Hellgrammites are an insectoid species that hail from the late planet Hellgram.
An unnamed Hellgrammite was arrested by Krypton's military guild, brought before Alura Zor-El, and sentenced to Fort Rozz. After Fort Rozz's crash to Earth, the Hellgrammite escaped along with the rest of his fellow convicts. In his criminal activities this Hellgrammite allied with the Astra and Non's army and the Children of Liberty but was arrested by the D.E.O.
Hellgrammites' natural form resembles a large grasshopper-like insectoid. They possesses superhuman strength and leaping abilities, the power to secrete adhesives and weave transformative or imprisoning cocoons, and a durable exoskeleton.
Powers and abilities
- Super strength: Hellgrammites are much stronger than a normal human. One Hellgramite was shown to be strong enough to pluck Alex Danvers from a moving vehicle and carry her off.
- Super leaping: Hellgrammites are able to jump extreme distances.
- Shapeshifting: Hellgrammites are able to camouflage themselves into any shape desired.
- Stingers: Hellgrammites are able to eject lethal stingers from their body.
- Multilingual: Hellgrammites are capable of learning to speak other languages very quickly.
- Hellgrammite blood: Hellgrammites' blood had a chlorine foundation instead of being carbon based like humans. On Earth Hellgrammites must consume chemicals to replicate home planet's atmospheric conditions, DDT was the closest thing on Earth that the Hellgrammites could find to food.