"Heart of the Matter, Part 2" is the eighteenth and final episode of the seventh season of , and the one-hundred-fifty-first episode overall. It aired on July 20, 2021. It acts as the second half of a two-part episode.
|The Flash enlists a host of speedster allies, including Iris and his children from the future—Bart and Nora West-Allen – to end the speedster war and defeat a deadly new adversary: the villainous Godspeed.|
The scene opens with Bart still in a trance like state and Nora stressed and steamed at her sibling's circumstance, however the whole situation they end up in. Caitlin attempts to console her, yet can't.
In the city into Central City, Joe and Kramer escape their vehicle as the Godspeed clone battle raises.
Inside August's brain, Barry stands up to him concerning what he needs, and in the wake of playing with Barry for a bit, August uncovers that what he needs is natural speed. August considers himself to be being the God of Speed and the only one deserving of it. In the event that Barry doesn't give him natural speed - instead of the counterfeit speed he has now - he will annihilate Central City and the world. He additionally uncovers that his present cognitive decline isn't a demonstration. Barry declines.
Barry discloses to everybody what August needs. Nora demands that they need to give him speed, however Barry conflicts. Jay and Barry conceptualize on an arrangement. Somewhere else, Cecile talks with August (who doesn't have his memory however is presently mindful he's a beast) who is distressed. Cecile reveals to him that trouble makers don't feel this sort of regret and perhaps what's to come isn't settled forever. Chester discovers Allegra and gives her a genuinely necessary motivational speech.
Barry's arrangement winds up being getting Speed Force Nora. She gives them each of the a lift - including Iris, as she has a sparkle of Speed Force. It brings Bart back also. Bart has a contacting second with Jay, calling him Uncle Jay.
Back on the scaffold, Joe and Kramer attempt to save individuals when a Godspeed clone assaults Joe. Unexpectedly, Kramer speeds him away, saving his life much to both of their astonishment, however Kramer implodes whenever they've arrived at wellbeing.
The gathered group of speedsters face the Godspeed clones in an epic fight and from the get go, it goes well indeed, however at that point they unexpectedly begin to re-energize, depleting Speed Force Nora and the others. She leaves, yet Allegra appears with the SEE, super charging it. The clones are down, yet the machine is seared and more clones are coming. Reaching an impasse, Nora makes one more request to simply give August natural speed.
Barry and Iris choose to do it. They set the analysis up. August says he will attempt to return not a miscreant. The exchange is effective, however August returns the scoundrel. Barry advises everybody to remain at STAR regardless occurs as he and Iris have an arrangement and afterward hurries off after Godspeed. Godspeed gets back to his clones to him and plans to kill The Flash.
In the Forces HQ, Iris fills in as an anchor for Speed Force Nora while outside in reality, The Flash and Godspeed fight. Things look grim and Bart attempts to go assistance, yet Jay stops him and gives him some insight, keeping him there. Similarly as Godspeed goes to kill The Flash, another speedster appears - Thawne. The two adversaries are collaborating to bring down Godspeed. After a strained fight, Reverse-Flash wounds Godspeed, finishing things (Godspeed doesn't bite the dust.) With Godspeed far removed, Thawne turns on Barry and attempts to kill him, however is staggered to find that Barry is currently quicker than he is. A disappointed Thawne races off to get quicker so he can overcome him.
With everything done, Iris clarifies that Speed Force Nora took advantage of the Negative Speed Force to get Thawne in light of the fact that they realized that Thawne couldn't let any other person kill Barry. Godspeed is presently in Iron Heights, his memory of who Barry is taken out. Barry requests Iris to renew their wedding vows, as they never truly got a genuine wedding.
Kramer's meets Joe West and confirms to him that she is a meta-human and that her powers consist on copying the powers of another meta-humans in her prsence and in the midst of outrageous pressure. Adam was right, she ought to have kicked the bucket in the Army assault, yet she was near his undying mending powers, which saved her. Since she was close to speedsters, she became one to save Joe. Acknowledging what her activities have caused, she revealed she decided to take an indefinite leave of absence from the CCPD to reflect on her campaign against meta-humans. Joe tells her she could call her Joe instead of Detective West.
A couple of days after the fact, Team Flash - including Bart, Nora, Jay, and Joan - meet at the West house for Barry and Iris' vow renewal. Frost has some reluctance to enter due to her bad experiences with the Nazi Invasion and remembering that Mark Blaine abandoned her, but still enters with Caitlin. Cisco was the minister after he made a last-minute resarch prior. Despite the intent to make the event simple, Bart sings "1949" for his parents. He is congratulated by Barry with his tendency to use the word "crash", but Bart was awkward with his father's usage of the word. After Cisco hears Barry and Iris' vows, Barry uses flashtime to feel his kiss to Iris more passionately.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen/The Flash
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow and Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Mecha-Vibe
- Danielle Nicolet as Defense Attorney Cecile Horton
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia
- Brandon McKnight as Chester P. Runk
- Jesse L. Martin as Joe West
Special guest star
- Jordan Fisher as Bart Allen/Impulse
- Michelle Harrison as the Speed Force and Dr. Joan Williams
- Carmen Moore as Captain Kristen Kramer
- Karan Oberoi as August Heart/Godspeed
- John Wesley Shipp as Dr. Jay Garrick/The Flash
Special appearance by
- Unknown as Godspeed clones
- This episode marks the final appearance of Carlos Valdes (Cisco Ramon) as a series regular.
- This episode marks the return of Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash who last appeared in the Season 6 episode "".
- This is the first season finale of to not end on a cliffhanger.
- This episode broke ""'s previous record of the most speedsters appearing in one episode with a total of eight: Barry Allen/The Flash, Iris West-Allen/The Flash, Nora West-Allen/XS, Bart Allen/Impulse, Jay Garrick/The Flash, the Speed Force, August Heart/Godspeed and Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash. In addition to those eight, Kristen Kramer used speed via her power mimicry to save Joe West.
- Nora calls the physical manifestation of the Speed Force "Big Nora" while Bart calls it "Speed Force Nana".
- The Speed Force gave Eobard a physical body again so he could help Barry take down Godspeed.
- After Godspeed, Barry, and Eobard produce lighting constructs that are similar to swords, they have a fight that is reminiscent of the lightsaber duels from the Star Wars franchise.
- After 7 years, Barry has surpassed Eobard in terms of physical speed.
- Kramer, who hates meta-humans, is ironically revealed to be a meta-human who can copy other the abilities of any meta in close proximity.
- Frost saying that she hates weddings is a reference to the events of "", where she (as Caitlin Snow) attended Barry and Iris' wedding ceremony, which was ultimately interrupted by Nazis from Earth-X.
- The final scene of this episode taking place on a Tuesday is a reference to the fact that new episodes of The Flash usually air on Tuesdays.
- Grant Gustin (Barry Allen) and Candice Patton (Iris West-Allen) had previously expressed interest in having a wedding vow renewal for their characters in because they had discomfort with how the wedding was done and wanted to have a wedding event for their characters in their own series instead of a "shotgun wedding" on .
|Reflections and Lies|
|"" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
|"" • "" • ""|
|The Godspeed Imperative|
|"" • "" • "" • " "|