The Hoverchair was created an unknown time after the original Particle Accelerator exploded to compensate for Clifford's body degeneration.
After releasing the Samuroid, DeVoe used it inside his lair to move around.
During his battle with the Flash at Christmas, the chair was heavily damaged and wasn't used for several months. It was repaired and used to take the powers of Kilg%re, Black Bison, Dwarfstar, and transfer DeVoe's mind to Hazard.
Finally fed up with her husband, seeing him as The Thinker instead of Clifford, Marlize used the chair to escape the lair.
The Hoverchair has an unknown number of abilities built into the system, including:
- Flight: The chair could fly several feet in the air, supporting the combined weight of Clifford DeVoe and The Flash
- Dimensional Teleportation: The chair could teleport between the dimensional lab of the DeVoe's and Central City in a flash of light.
- Cerebral Link Helmet: The Hoverchair has a helmet designed to link the user to the interface, allowing whoever uses it to control the device with a thought.
- Medical System: One of the Hoverchair's primary abilities was to keep DeVoe alive from his dark matter based ALS. It can also accelerate the healing process of anyone who sits in it.
- Dark Matter Manipulation: A later upgrade to the chair, allowing Devoe's excessive dark matter from multiple transfers to be stabilized better.
- Tentacles: Multiple tentacles can be called forth from the back to either stun or blast enemies.
- Mental/Power Transference Helmets: One of the primary abilities of the chair was to transfer the subconscious of The Thinker into those of the Bus Metas and gain their abilities by forcing helmets from the tentacles onto the metas. This feature was rendered obsolete after Clifford began to use a ring which can do the same just by touching a meta on the shoulders.
- Containment Shield Generation: The Hoverchair can create an impenetrable shield designed to keep anyone in, or out.
Behind the Scenes
- The Hoverchair is near identical to the one used by Lex Luthor of the Justice League: Gods and Monsters continuity. Both have an assortment of gadgets and a teleportation like device. However, the key feature was to aid both geniuses in movement due to both of them having a form of ALS.
- The chair is also very similar to the Mobius Chair created by Metron, which can teleport, create force fields or tractor beams, and act as life support to it's user. Additionally, the Thinker has incredibly high intelligence, mirroring the omniscience granted by the Mobius chair.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found