After his fight against the Flash, DeVoe used the chair to transfer his mind into Dominic Lanse's body, which also gave him Lanse's powers to read minds. He later used the chair to take the powers of Kilg%re, Black Bison, Dwarfstar, and Hazard, whose body he used as a new host.
Sometime afterward, DeVoe found a way to transfer his consciousness into other bodies without the use of the chair. After he took Edwin Gauss's body, DeVoe got the powers of Dimensional manipulation, which lets him teleport himself without the use of the chair.
After a battle with Team Flash, Marlize used the hoverchair to heal her injured wrist. Shortly after, upon realizing her husband was going too far in his deeds as the Thinker, Marlize used the chair to escape from their lair.
During the Enlightenment, Marlize used the chair in conjunction with Cecile Horton's telepathy to project Barry's mind into Clifford's subconscious in hopes of restoring the man she loved. Unfortunately, DeVoe had killed his good side, but Barry managed to restore the present host, Ralph Dibny, to full control, effectively killing the Thinker. As a contingency plan though, DeVoe managed to make a copy of his mind via hologram and brought down one of the S.T.A.R. Labs satellites to destroy Central City. After bidding goodbye to her husband, Marlize ripped out a key component of the hoverchair, destroying the hologram.
- Flight: The chair could fly several feet in the air, supporting the combined weight of Clifford DeVoe and The Flash
- Dimensional teleportation: The chair could teleport between DeVoe's lair, located inside a pocket dimension, and Central City in a flash of light.
- Cerebral link helmet: The hoverchair has a helmet designed to link the user to the interface, allowing whoever uses it to control the device with a thought.
- Medical system: One of the hoverchair's primary abilities was to keep DeVoe alive from his dark matter based ALS. It can also accelerate the healing process of anyone who sits in it.
- Dark matter manipulation: A later upgrade to the chair, allowing Devoe's excessive dark matter from multiple transfers to be stabilized better.
- Tentacles: Multiple tentacles can be called forth from the back to either stun or blast enemies.
- Mental/Power transference helmets: One of the primary abilities of the chair was to transfer the subconscious of the Thinker into those of the bus metas and gain their abilities by forcing helmets from the tentacles onto the metas. This feature was rendered obsolete after Clifford began to use a ring that can do the same just by touching a meta on the shoulders.
- Containment shield generation: The hoverchair can create an impenetrable shield designed to keep anyone in, or out.
- Holographic duplicate creation: An upgrade DeVoe used as a fail-safe with Kilg%ore's powers. DeVoe made a copy of his mind and using the technopathy took down one of S.T.A.R. Labs' satellites. He projected himself in the chair as a hologram.
Behind the scenes
- The Hoverchair is near identical to the one used by Lex Luthor of the Justice League: Gods and Monsters continuity. Both have an assortment of gadgets and a teleportation like device. However, the key feature was to aid both geniuses in movement due to both of them having a form of ALS.
- The chair is also very similar to the Mobius Chair created by Metron, which can teleport, create force fields or tractor beams, and act as life support to its user. Additionally, the Thinker has incredibly high intelligence, mirroring the omniscience granted by the Mobius chair.