"Hope for Tomorrow" is the fifteenth episode of the sixth season of , and the one-hundred-twenty-first episode overall. It aired on October 12, 2021.
|Supergirl continues to fight Nyxly for the remaining totems but after Nyxly kidnaps William, Supergirl realizes she needs to take a more proactive stance to keep National City safe. Meanwhile, Alex faces the biggest challenge of her life.|
Esme's new existence with Kelly and Alex is before long confounded by her Dryalian capacity to obtain superpowers from anybody close by. They let her experience their companions' forces, yet try too hard to where she says she ought to return. With the assistance of a Truth Seeker, they promise Esme that they won't ever forsake her. Nyxly distinguishes the Totem of Hope, and track down that to utilize it they should "rouse trust more splendid than the sun". Thinking this a task for Supergirl, Nyxly plans to coerce both the Hope and Humanity tokens by abducting William. Nyxly's actuation of the emblem compounds a debate among Kaznia and another country, prompting atomic conflict. Supergirl incapacitates the two countries, finishing her assessment by moving expectation, and with William's assistance salvages him and gets each of the three stones. She sends the Hope symbol into the sun, so that Nyxly can never join each of the seven emblems. Nyxly gets a gift from a "secret admirer" which contains what seems, by all accounts, to be an exceptional watch that frames a Lexosuit around her.
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Alex Danvers
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor
- Jesse Rath as Querl Dox/Brainiac 5
- Nicole Maines (credit only)
- Azie Tesfai as Dr. Kelly Olsen
- Julie Gonzalo as Andrea Rojas
- Staz Nair as William Dey
- Peta Sergeant as Nyxlygsptlnz
- David Harewood as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter
- Oleg Anokhine as Kaznian President
- Remy Marthaller as Little Girl
- Don Mike as Don
- Andrew Morgado as Totem Oracle (voice)
- Yurii Piliai as Kaznian Boy
- Dave Santana as Corto Maltesian Prime Minister
- This episode takes place three days after "".
- Nyxly makes the clever move of going after William Dey, since he keeps writing about the Superfriends in-depth. This is similar to the film Spider-Man, where Green Goblin attempts to find the photographer who takes the superhero's pictures, hoping it to be a weak link to find Spider-Man.
- Alex and Kelly adopted Esme, who can mimic powers of aliens close to her, such as Kara and Brainy.
- The episode's premise regarding nuclear war and Kara's neutrality when it comes to the choices of Earth is similar to the film Superman IV: The Quest For Peace in which Superman decides to no longer be a visitor on Earth and play an active role in shaping in the planet's future. This includes removing the world's stockpile of nuclear arms. Though the difference is that Kara stops them once they are fired among themselves, and Brainy and J'onn are the ones who dispose of them ultimately.
- Lex Luthor makes his first move to Nyxly, providing her with a Lexosuit watch to aid Nyxlygsptlnz in her mission.
- Needing to pass the Hope Totem's gauntlet in order to remove it from the stone it's stuck in is similar to Excalibur in the legend of King Arthur.
- In the "Previously on" segment, Kara's stitched-together audio states that the Superfriends have two totems. However, this is inaccurate, as they only had the Courage Totem by the end of the previous episode.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|