistry. So, Caitlin offered her his assistance in finishing it, which he accepted. The two realized that what they needed was sodium chloride to complete Velocity 6. The two then got to work.
Harry called Jay over to test the Velocity 6, as they finished up the formula. When Jay showed up, he refused to take the "speed drug", stating that the Speed Force could not be lab-made and the drug's effects could not be predicted, and warned Caitlin not to let Barry use the serum. Ignoring Jay's warnings, Harry subsequently went out to gather the chemicals needed to synthesize Velocity 6 and brought them back to S.T.A.R. Labs.
As Harry got Velocity 6 ready, a concerned Caitlin was willing to heed Jay's warning, to which Harry dismissed Jay as a coward. Just as Caitlin left the Cortex, Patty confronted Harry, accusing him of breaking into Mercury Labs. Harry attempted to approach her and explain but accidentally pointed the syringe gun in his hand towards her, causing Patty to panic and shoot him in the chest.
After Joe dismissed Patty, Caitlin had a reluctant Jay take Velocity 6, enabling him to phase his hand through Harry's chest to retrieve the bullet. As Harry recovered, he thanked Jay for saving his life but Jay, other than saying he would never take the drug again, retorted that he could thank him by keeping Velocity 6 away from Barry.
Betraying Team Flash
A few days before Christmas, Harry was chased through S.T.A.R. Labs by Zoom. He made it to the workshop and grabbed his weapon. He slid across the floor and tried to shoot the demonic speedster, but failed. Zoom then knocked his gun away and grabbed Harry by the throat. As Harry scrummed in Zoom's grasp, he begged him to let his daughter go in exchange for his life. When Zoom didn't respond Harry demanded he say something. After a moment of silence, Zoom wished Harry a Merry Christmas. He then demanded Harry to help him steal Barry's speed and left to give him time to decide.
Harry later met up with Cisco in the cortex and when he asked if he was ok, he assured him he was. When Clyde Mardon, James Jesse, and Leonard Snart all broke out of Iron Heights Prison, Harry assisted them in finding them. After Cisco had an idea to use a Wizard's Wand on Martin and Barry all but repeated what he said, Harry learned he had time-traveled and changed the timeline to stop Martin from destroying the city. Harry scolded him for changing the timeline before walking off. Barry noticed Harry was limping and asked if he was ok. Harry again, assured him he was fine.
The team soon got a video message from Jesse, calling the Flash out. While Cisco tried to track his position, Jay noticed a reflection in his cornea. Upon a closer examination, Harry recognized the reflection as a Mr. Jiggle Wiggle teddy bear and told the team how he got one for his daughter when she was six. They were able to use this information to track Jesse to an abandoned toy factory and Barry went to confront him. It turned out to be a trap and Flash was forced to rescue Detective Spivot from an explosion.
Harry later awaited Zoom's arrival in the Breach room. Once he came through the breach, he demanded Harry's answer. Harry requested more time, but Zoom simply told him they need more time. Zoom then threatened to kill Harry's new friends to motivate his answer. Harry begged him not to and Zoom gave him one more day to decide. Before speeding back to Earth-2, he mocked Harry by telling him he'll let Jesse know he said hello, leaving Harry devastated.
When Flash went to confront Jesse and Martin, they learned that they had handed out over a 100 presents with bombs in them to families. If Flash lets Jesse and Martin slowly kill him, they won't harm anyone. As the two criminals tortured Flash, Harry and the others got to work on trying to track down the bombs. Harry came up with the idea to find one to send all of them away through a breach like they did Grodd. He then took one of Cisco's drones to accomplish the task.
Harry, Cisco, and Jay tracked down one of the bombs to a house. Harry knocked on the door where a little boy answered. He demands that he gives him his presents, much to the boy's confusion. Having taken the bomb out of the present, the three planned to use magnetism to send all 100 bombs through a breach above the city using Cisco's drone. Thanks to the combined efforts of the three, they were able to send all the bombs away and allow Flash to take down Jesse and Martin.
After the team recaptured Jesse and Martin, Harry got to work in Barry's training room. Harry soon noticed Barry was watching him and activated the speaker to ask if he needed anything. Barry told him he wanted to invite him over for their Christmas party at the West house. Harry thanked him for the offer, but refused. Believing it to be to hard without his daughter with him.
Having finally decided, Harry met with Zoom in an abandoned area. When Zoom arrived, Harry deduced why he was sending meta after meta from Earth-2 to fight Barry: he wanted Barry to get faster so there would be more power for him to take. Harry wanted to see his daughter, so Zoom brought Jesse from Earth-2. Having been reunited with his daughter a few seconds before Zoom to her back, Harry tearfully agreed to help Zoom steal the Flash's speed.
Once Harry agreed to betray Team Flash to save his daughter, he got to work on finding a way to steal the Flash's speed. He was going through equations in his workshop, only to come up with nothing and started throwing stuff. Cisco then came in and told him he couldn't throw his stuff, only for Harry to throw more stuff. When Cisco noticed Harry's equations, he assumed it was to make Barry faster and suggested, instead, to make Zoom slower. Harry, however, reminded him that failed, but Cisco had another idea to steal Zoom's speed: The Turtle.
Cisco brought Harry, Barry, Caitlin, and Jay into the cortex where he explained the Turtle. However, it was derailed when the team misunderstood Caitlin's White Whale analogy. Harry then got the conversation back on the Turtle. Cisco explained he stumbled onto the Turtle's crimes when they were hunting the Reverse-Flash and video footage of him slowing down time to steal. Harry asked how they would find him, so Barry did some research and deduced that the Turtle steals personal items and rushed over to the CCPD when he read them recovering the Vandervoort diamonds. The Flash, however, was unable to stop the Turtle from getting away.
Barry returned to S.T.A.R. Labs where he explained how the Turtles powers felt as if all the energy was suddenly sucked out of his body, and then return. Harry agreed with Barry and explained how the Turtle has the ability to transfer all the surrounding kinetic energy into himself. When Barry asked how he was still able to move, to which Harry answered as it was because his speed allowed him to change positions faster than anyone else. Harry then went o to figure out how to use the Turtle's powers against Zoom.
The next day, the team figured out the Turtle would rob the Central City Memorial Hospital to steal The Crystal Ball - a famous painting recovered from Markovia. When Barry decided to use this as a date for him and Patty and to reveal to her that he's the Flash, it got Harry's attention while he was working. While the others saw no harm in bringing Patty into the team, Harry followed Barry and urged him not to. He explained that if Zoom ever found out about her, he would use her against him, just like he did his daughter.
While Barry, Caitlin, and Jay were in the museum, Harry and Cisco remained in the S.T.A.R. Labs van to keep a look out. As they were waiting, Harry asked Cisco why he gives the metas such ridiculous nicknames, only for Cisco to ask who came up with the name Zoom. Harry then told Cisco how Zoom got his name. Two years ago the CCPD got a 911 call about a hostage situation, but when the SWAT team got there, there were no hostages. He explained that Zoom set a trap in order to show the police that they could not stop him. And he killed 14 officers but left one alive to tell the tale. The officer described blue lightning "zooming" all about as his comrades were murdered. Then after the officer told the tale, Zoom went to his house and killed him too. Cisco then volunteered to vibe to see if his daughter is still alive, but Harry assured him she was. The Turtle soon arrived, but the Flash failed once again to stop him.
The team returned to S.T.A.R. Labs to recuperate and Harry reported that bot the Turtle and the painting were gone. When Barry realized he ditched Patty at the museum and wanted to talk to her, Harry tried to convince him that finding Turtle was more important, but Barry didn't listen. Once Barry left, Harry told them they had to figure out how the Turtle drained Barry of his speed and left with Cisco to do so.
Things took a turn for the worse when the Turtle kidnapped Patty. The team tried to track Russell Glosson, but were having no luck until Harry came up with an idea. He explained that the Turtle keeps the things he's stolen like how a serial killer would keep trophies from their victims. This allowed the team to figured out that he rented a storage space to keep all his stolen goods. Cisco couldn't find anything, but then remembered that his ex-wife used to be an archivist for antiquities at the Naydel Library. The Flash then arrived at the library and rescued Patty from the Turtle and captured him.
After locking Turtle up in the Pipeline, the team waited for him to wake up. Once he did, they gloated how he was now there "most prized possession" and closed it up. Once everyone went home for the night, Harry got back to work. He recorded an entry in his watch and spoke as if he was talking to Jesse. He reminisced how he lost her when she was four and had the feeling of rage for the first time; that he would do anything to get her back if someone ever kidnapped her. He then killed Glosson by taking a sample of his brain to use in his research to steal Barry's speed.
After killing The Turtle, and stealing his blood and some brain matter to come up with a speed force reduction serum, Harry designed a drainer which stole Barry Allen's speed every time he tapped into the Speed Force. However, after this nearly cost Iris West her life in a fight with Tar Pit, Harry confesses and is later forgiven by Barry and the members of Team Flash, who tell him that they are going to go to Earth-2 together to help him save his daughter.
Return to Earth-2
After Barry closed all the breaches with Harry's breach implosion device, he, Barry and Cisco set off for Earth-2 through the S.T.A.R. Labs breach. Upon arrival, Harry became annoyed when his companions took in the sights and panicked upon meeting lab assistant Henry Hewitt, whom the Earth-1 visitor know as an evil metahuman on their Earth. Subsequently, they learned that Zoom had escalated his reign of terror. Cisco then tried to vibe Zoom, only to discover that his goggles had been non-functional, as the two Earths vibrate on different frequencies, making it impossible for Cisco to vibe. Upon seeing Barry's doppelganger on TV, he replaced him, hoping to get CCPD's information on Zoom in hopes of finding him. Unfortunately, Barry forgot Jay's advice not to get sucked in emotionally and became involved with Iris and Joe's doppelgängers, before Joe was incidentally killed in a confrontation with Caitlin and Ronnie's doppelgängers, Killer Frost and Deathstorm. Harry scolded Barry for forgetting his objective, stating that the inhabitants of Earth-2 are not the people he knows but Barry rejected his words.
Subsequently, Barry and Cisco try to help Iris Two track down Killer Frost and Deathstorm, but something went awry and Zoom captured Barry and started tearing Central City apart looking for Harry. After ordering S.T.A.R. Labs evacuated, Harry nearly pulled his gun on Cisco, who revealed that Zoom had killed his doppelgänger Reverb and Deathstorm, but spared him and Killer Frost and took Barry; Harry suspected that Zoom left Cisco alive for a reason. They then remembered they left Barry Two locked up and free him, before Zoom attacked S.T.A.R. Labs. The trio took shelter in Harry's time vault, hiding behind a fake wall when Zoom entered. Afterwards, they explained everything to Barry Two and later Iris Two. Knowing that Barry and Jesse would most likely be in Zoom's lair, the group decide to seek out Killer Frost, as only Zoom's henchmen would know. After a brief fight, Cisco is able to convince Killer Frost to take them to Zoom's lair, Ascension Cliffs, which Harry noted is only accessible for speedsters. They get inside with Killer Frost producing an ice staircase. Though Harry is able to free Jesse, Barry's cell was lined with carbine, which he couldn't phase through because of the frequency differential. Thankfully, Barry Two is able to coax his doppelgänger into getting the courage to phase through. Unfortunately, Zoom then arrived, having been summoned by Killer Frost. Zoom declared he would everyone but Barry and Harry, starting with Jesse. But then Killer Frost had a change of heart and held off Zoom long enough for everyone to escape. Once back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Harry grimly tells Jesse that they had to leave Earth-2 forever. As the meta detectors go off, indicating Zoom was near, Barry got Cisco and Jesse through the breach, but when he got back, Zoom had Harry in his clutches, declaring he needs the two of them to get his speed. Unseen, Harry drew a speed dampening dart and asks Barry to give his love to Jesse, before stabbing Zoom with the dart, stunning him long enough for Harry and Barry to get back to Earth-1. Jay then used the breach implosion device to close the breach, but not before Zoom reached through, phasing his hand through Jay's chest and dragging him back through. This broke Caitlin's heart and Harry had to grimly tell Barry that there's no way to reopen the breach. Later, he advises Barry and Cisco not to tell anyone of their experiences on Earth-2, as it might affect the people of Earth-1, as well as the fact that those lives weren't theirs.
Stuck on Earth-1
With their path home permanently cut off, Harry and Jesse settle in at Earth-1 S.T.A.R. Labs. Within a few weeks following Jay's death, the team was visited by John Diggle and Lyla Michaels, who revealed that King Shark had not been killed by Harry, but had in fact been taken in by A.R.G.U.S. to find a way to weaponize metahumans. King Shark had recently escaped A.R.G.U.S. custody and was heading back to Central City to fulfill his original objective to kill Barry. Harry was then asked if he had any information on King Shark, to which he identified him as Shay Lamden and that finding him the first time was pure luck after he first arrived on Earth-1.
Harry later began working on an algorithm to track King Shark. Jesse offered her help, though it took a bit of convincing. Later on, Harry stood with Jesse and Cisco at the Cortex while Barry and A.R.G.U.S. set a trap for King Shark. When the trap failed, Barry challenged the man shark to a race at sea, before creating a whirlpool of electricity, trapping King Shark before stunning him with the lightning toss.
After King Shark was returned to A.R.G.U.S., Barry assembled the whole team at the Cortex, placing Jay's helmet in a glass case and vows to get faster to beat Zoom.
Jesse runs away
Harry later becomes part of an experiment to increase Barry's speed by having him run across a gorge; the attempt failed and Barry would've fallen to his death had not Cisco's drones rescued him.
Deciding to take a break, Jesse pleads with her father to let her go out clubbing with the team. He consented, but not before giving her his meta-detector. This later proved to be a mistake, as Jesse accidentally discovered the recording where he confesses to murdering Turtle.
After the appearance of another speedster who robbed the same club where Jesse was, incidentally framing the Flash, Harry and Caitlin are forced to reveal the existence of the Velocity serums to Barry and warn him of the fatal side effects. Harry later caught Barry stealing the one vial of Velocity 9 and talks him out of using it on himself, encouraging him to be more like Jay.
Subsequently, the new speedster, Trajectory, whom Caitlin recognized as her Mercury Labs colleague, Eliza Harmon, arrived at S.T.A.R. Labs, locking Barry in the Pipeline and taking Jesse hostage to force Caitlin and Harry to make more Velocity 9. Once they had done so, Eliza injected Jesse with the serum to test if they had put a sedative in it, causing Jesse to get a seizure. Eliza then runs off, giving Cisco an opening to release Barry, who chases after her but loses her.
Harry later sat by his daughter's side as she recovered and had to endure her anger at how he gambled with her life. Later on, Harry discovers a farewell letter from Jesse, who had left to explore a whole new world.
After Barry and Eliza's confrontation resulted in the latter disintegrating from an overdose of Velocity 9, Barry tells the team that he witnessed Eliza's lightning turn blue before she died. Harry then realized that Zoom is dying from Velocity 9 and needs Barry's speed to cure himself. Barry notes that Jay had the same disease. Harry then turned to Cisco, knowing his vibes could verify the truth. Cisco then confessed that he had been vibing Zoom since they closed the last breach, always in proximity to Jay's helmet. Upon vibing on it, Cisco sadly confirms that Jay is Zoom.
Harry later searched for Jesse for weeks to no avail. When he returned to S.T.A.R. Labs, he overhears Barry discussing his plan to go back in time one year to learn from Eobard Thawne how to get faster to defeat Zoom. Harry deplored his plan, reminding that Eobard had fifteen years to study Barry and would likely deduce what's going on, as well as the fact that he'd risk altering the timeline. Nonetheless, Barry went through with his plan.
Barry's successful time travel trip gave him information on tachyon enhancement, enabling the team to construct a tachyon enhancer. After a successful test run, Harry tells the team that there's no way to return to Earth-2. However, Barry suggests that Cisco could open a breach, given that he has the same powers as his doppelgänger Reverb.
Harry later visited Joe to ask him to try and convince Barry not to fight Zoom, but Joe stated that Barry can't be stopped when he's put his mind to something and that Harry should instead help him. Harry did just that by modifying Cisco's goggles to assist him in manipulating multi-dimensional energies. He joins Barry and Cisco at an abandoned hospital, which was a hotspot for multiversal energies. Cisco nearly opened a new breach, only to hesitate.
Later, Harry overhears Caitlin telling Barry about "Jay's" Earth-1 doppelgänger, Hunter Zolomon, expressing familiarity, revealing that Earth-2 Hunter is a convicted serial killer, "Jay's" true identity. He explained Hunter's backstory, how his father killed his mother, resulting in Hunter being sent into the foster care system. When Harry's particle accelerator exploded, Hunter was undergoing electro-shock therapy at the time when the dark matter hit, creating Zoom. Realizing that Hunter thinks his past is a secret, Barry decided to use this information to his advantage. He prepares himself and Joe with pulse rifles.
The trap was nearly effective, but Hunter removed the foot dampener and kidnapped Wally to force Barry to give up his speed to see Wally alive. Harry told Hunter that he would erase Hunter's smug smile before being forced to calibrate the devices he used to steal some of Barry's speed. As Barry ran on the treadmill, his speed was gradually transferred into Harry's device which Hunter then injected into himself, obtaining Barry's speed. Wally was subsequently released, but Hunter used the opportunity to try and kill a weakened Barry before he was stopped by Caitlin. Zoom then kidnapped Caitlin and took her to his base on Earth-2 (although Team Flash did not know where she was until much later), leaving Harry and the other members of Team Flash in shock.
When a version of Barry from 2018 and Nora West-Allen traveled back in time to 2016 in order to collect Harry's device to stop Cicada, Harry found 2018 Barry and alarmed him by aiming at him with his gun, before asking him how he changed so quickly out of his suit (mistaking 2018 Barry for his past self, who had just lost his speed to Zoom). Still reeling over Zoom's victory and success in stealing 2016 Barry's speed, Harry found the device and almost destroyed it in rage, but Barry managed to calm him down by telling Harry how he could save his daughter by locating her due to the different frequency at which individuals from Earth-2 vibrate. A frustrated Harry then told 2018 Barry to work to find Caitlin, still unaware that he was from the future.
Finding his daughter and having a realization
Harry blamed Barry for the loss of Barry's speed and Zoom gaining the upper hand. Iris and Joe tried to make him stop saying that as giving Barry's speed to Zoom was a decision taken by the team, although Harry disagreed while implying that he, for one, was not fully on board with Barry's decision. Harry finally figured out the whereabouts of his daughter since Earth-2 people vibrated at a different frequency, and he used cellular dead zones to track her down. When Harry arrived at the place in which Jesse stayed, he found her flatmate, who mocked Harry's gun before Harry asked her for Jesse. However, Jesse didn't want to go with him, blaming him for what happened and saying that his murder of Russell Glosson was a line that Harry crossed when trying to protect her, and demanded that Harry leave.
A visibly saddened Harry drove back to S.T.A.R. Labs and in his distraction, crashed into Griffin Grey, who used his super-strength to absorb the blow and direct it back at Harry's van, leaving Grey unharmed but harming Harry. Having stood directly in front of the van for a reason, Grey then kidnapped the unconscious Harry and took him to the Central City Amusement Park. After awakening, Harry learned Griffin's name and situation. Griffin was a meta-human created from Thawne's particle accelerator and wrongly thought Harry was the "Harrison Wells" who caused his situation. Griffin claimed that his powers were a curse and showed Harry his super-strength, but Harry said that Griffin's powers were impressive and Grey had no reason to hate it as much as he did. However, Grey then revealed the side effect of his powers: every time he used it, he would age rapidly and uncontrollably, and desperately needed a cure before he died of old age, kidnapping Harry so he could create said cure. While Team Flash, with Jesse's help, learned about the situation and tried to rescue him, Harry sought to make a cure to no avail. Griffin told Harry of his plans to marry and have a life with his girlfriend, all of which were ruined when he became a metahuman. Griffin scolded Harry and accused him of ruining lives with the particle accelerator, while still confusing him with Earth-1's "Harrison Wells".
Harry tried to fool Griffin by diluting the compound repeatedly, but Griffin saw through the act, having developed an apt knowledge of chemistry. Once Harry said that there was no fixing him, an enraged Griffin threw him to the ground. Team Flash found Griffin and tricked him to use his powers to make him age rapidly and die, although Barry wanted him to stop. When Harry was rescued, Jesse opened his cuffs and hugged him. He and Jesse went to their room in S.T.A.R. Labs, where they discussed. Harry told Jesse that his protective attitude came from the fear of losing her, the only other person Harry loved, after the death of Harry's wife. Jesse asked his father to stop being so overprotective of her to the point that he murdered, and Harry promised to be a father she could be proud of so long as Jesse didn't try to run away again. They hugged each other and Harry called her "Jesse Quick".
Later, Harry commented with Barry that, despite Griffin confusing Harry with Earth-1's "Harrison Wells" and speaking about him and not Harry, he couldn't help but feel that he had not fully repented for his own actions on Earth-2 and the fallout of his own particle accelerator explosion. As a result, when Barry asked how Team Flash would get his speed back, Harry said that he intended to right his wrongs and proposed the idea of recreating the particle accelerator explosion on Earth-1.
Restoring Barry's powers
Barry, however, was reluctant to recreate the particle accelerator explosion, and was instead content with projecting a hologram of the Flash to do crimefighting. Harry pointed out the flaws with his hologram in terms of actual combat and insisted that he could contain the accelerator explosion to S.T.A.R. Labs.
After Cisco escaped a near-death encounter with his brother Dante's doppelgänger, Rupture, Harry explained to the team how Zoom created his own meta-human army on Earth-2 and killed those who would not submit, making another appeal to restore Barry's powers.
Ultimately, Barry conceded to Harry's plan when Zoom murdered a number of officers, along with Rupture for failing him. After confining Wally and Jesse in the Time Vault, Harry recreated the circumstances of how Barry got his powers, with Cisco on the roof using the Wizard's Wand to summon a lightning bolt. However, the resulting accelerator explosion seemingly vaporized Barry. Zoom appeared soon after, mocking Team Flash for killing their hero before running off.
Henry was disgusted with him, but still assisted his daughter. Barry was released from the Speed Force by Iris and could defeat Tony Woodward easily.
After Black Siren destroyed Mercury Labs, Barry rescued Tina McGee and she revealed him that she'd known his identity all along. She was sent to S.T.A.R. Labs, where she asked if Harrison Wells had to do with the assault, to which Harry answers no, but confessing he did the first time. He and the team then filled her in on everything that'd happened.
Jesse noted that Harry genuinely cared about Team Flash.
After dinner, Zoom murdered Henry, which broke Barry. Most of the other teammates, including Harry, were among the ones who put him in the pipeline to prevent him from killing Hunter Zolomon. Wally disagreed and released him. Barry defeated Zoom by sending a time remnant of himself to sacrifice his life to stop the magnetar and to attract the time wraiths. After that, Cisco and Harry unmasked the prisoner, who was Jay Garrick, the Earth-3 counterpart of Henry Allen.
Before Harry, Jesse and Jay went to Earth-2, they bade farewell to their Earth-1 friends. Harry thanked Barry for making him a better person.
Telling Jay about Barry
On Earth-2, Harry explained to Jay what happened to Barry and why he was shocked of seeing him. Jay was afraid that Barry would take a bad decision, so he decided to keep an eye on him.
Testing Jesse's speed
Harry and Jesse were unaffected by Flashpoint, since they were on another Earth when that timeline was created. They came because Harry wanted the team to dissuade a Speed Force-powered Jesse from doing heroics. Harry finally desisted from that and gifted her Trajectory's suit.
To find a substitute for him, Harry sent his alternate selves on the multiverse an equation. When his Earth-19 counterpart appeared, Harry was very suspicious of him. After said counterpart, named H.R. Wells, arrived in Earth-1, Harry returned to his Earth alongside Jesse.
War with Grodd
Harry was eventually kidnapped by Grodd. Jesse went to warn Team Flash, who helped her. Then they went to Earth-2, but they were trapped.
Harry left Jesse on Earth-1 and went back to Earth-2, but asked Wally to take care after her.
Joe, Iris, and Wally went to Earth-2 to keep Iris safe from Savitar (a future evil time remnant of Barry Allen). After H. R. accidentally revealed Savitar that Iris was with Harry Wells, Savitar went after them. After that, Savitar apparently killed Iris, but H.R. was the real dead there, since he used the transmogrification device to switch likeness and place with Iris. While Harry despised H.R., he was saddened to learn that and appreciated his efforts as a hero. He persuaded Tracy Brand (H.R.'s girlfriend) to help Barry and Iris to create a means so Savitar did not get erased.
Finally, Savitar disappeared and Barry was taken into the Speed Force, so Harry decided to remain with Team Flash for a while.
Helping save Barry
Forming Jesse's team
After he returned home, he and Jesse formed a team similar to Team Flash. However, Harry Wells was so demanding and bossy that all of the other members, including Jesse, kicked him off the team. It may have also had to do with Jesse's attempt to have him accept the death of his wife.
Return to Team Flash
Having a life of his own
When he wanted to go to Earth-1, Jesse asked him to send Wally a break-up cube. He was first accused of lying because he had already tried to sabotage their relationship prior. However, Wally eventually discovered that Harry was telling the truth when he went to verify with Jesse.
Becky Sharpe ("Hazard") was causing bad luck in Central City that the particle accelerator turned on; while Cisco and Harry tried to stop, Harry had the idea to let it go so the bad luck would be negated. Harry was right, but he did not deduce it logically. After the Flash arrested Becky, Harry clunkily apologized to Cisco for his rude behavior and Cisco received him into the team.
Discovering Clifford DeVoe
After Barry revealed that a possible enemy of his would be named "DeVoe" as told to him by Savitar and Abra Kadabra, Harry and Cisco attempted to determine who DeVoe was but found it nearly impossible as they only had a surname to go off of. As a result, Harry assembled the Council of Wells, a group comprised of the smartest Harrison Wells doppelgängers in the multiverse, to help him with the task, and they were able to successfully determine DeVoe's identity as Clifford DeVoe and his location.
Harry subsequently provided backup with his gun as Barry and Joe went to confront Clifford at his home, but stood down when he found that Clifford was just a regular man in a wheelchair (although initially unknown to him and the rest of Team Flash, Clifford was just feigning innocence and he truly was the enemy Savitar described). However, once Clifford revealed his true colors during a confrontation with Barry, Harry learned of Clifford's real intentions and began to work with Team Flash to stop whatever he had planned.
Harry worked alongside Team Flash as they unraveled Clifford's history and continued to help them subdue other rogue bus metas that they encountered.
Crisis on Earth-X
Following the attack, Harry explained that there was a 53rd Earth in the multiverse outside of the known 52 nicknamed Earth-X due to the horrific conditions on the planet, so much so it was a place no sane person ever traveled to. Harry further explained that Earth-X's timeline was similar to those of other Earths but with one critical difference: the Nazis developed the atomic bomb before the Allies and won World War II, with the Earth-X Schutzstaffel obliterating major cities and establishing outposts throughout Europe and the Americas, later creating the New Reich. He additionally revealed that Hitler continued his brutal reign, supported by world leaders, until his death in 1994.
Harry worked with Team Flash, the Legends, Team Arrow, and Superfriends to prevent Kara Danvers from being killed to save her Earth-X counterpart and stop Earth-X's invasion of Earth-1, during which he learned that Eobard Thawne survived his supposed death at the hands of Black Flash and traveled to Earth-X where he assumed a Harrison Wells likeness (something Harry openly despised) and formed an alliance with the leaders of the New Reich. Despite his best efforts, Harry, along with Cisco, Dinah Drake, and Caitlin, were imprisoned in the S.T.A.R. Labs pipeline as the heroes were captured on Earth-X, allowing Thawne, Dark Arrow, and Overgirl to take over S.T.A.R. Labs in order to transfer Supergirl's heart into Overgirl.
Battle against DeVoe
During Christmas, he was decorating S.T.A.R. Labs along Ralph and Cisco. He was doing jokes about Killer Frost being "Baking soda".
When both Barry and Caitlin were kidnapped, Harry told Iris that she should choose between saving one of them due to limitation of resources.
While interacting with Cecile and her mind reading overload, he created the cerebral inhibitor.
Due to his frustration from failing to defeat DeVoe, he worked privately with Gideon to create a Thinking cap. Cisco Ramon was wary of it, since it corrupted DeVoe. He became addicted to the Thinking Cap to the point of becoming more aggressive because of it. This had Cisco and Joe worried. When Clifford and Marlize DeVoe assault S.T.A.R. Labs, he had Gideon empower the Thinking Cap.
Contrary to what he expected, the empowering was damaging his memory and stripped him of his scientific knowledge. He tried to contact the Council of Wells, but Harrison Wolfgang Wells expelled him from the team due to what happened to him. He and other rejects founded the Council of Harrisons, where he learned to use emotion rather than mind to predict what Clifford or Marlize would do.
He and Iris researched about Marlize's whereabouts. He insisted on contacting her, but Iris distrusted her. When going to her loft, he insulted it and Iris defending her home made both realize Marlize was in a place like home. Both traveled to England to get her and motivate her to save the world from Clifford's enlightenment.
During the Enlightenment, he was repeating phrases like "Nora shouldn't be here". Those phrases were prior said by Barry when he was released from the Speed Force. When the Enlightenment was fully averted and the falling satellite was stopped, Marlize built a device to restore his memories. When he used it, he mentioned that Cisco would always be his friend as an allusion to a Star Trek movie. However, while he remembered his friends and popular culture, he lost his scientific knowledge. He saw it as a blessing due to now having a balance between heart and mind. He then left to reunite with his daughter Jesse, returning to get a hug with them he forgot.
Regaining his intelligence
At some point after the final battle against DeVoe, Harry sent a hologram cube to Team Flash and explained that he was conducting a series of experiments to restore his intelligence and that there was progress.
Destruction of Earth-2
When the multiverse was restored during the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Harry and other doppelgangers of Harrison Wells were sent to Nash's mind. Nash was having visions of Harry and Sherloque for some time before Thawne possessed his body. After being exorcised, Cisco encouraged Nash to pursue a friendship with Allegra Garcia, a doppelganger of his late adoptive daughter, in the same way Cisco befriended Harry. Harry then encouraged Nash to follow Cisco's advice and admired his wisdom.
Harry appeared before Nash and told him that, because of the absence of Iris, Barry was changing and not being as heroic as he usually is.
As noted by his daughter, Jesse, Harry was once very similar in nature to his Earth-1 counterpart, being very kind and cheerful with an upbeat nature. However, after losing his wife, Harry grew bitter and cynical. Almost similar to Eobard Thawne, Harry carries himself in a very sardonic, egotistical manner. However, unlike Thawne, he is very blunt and inconsiderate. For example, he straight up told Cisco Ramon that they don't have to like each other in response to Cisco's initial wariness of the former. He laughed in amusement when told of Cisco's murder by Thawne in an alternate timeline and he bluntly told the man known to him as Jay Garrick that the Flash of Earth-2 wasn't hunting or even fighting Zoom but was hunted by Zoom instead, even though he never knew the truth of the matter. Wells lacked a certain point of sarcasm which seemed strange to most Team Flash's members.
Harry also seems to be rather unrepentant about his actions; despite knowing that his particle accelerator was responsible for the creation of Earth-2 meta-humans, he did not divulge this information to the public, instead trying to profit from the subsequent scare. Harry felt justified in this by the fact that his work was unraveling the mysteries of the universe. It wasn't until Jesse was kidnapped by Zoom did Harry begin to get involved in the quest to stop the evil speedster. Harry's experiences with Team Flash seemed to have awoken the conscience he ignored in the past in favor of progress as he now questions what good he has done when confronted with his character flaws that ultimately drove away his daughter, only for his friends to remind him that in spite of all his rough edges he is a hero to his core.
However, Harry's harsh attitude appears to be derived from a desperation to save his daughter, showing that he does indeed actually care quite a bit for others that are close to him. His devotion to his daughter makes him emotionally blind, resulting in him endangering Barry Allen's life in his desperate attempt to get his daughter back but even so, he felt guilty for getting Barry injured. He is even willing to kill bystanders he deems necessary for the sake of saving his daughter, as seen from him killing Russell Glosson to harness power against Zoom, much like Eobard similarly willing to murder anyone seen an obstacle of returning to his own time. Harry's problem is that he is so heartbroken after losing his wife that he has become more bitter and very fearful of engaging to people to then lose them.
Despite his reclusive nature, he does care about those around him. He felt guilty for getting Barry injured when he first confronted Zoom, almost leaving to go back to his Earth to prevent any more of Team Flash from being hurt. He was also willing to risk his life to save Caitlin Snow from Grodd dressing up as the Reverse-Flash to try and trick Grodd into releasing her.
Since the start of his collaboration with Team Flash, Harry has become noticeably more humble and open with others, like his Earth-1 counterpart. While still desperate to save his daughter, he is willing to risk his own life to help and protect others, such as when he was shown trying to collect all the bombs (albeit in a manner that made him look like the Grinch) distributed by Trickster and Weather Wizard as Christmas gifts to the children of Central City as insurance that the Flash would not fight back. He advised Barry to not tell Patty Spivot of being the Flash of Earth-1, as doing so would undoubtedly make Patty a prime target for Zoom, just like his daughter was.
Harry achieved a reconciliation with Jay of sorts after the latter saved his life, his greatest relationship improvement has been with Cisco, where initially they both could barely stand to be in the same room. However, over the course of their war with Zoom, Cisco and Harry has been shown to build a rapport, work together on difficult tasks, even engage in friendly banter, such as the duo simultaneously calling Barry's new plan to deal with the zombie Girder, Plan H, after Cisco had mentioned to Wells that Plans A through G had failed minutes earlier. Harry has single-handedly helped Cisco hone and discovered more about Cisco's vibe abilities than anyone else on the team. The duo still manages to annoy one another, such as Cisco by slurping his coffee as loudly as possible despite Harry asking him not to, and Harry tossing Cisco nitrous grenades, which had the potential to bring the entire S.T.A.R. Labs down.
Sometimes, Harry is even shown to have a rather dry sense of humor. Some notable examples include him instructing Joe West, a seasoned police officer, to fire a specialized gun simply by pointing and shooting, telling Earth-2 Barry to go easy on Earth-1 Barry, after Earth-2 Barry finds out his Earth-1 counterpart kissed his wife, and pretending to Joe that he had little idea of what Team Flash's latest invention to get rid of all Earth-2 meta-humans actually did, in order to Joe feel better about his technological ineptitude, who was disappointed that he had been had once Harry revealed he knew exactly what it did. Like Cisco, he is also an avid fan of movies. He is shown making a "Godfather" reference by asking why Central City was not swimming with the fishes when inquiring as to how Weather Wizard's original attack had not succeeded. When Cisco was surprised that Earth-2 has the Godfather, he replies "Every Earth has the Godfather, Vito". The Duo also thought that their plan to rescue Jesse was similar to the Princess Leia rescue plan from Star Wars, except without a trash compactor. Right before leaving for Earth-2, Cisco was complaining about how he had no split. Harry mistook this as Cisco making a Jaws reference.
Harry is also shown taking unconventional methods and was willing to risk his own life to obtain results since the beginning of his collaboration, such as when he dawned Eobard's suit in order to go rescue Caitlin from Grodd, which led to him being attacked by both Grodd and Barry, and later again to help Cisco better hone the latter's abilities. This is in stark contrast with the Harrison Wells who kept his particle accelerator mishap a secret and instead opted to create meta-human detectors from the catastrophe the mishap led to. Though, his willingness to down anything he needs to, has not always been used for the betterment of the team, as he is also shown stealing Barry's power in an effort to get his daughter back (albeit later confessing to Barry and his team). Harry was very guilt-ridden for this betrayal, to the point that he finally admitted it openly. Wanting to correct his mistake, he instructed Barry to close all bridges between Earths One and Two so Zoom can't return and face the consequences of his actions. He is also shown asking others for help, such as when he asked Joe to plead to Barry to not re-open the breaches to Earth-2, something he would have never done before.
Harry appeared prejudiced against French people, disregarding his Francophone doppelgänger from another universe, saying that he "can't trust a mime", despite French Wells's solving of the equation.
Despite his intelligent and egotistical nature, Harry has displayed a great dislike towards doppelgängers of himself. His interactions initially with H.R. were of a latent hostility about him lacking the genius Harry had and outwardly called him a "moron". It's implied this dislike was only a result of H.R. being the preferred Wells on Team Flash compared to Harry. However, after H.R.'s sacrifice to save Iris West from Savitar leading to his own death, Harry showed a high level of respect to his doppelgänger's bravery and even attended the latter's funeral. Also, Harry found the Council of Wells insufferable at first due to sharing many of the negative traits that he shared despite being the founder of said council, though with advice from Cisco he learned to consider them his friends eventually.
With his interactions with the far smarter Thinker, Harry has shown a strong inferiority complex when his intelligence is beaten. When he can't find a solution, he feels useless as he takes pride in the fact that he could find an answer to anything. But when he can't out-think DeVoe, he becomes closed off and irritable to everyone around him. He has even been willing to put himself at risk to boost his intelligence to try matching his intellectual rival. After the creation of his Thinking Cap, Harry became addicted to using the device to the point where he would apply it as a common part of his daily life just for menial tasks, concerning Joe to the point he compared his obsession with using the device to Francine West's drug addiction. Even this dissuasion wasn't able to permanently stop Harry's addiction to the device, as he had became so obsessed with becoming able to outsmart DeVoe that he even finally had Gideon add dark matter to his thinking cap, despite knowing how it had corrupted DeVoe.
This had devastating results, as his neurons were catastrophically killed and he began to steadily lose his intelligence. Effectively disillusioned and finally seeing just how far he had became and now was facing true inevitable uselessness, Harry felt deep shame over this and hid his condition from everyone, effectively disillusioned from using the device, to the point of revealing it to Cisco to stop him from making the same mistake. However, with help from the Council of Harrisons, he learned to be more empathetic, which allowed him to predict that Marlize DeVoe abandoned her husband and that she would be the key to stop him. After DeVoe was defeated, shortly before which Harry's brain finally expired, going into a catatonic state, often mumbling insanely and mostly despondent, Marlize left a program with Team Flash to restore Harry's intelligence. Although the program gave him a human mind, his memories of his loved ones and knowledge about popular culture, it failed to restore his scientific knowledge but at this point, Harry, having gained a more empathetic and kinder nature as a result, thought of this as a blessing, since for him he now had a balance of mind and heart, and he also became humbled, as he openly admitted to Team Flash that he could no longer be held in regard to his intellect, and no longer possessed 7 PhDs due to the decreased state of his mind.
Powers and abilities
- Bond with Harrison Nash Wells: After the Crisis, all the Harrison Wells in the multiverse merged their consciences into Nash Wells, the sole surviving Wells, as a result Harry, Sherloque Wells, Wells the Grey, New York Wells, and all the their multiversal Wells inhabit Nash’s mind and can communicate with him.
- Agility: Harry proven himself to be very nimble and agile at times, such as when he did a dolphin-dive and shot a blast from his energy rifle at Zoom.
- Genius-level intellect/Great business acumen/Master tactician and leader: Harry was an extremely hyper-intelligent and methodically calculating man, excelling in several fields of science and having 7 PhDs. Even as a child, Harry's intelligence was good enough to have solved Einstein's riddle. His intelligence was noted to even exceed Eobard Thawne's, a well-regarded genius even by the late 22nd century's standards. He was a great leader, businessman and tactician, as he managed to run S.T.A.R. Labs very successfully for over two decades and completely conceal his part in the creation of his world's meta-humans, being able to instead use their dangerous status as a boon for his business by providing any assistance he could to deal with the meta-humans, and highly insightful to everyone's plans, Harry was able to keep Team Flash well-organized and develop successful plans to help them prevail when he helped. During the period he lost the majority of his mental parameters due to a dark matter overload, the experienced allowed him to gain the ability to fully understand others emotions and use them to predict their behavior as he accurately inferred Marlize DeVoe abandoned her husband.
- Master Investigator: Harry was an exceptional investigator. Despite his initial lack of interest in personally dealing with the metahumans of his earth, he was able to research in secret and gather a considerable amount of information on them, knowing that Linda Park was Doctor Light, Shay Lamden was King Shark, and he was also capable of figuring out with little clues that Russell Glosson kept the things he stolen in a storage space. He even had knowledge of Hunter Zolomon's career as a serial killer and though he could not at first figure out that Hunter was both "Jay Garrick" and Zoom, he was able to piece together from Hunter's electro-shock theraphy and subsequent escape that he was Zoom.
- Master scientist/Engineer: Excelling in several scientific fields and having 7 PhDs, Harry was an ingeniously resourceful and brilliant scientist and engineer, making great advancements to numerous fields of science and developing numerous futuristic tech through his scientific company S.T.A.R. Labs, which under his leadership was among the forerunners on the fields of artificial intelligence, genetics, and meta-human studies. His knowledge and understanding of dark matter physics was commendable: He was able to invent a particle accelerator that not only effectively recreated the dark matter explosion that gave birth to the first generation of Earth-1 meta-humans but he also successfully prevented any damage by piping the explosion underground, a method that not even Eobard could come up with, and was later able to refine the process so that it would be contained in S.T.A.R Labs. He had a considerable understanding of interdimensional physics, as he was able to figure out means to open interdimensional breaches, notably entering Earth-1 twice without aid from a Speedster, develop a way to close the breaches with quark matter energy and later on deduce that Cisco's powers could unlock the breaches again. His knowledge of genetics, especially regarding meta-humans, successfully created Next gen watches with an app that could detect meta-humans and he was also able to create an algorithm to track King Shark. Harry has also shown noticeable talent at creating gadgets capable of increasing the potency of meta-human powers, as he modified both Doctor Light's gloves and Cisco's glasses to increase the potency and accuracy of their powers and successfully created a tachyon device capable of enhancing Barry's powers to the point of outpacing Zoom. At one point, out of frustration of being unable to outsmart DeVoe to protect the bus metas, Harry suggested performing an intercellular surgery on the remaining bus meta to alter their DNA so DeVoe can't absorb their powers, indicating his scientific expertise also extended to him being a masterful medic, being confident he could safely perform such complex surgeries. Being aware of the metaphysical Speed Force, Harry displayed thorough knowledge of the Speed Force's chemical compounds and structure, having developed a serum capable of weakening a speedster and the speed-enhancing Velocity serums, only failing due to his lack of biochemistry expertise, and was able to successfully create Velocity 6 with help from Caitlin. When presented with Velocity 9 and it's effects from Trajectory's death, Harry was able to quickly deduce that Zoom was dying from cellular degeneration and could be cured with Barry's speed. Harry was even able to develop a Speed Force transmitter capable of stealing the Speed Force from a speedster from research of The Turtle, a feat that not even Zoom nor Eobard could figure out and was able to convert the transmitter into a miniaturized tachyon device for Barry to use in his device. Harry also swiftly realized that Cisco was being affected by Thawne's presence and the only way to save him was to return Thawne to his time and managed to figure out a way to do so by having both Barry and Thawne run at sufficient speeds to open a wormhole and then have Barry provide the momentum needed to hurl Thawne through the wormhole. He was likewise able to render himself immune to speedsters phasing powers by infusing himself with nanites. He also successfully analyzed the Magnetar can act as a pulsar and figured out that Zoom and Barry's combined energies could be a power source potent enough to destroy every other planet on the multiverse. Harry was also a key helper, along with Tina McGee and Tracy Brand, of Cisco in modifying the Speed Force bazooka and using a Quark Sphere to release Barry from the Speed Force prison. Harry was also proven highly competent in the fields of neurochemical engineering and sound science, having created an extremely powerful reverbating sound amplifier that could emit 100 watt worth of frequency enough to knock out every Earth-2 being and a scepter capable of emitting powerful sonic waves independent of technology and designed a device capable of disrupting inbound brainwave broadcasts, which he modified to do the opposite and was also able to swiftly analyze how DeVoe's Thinking Cap worked and apply the same process of reengineering the brain's neurochemicals on himself to a lesser but safe extent, creating a modified version of the Thinking Cap that operated at low power, which he would later modify to be able to absorb dark matter from DeVoe's attack only to overload the Thinking Cap in process, damaging his brain. Harry was also able to program Cisco's drone so it would emit a magnetic field strong enough to pull in over 100 bombs and send them through a breach in the sky. Even with all his scientific knowledge gone, Harry was able to relearn his skills to conduct a series of experiments to restore his intelligence and ultimately regain his highest thought parameters by later 2019.
- Hacking: Harry was able to hack into the security footage of S.T.A.R Labs to see how DeVoe gained his superhuman intelligence.
- Master Mathematician: Harry had incredible mathematical abilities, being able to create a deeply complex equation that few of his doppelgangers could solve. He was also able to correctly calculate the amount of frequency needed to overwhelm every Earth-2 being to the point of unconsciousness and even accurately calculated the precise amount of dark matter needed to safely reengineer his neurochemicals.
- Master of deception/Manipulator: Harry was highly skilled in acting and deceiving and was also quite capable of being manipulative, having managed to fool the entirety of Earth-2 in regards to where the meta-humans came from and instead manipulate the situation to his advantage, getting more supporters from his ability to provide useful contribution to the problem of meta criminals. Harry was also successful in manipulating Barry into becoming confident he could defeat Zoom in a failed attempt to at long last capture him, which went unnoticed to Team Flash or Barry until he revealed himself. His impression of Eobard Thawne was accurate enough for Cisco to appear nervous and to fool Grodd. Harry was also able to fool Team Flash that he was stealing Barry's speed slowly and they never found him out as Harry revealed himself instead.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: Harry has some experience in hand-to-hand combat, as he was able to go head-on with Hunter Zolomon, yet the exact level of his combat skills is unknown, as the fight was broken up by Barry Allen.
- Brain damage: After overloading the Thinking Cap's capacities with an overdose of dark matter, Harry's mind was permanently damaged, unable to apply his high-level mental performances anymore, which even reached to the point where he entered a catatonic and unresponsive state. Later however, after the program Marlize created for Team Flash managed to restore him to his original state, he ultimately regained his highest thought parameters in late 2019.
- Mercury Labs energy rifle: Shortly after coming to Earth-1, Harry stole a pulse rifle from Mercury Labs. It can fire a beam of energy which is very powerful, capable of blasting holes through walls and hurting durable enemies like King Shark.
- Thinking Cap: In order to help Team Flash defeat Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker, Harry created a modified version of the Thinking Cap that DeVoe used. It increased Harry's intelligence to the point he was able to figure out the names of the last two remaining bus meta-humans, something the entirety of Team Flash was unable to do.
- Phasing immunity via nanite infusion: After encountering both Zoom and Savitar, Harry injected a nanobot infusion into his body. This infusion is designed to attack any foreign cells that try to speed into Harry's system, which makes him immune to a speedster's ability to phase through his body (and, as Eobard Thawne loves to do when killing his victims, crush, or completely remove, their heart).
- Next gen watch: Wells invented the next gen watch, it has a meta-human awareness app that detects the presence of nearby dark matter-empowered meta-humans and alert in the presence of those with the power of super speed, such as Hunter Zolomon or Barry Allen. It was used on Earth-2 by many people. Wells was able to detect if Cisco was a meta-human. Wells also used the watch as a recording device to log in his entries.
- Meta-human detection: Using the meta-human awareness app, the watch will produce a red alert in the direct presence of a dark matter-empowered meta-human.
- Speedster detection: The watch will also produce an alert in the presence of those with the power of super speed, such as Hunter Zolomon or Barry Allen.
- Audio recording: The watch can be used as a recording device.
- Meta-human detection: Using the meta-human awareness app, the watch will produce a red alert in the direct presence of a dark matter-empowered meta-human.
- Speed Force transmitter: Wells took The Turtle's power after they caught him and created a device to siphon/harness Barry's speed energy and attaches behind the emblem of his suit.When Barry goes after Joey, the device works and permanently steals 2% of Barry's speed, slowing him down. Wells gives the energy to Zoom, who demands the rest. While going after Joey a second time, Iris is injured when Barry is too slow to save her. Wells later use the particles equation to increase Barry's speed. When they exchange Wally for Barry's Speed Force, Wells inserts the Speed Force transmitter into Barry's suit. Barry uses the treadmill so that his Speed Force can be extracted. All of his speed is taken and Zoom injects it to himself.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Chronicles of Cisco
- Harry had repeatedly been mistaken for the counterpart of Eobard Thawne by members of Team Flash despite being the Earth-2 counterpart of the genuine Harrison Wells from Earth-1, as he had to repeatedly correct them. Despite this, the team still continues to differentiate Harry by referring to Eobard as the "other Wells."
- Due to Thawne's actions on Earth-1 while under the guise of Harrison Wells, Harry is forced to conceal his face by using a cap and sunglasses while out in public. It is unknown whether Harry gained access to H.R.'s facial transmogrification device to make this easier, although this is unlikely.
- There have been few instances where Harry's life was actually in danger because Earth-1 residents believed that he was Eobard Thawne.
- For example, Harry was nearly fatally shot by Officer Patty Spivot while she was under the impression that he was a criminal. He was on the verge of death before being saved by "Jay Garrick." Likewise, the first time Joe walked into S.T.A.R. Labs when Harry was there, he shot on sight and would've killed him if Barry hadn't caught the bullets.
- Harry was also kidnapped by Griffin Grey as revenge for Thawne's particle accelerator failure, which caused Grey to receive super strength but age uncontrollably. Grey demanded that Harry reverse his condition while believing that he was talking to the Earth-1 "Wells." Harry was later rescued by Team Flash while Grey succumbed to his condition and died of old age.
- Cisco Ramon refers to Harry as the "dickish Wells" due to his poor people skills.
- He was also once referred to by Barry Allen as "Dr. Wells: The Sequel".
- Harry's daughter Jesse's blood type is PZ Negative, something that doesn't exist on Earth-1. Harry's specific blood type is unconfirmed, but he's stated that he's a compatible match.
- Harry brushes his teeth front to back.
- It's implied that Harry cannot speak Latin, unlike Eobard.
- Apparently, Harrison Wells doesn't exist on Supergirl's Earth. However, as shown by Jay Garrick being Henry Allen's counterpart from Earth-3, doppelgängers do not necessarily always have the same name.
- Harry shares similarities with Martin Stein:
- Both have provided central technical support to Team Flash in Eobard's place.
- Both have had encounters with Eobard involving identity theft.
- Both are incredibly challenging fathers to their respective daughters
- Once Harry's thought processes are limited by the Thinking Cap, he becomes no longer focused on facts, and more on feelings. This type of idyllic nature is quite similar to that of H.R. Wells, a man whom he previously despised.
Behind the scenes
- Harry is the seventh character in the Arrowverse to have his civilian name in an episode title, after Sara Lance, Felicity Smoak, Harrison Wells, Oliver Queen, Alex Danvers, and Zari Tarazi.
- Harry's blood type, "PZ Negative", may be a reference to his impersonator Eobard Thawne (in DC Comics) having the title of Professor Zoom and is the wielder of Negative Speed Force.
- Even though Harrison Wells does not originate from the DC comics, as he is an original character specifically created for the show, another brief character, only known as "Dr. Wells", appeared in the tie-in DC comic book of the 1990s The Flash TV series titled, (January, 1991).
- Even before that, a villainous character known as Dr. Wells, sporting similar looks, appeared in the 1973-1985 animated series Super Friends.
- Harry has appeared on four shows in the Arrowverse, having to appear on all shows except for and . His appearances is just after Harrison Nash Wells due to Nash's significant role in .
List of things he created, modified, contributed
- Particle accelerator: Like Eobard Thawne (masquerading as Harrison Wells of Earth-1), Harry Wells of Earth-2 created a particle accelerator. Unlike Earth-1 "counterpart", he didn't create an explosion, but rather let the dark matter outburst flow underneath Central City, thus creating metahumans.
- Meta-human detector app: This app was created by Harry to instantly detect Meta-human, know their presence and to find them.
- Speed dampening serum: Wells was working on a serum on Earth-2 to stop Zoom. He finalized it in Earth-1. He tried to use it to stop Zoom but ended up using it on Barry Allen.
- Velocity 6: This serum was created in order to help increase Barry and Hunter Zolomon's speed temporarily in the fight against Zoom. It is used by Hunter reluctantly years later in order to phase through Harry's chest and remove a bullet after he was shot by Patty Spivot.
- Vibe glasses: Harry also modified the glasses to help control Cisco Ramon's powers, as well as increasing them. He did this by calibrating them in a different frequency. By doing this Cisco's powers have increased to the point where Cisco can now open breaches to other Earths.
- Tachyon unit: Harry created a variant of the tachyon prototype for Barry to use in order to increase his speed.
- Speed Force transmitter: Initially created to steal Barry Allen's speed for Hunter Zolomon, Harry later converted this into a "miniature tachyon device" to increase Barry's speed.
- Time Vault: Like Eobard Thawne, Harry created a Time Vault, though only using it as a hidden bunker in the likelihood that Zoom were to be hunting him. It is well stocked with a variety of weaponry and food supplies.
- Thinking Cap: Like DeVoe, Harry created a thinking cap in order to help Team Flash figure out the identities of the last two bus metas.
- Sonic Scepter: An item to launch sonic waves strong enough. Since they do not depend on electrical technology, Kilg%re's powers would not work on it. It was built as a means to combat Clifford DeVoe, since he was weak to sonic waves and he'd absorbed Ramsey Deacon's powers.
List of individuals he nicknamed
|Other versions of Harry Wells|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Harrison Wells.|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 12 • 13 • 17 • 19 • 22 • 24 • 25 • 27 • 47 • 221 • TUD1 • TUD2 • TUD12 • TUD20 • Netherverse • Eobard Thawne|