- "I've seen this before. In 1945, Hitler and his men were equally shortsighted."
- "Hitler was driven by passion and childish need. Oliver is ten times the man Hitler ever was."
- —Eobard Thawne and Kara on Hitler[src]
Hitler (died 1994) was a dictator and a conqueror of the world in the 20th century, as well as the first Führer of the Nazi Party on Earth-X. Under his reign, the Nazis, using nuclear weapons, conquered most of his universe's Earth and created the worldwide New Reich. He was eventually succeeded as der Führer by Oliver.
Hitler led the Nazi Party on Earth-X, taking over Germany, similarly to how his Earth One counterpart started out in Nazi Germany. Unlike the other Hitler, who lost World War II in 1945, Hitler was successful in World War II of his Earth, with the Nazis developing nuclear weaponry earlier than the United States, and using the weapons to destroy Paris, London, Moscow and New York. Creating the SS organization, Hitler spread their outposts all around the world, including in the Americas. Leaving presidents and prime ministers sympathetic in him at their places, Hitler continued his brutal reign on, effectively, the entire world, now united as the "New Reich", until his death in 1994.
Hitler left a legacy of strife and brutality in his wake, creating a world where there are no elementary schools and summer camps, but instead youth groups and military training, where citizens have no choice in how to live out their lives and undesirables are thrown into concentration camps. He installed an ideology based upon hating the weak and putting strength above everything else, with willing disregard for morality and the concept of "heroism". Hitler's New Reich, using technologies created by rebel groups, was able to access alternate dimensions and try invade other universes, expanding itself even further than under Hitler himself.
Hitler, along with his Earth One counterpart, was considered to be shortsighted by Eobard Thawne. Kara described him as passionate, yet childish. Hitler was described by Harry Wells, who researched Earth-X history, as a brutal leader.
Powers and abilities
- High-level intellect/Master Tactician/Leader/Politics: Hitler led the Nazi Party and the SS on Earth-X, conquering the world and establishing a worldwide New Reich. Like on Earth One, Hitler was behind a plan to arm the German side of World War II with atomic weaponry, but actually succeeding in this endeavor, resulting in him winning the war.
- This version of Hitler's first name is not mentioned.
Behind the scenes
- Historically, Adolf Hitler was a German dictator who was the leader of the Nazi Party, and Der Führer ("the leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. He initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, later conquering many countries of Europe, including France and great parts of the Soviet Union. Nazi Germany and its Axis allies intended to divide the whole world between themselves in the form of a New World Order, which is referenced by him being compared to the eventual world-conqueror Vandal Savage in DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
- In DC Comics continuity, there are many versions of Adolf Hitler, but the most similar one appeared in the original "Crisis on Earth-X!", in which Adolf Hitler took over the world, similarly to the TV adaptation.
|Other versions of Hitler (Earth-X)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth Name below for that earth's counterpart of Adolf Hitler.|
|Earth: One• X|