- "Jon, if there's anyone here who gets what you're going through, It's me. I know what it's like to be in the orbit of someone who can juggle semitrucks, and you want to help out. You want to save the world and all you can do is just stand there holding the wrench. And I know the fear of being vulnerable, and I want to teach you some ways to handle that. But right now, I just want you to know that we're on the same team. We are the extraordinary humans in a family of superpeople, and we have to stick together."
- —Lois Lane to Jonathan Kent on their human nature compared to their respective world.
"Holding the Wrench" is the eighth episode of the first season of , and the eighth episode overall. It aired on June 1, 2021.
|Clark encourages Lois to reach out for help after noticing her reaching a breaking point. Meanwhile, Jonathan finds himself in a dangerous situation. Lastly, Kyle encourages Sarah to audition for the musical revue at school.|
- Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman and Kal-El/Superman
- Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane and Lois Lane (Earth-TUD22)
- Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent
- Alex Garfin as Jordan Kent
- Erik Valdez as Fire Chief Kyle Cushing
- Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing
- Wolé Parks as John Henry Irons
- Adam Rayner (credit only)
- Dylan Walsh as General Sam Lane
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang Cushing
- Hesham Hammoud as Lieutenant Reno Rosetti
- Daisy Tormé as A.I. Device (voice)
- Leeah Wong as Emily Phan
- Spencer Lang as Lieutenant Jason Trask
- Shakil Jessa as Student Singing
- Amanda Khan as Naomi Wheeler
- Marika Siewert as Ms. Sharp
- Emma Colling as Military Person
- The episode was previously titled "Truth and Consequences".
- Sarah Cushing covered Amos Lee's "Little Light" at the audition.
- Invoking a similar scene from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, John Henry Irons held a Kryptonite spear to Superman similar to what Batman did to the Man of Steel in the film.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • ""|
|"" • TBA • TBA • TBA • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.