- "Everything I do with the boys just... seems like it blows up in my face. Is Jordan right? Am I a bad father? [...] 'Cause right now, I... It feels like it's my fault that this is all falling apart."
"Your life falling apart doesn't mean you're special. It means you're human."
- —Clark Kent and Lois Lane[src]
Humans are a species of living beings that, in most universes, are known to have originated on Earth. Humans seem to have a significant genetic variation, as they are able to produce healthy hybrid children with a number of alien species and supernatural beings, including Demons, Kryptonians, Naltorians, and Necrians. Human genetics can also be combined with other species such as Kaupe and Zagurons to artificially create hybrids. Exposure to external factors such as dark matter, certain drugs, and some forms of Kryptonite can alter the genetic makeup of humans, turning them into meta-humans.
- 1 Powers
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Human culture and development
- 4 History
- 5 Known humans
- 6 Appearances
- 6.1 The Flash (CBS)
- 6.2 Birds of Prey
- 6.3 Arrow
- 6.4 Blood Rush
- 6.5 The Flash (The CW)
- 6.6 Constantine
- 6.7 John Con Noir
- 6.8 Vixen
- 6.9 Supergirl
- 6.10 DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- 6.11 Chronicles of Cisco
- 6.12 Stretched Scene
- 6.13 Freedom Fighters: The Ray
- 6.14 Black Lightning
- 6.15 Batwoman
- 6.16 Mister Parker's Cul De Sac
- 6.17 Superman & Lois
- 6.18 Comics
- 6.19 Video games
- 6.20 The Chronicles of Cisco
- "Among the many misconceptions humanity holds dear is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those who are greater, they are called.. heroes. But even among heroes there are different echelons. The highest belong to those known as the Paragons. And they are the only hope of all creation."
- —Mar Novu[src]
Normally, humans don't possess superhuman powers. However, they can have powers if they are or have any of the below:
Humans that acquired powers and abilities after experiencing mutation of their bodies through dark matter or other forms, are named meta-humans.
Some human beings can learn how to harness supernatural power to perform feats of magic and mysticism, such as John Constantine, Esrin Fortuna, Oliver Queen, Damien Darhk, Anne Marie Flynn etc. Some human beings, such as Zed Martin, even possess naturally gifted psychic abilities.
Humans are a bipedal humanoid life form. A human's skin hues can range from dark brown to pale pink. Human hair can be blond, red, orange, black, brown, white or gray (the latter two are usually at old age).
Human culture and development
Humanity is vastly diverse and contains millions of different cultures, beliefs and history.
Beliefs and religions
Humans also have many religions, such as all Abrahamic faiths, other monotheistic faiths and even the deistic belief system. These religions center around the worship of a monotheistic God (a primordial and truly omnipotent divine being), following a religious creed and culture (although some of them do not have a specific creed aside from believing in God), as well as going to the afterlife after death, to live a bliss for an eternity.
Other minor religions included the mystical gods of Ancient Egypt, on whom Egyptian dream temple technique is based, or the demonic deities of Assyria, such as Pazuzu, Nergal and Lamashtu. Lesser known sects include Vandal Savage's order as well as the Order of the Shrouded Compass, which centers round the worship of an eldritch being Mallus and the concept of immortality.
Humans of Earth-38 also follow monotheistic and deistic religions as well as the religions that came from alien worlds, such as the Cult of Rao, which centers around the worship of Rao, a Kryptonian Sun God, and Supergirl.
Cultures and societies
Each geographic region of Earth has its own unique culture, often influenced from the beliefs of previous empires. For example, the nations of the Balkans, Turkey, Armenia as well as norther regions of the Middle East have so many cultural similarities due to them being greatly influenced by the former Ottoman Empire. South and Latin America have great deal of influences from Spain and Roman Catholicism. Many nations within Central Asia and Eurasia have cultures and beliefs which have been greatly influenced by the irreligious beliefs of the Soviet Union. There are also many secret fraternities that exist within humanity, such as Skulls and Bones society or the Freemasons, with each of them being a subject of unproved and speculated conspiracy theories.
Recent move towards modernization has forced many nations and cultures of the world to adopt a more secular and modernized methodology of running a nation and living their lives. Humans have a great devotion to their respective countries and express their unquestionable patriotism and nationalism whenever they can. Examples of these would be, Americans, Turks, Russians, Albanians, Israelis etc. Religions tend to play a great role in influencing cultures. Most of European Cultures, Eurasian Cultures, North American and Southern American Cultures have been greatly influenced by Christianity and its theological teachings. Humanity also have a variety of languages and most dead languages are still spoken by closely knitted small societies today. Example would be how Aramaic is still spoken by the Christian Societies of the Middle East and how Latin is still spoken by Catholic Monks and Nuns.
Humanity has played a great role in developing advanced and exotic technology with are ahead of its time, thanks to either mystical, meta-human or extraterrestrial influences. Examples of this would be
- Mirakuru was developed by the Japanese Imperial Army to enhance the human biology.
- Cisco Ramon created technology to allow humans to travel to alternate dimensions, as well as the cure for meta-humans.
- Eobard Thawne created the particle accelerator to gift Barry Allen with speed force abilities.
- Eobard Thawne even created a serum which grants superhuman abilities.
- Ray Palmer took Eobard's serum and modified it to enhance Nate Heywood.
- Ray Palmer created the A.T.O.M Suit to allow himself superhuman combat abilities.
- Clifford DeVoe created the Thinking Cap to enhance the human intellect.
- Jack Spheer created nano-technology which can be used to heal people.
- Maxwell Lord and Lena Luthor can synthesize Kryptonite.
- Curtis Holt created a device which repairs the body's nerves and thus heals paralysis.
- Lex Luthor created the Lexosuit to allow himself to physically combat Kryptonians.
In recent times, it was discovered that not only can exposure to dark matter grant human beings superhuman abilities, but even humanity's tools can gain super-technological functions, which humanity can use for their own purposes. Examples would be how:
- Spencer Young's phone had the function to hypnotize people into performing actions, which she used on people, so she could have material to write about for her journalistic career, such as getting people to commit acts of terrorism at a baseball game.
- Cicada's lightning dagger possessed the power to disable all the superhuman abilities of meta-humans or extraterrestrials within his vicinity, giving him a vast edge over his targets and other opponents. It can also produce red-colored electrical energy.
While humans have existed on Earth for since the dawn of humanity, it is widely believed that humans were either created by a creator or just evolved on the planet. However, neither side has any conclusive evidence to suggest either side is wrong or right. Humanity has a very rich history full of passion, politics, philosophers, mathematicians, logicians, mystics, seers, prophets, oracles, wars and violence. Humanity's evolution on Earth also gave birth to various creeds and faiths, most likely due to witnessing supernatural events. Examples of this would be
- The birth of Christianity due to the actions, altruism and beliefs of Jesus Christ.
- Pythagoras and his contributions of the world of mathematics as well as western philosophy.
- Nostradamus and his extremely accurate prophecies about future events.
Humanity has also had many emperors, generals and politicians who have founded great nations as well as led many conquest missions for their respective empires. Examples of this would be
- King Xerxes II and his Persian expansion throughout Asia Minor and Anatolia.
- Alexander the Great and his expansion of the Macedonian Empire across Asia and Africa.
- Julius Caesar and the expansion of the Roman Republic across North Africa.
- Sultan Mehmet and the expansion of the Ottoman Empire to Constantinople.
- The Founding Fathers and the establishment of the United States of America.
- Napoleon Bonaparte and his brief expansion of the French Republic.
- Mustafa Kemel Atatürk and the establishment of the republic of Turkey.
- Adolf Hitler and the establishment of Nazi Germany and his brief conquest across Europe.
- Joseph Stalin and the Soviet Union's expansion across Eurasia and Central Asia.
In modern times
By modern times, although generally considered a backward and unintelligent species, certain humans on Earth-38 began to play a prominent role in galactic affairs, whereas other humans became to play a more strong role in management of the time stream. Many have gained superpowers; these include, but are not limited to, through magic, having their DNA genetically enhanced by the Mirakuru serum, or by being exposed the dark matter caused by the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion; becoming known as meta-humans.
Humanity has even become more intellectual and advanced in recent years as well as possess a greater level of cosmic understanding that they did so compared to several years ago. This was most likely due to recent mystical, meta-human or extraterrestrial influences.
The Flash (CBS)
Birds of Prey
The Flash (The CW)
John Con Noir
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Chronicles of Cisco
Freedom Fighters: The Ray
Mister Parker's Cul De Sac
Superman & Lois
The Flash TV Special
Arrow: Season 2.5
The Flash: Season Zero
Arrow: The Dark Archer
Adventures of Supergirl