- "If you want to get to Supergirl, you're gonna have to get through me."
- —Lena Luthor
"Immortal Kombat" is the nineteenth and final episode of the fifth season of , and the one-hundred-sixth episode overall. It aired on May 17, 2020.
|Supergirl realizes that in order to stop Lex and Leviathan she must work with the one person she never thought she’d trust again – Lena. Nia keeps dreaming about Brainy but struggles with what the dreams are trying to tell her. Meanwhile, Brainy realizes there is only one way to stop Lex.|
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl, J'onn J'onzz (as Kara Danvers/Supergirl) and M'gann M'orzz (as Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Alex Danvers
- Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor
- Jesse Rath as Querl Dox/Brainiac 5
- Nicole Maines as Nia Nal/Dreamer
- Azie Tesfai as Dr. Kelly Olsen
- Andrea Brooks as Eve Teschmacher
- Julie Gonzalo as Andrea Rojas/Acrata
- Staz Nair as William Dey
- David Harewood as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter and Kara Danvers/Supergirl (voice only)
Special guest starring
- Brenda Strong as Dr. Lillian Luthor
- Sharon Leal as M'gann M'orzz/Miss Martian and Kara Danvers/Supergirl (voice only)
- Lynda Boyd as Eve Teschmacher's mother
- Mitch Pileggi as Rama Khan
What Lex Luthor stole from the Fortress of Solitude were three rings that need Kryptonite to empower them. When Lex visits the true headquarters of Leviathan, which emits specific radiation that kills all but Jarhanpurians, Rama Khan assures him that he, Sela and Tezumak can handle Supergirl. They know that they can track her wherever she goes or uses her powers.
The Superfriends know this, too, and extensively discuss it after they kick in the door to Kara Danvers' apartment thinking that Lena Luthor was a villain. They decide that while Lena makes Supergirl a protective suit, J'onn J'onzz and M'gann M'orzz will impersonate her. The ancient immortals fall for the ruse and attack the Superfriends.
Kelly Olsen cannot find William Dey and alerts Alex Danvers who now sports her new suit and has learned how to work her Martian weapon. With the help of Lena, whom Kara has angrily reprimanded for her past actions, they find him as a prisoner of Eve Teschmacher, who has little problem with killing him to protect her mother. Supergirl calms the situation but Leviathan attacks, using their Kryptonite. Suddenly, the suit arrives and protects the hero. She causes an explosion that destroys the immortals, but they reintegrate.
Querl Dox, on his own, invents an idea to bottle the ancients, to use his people's technology for good. Brainy enters the spacecraft base, to his detriment, and begins a program with their computer to defeat the ancients.
Supergirl learns from Eve that virtual reality will be humanity's mental graveyard (killing 4/7 of the population) if Lex and Leviathan have their way. so she enters the realm to have people end their simulation. Gamemnae grows tired of Supergirl's interference; she sends Andrea Rojas to deal with her, citing that she has always been Andrea's protector. When Andrea hesitates to follow directions, Gamemnae, having revealed her leadership of the covert organization, threatens that she will assure that Bernardo Rojas will not survive. Andrea, as Acrata and carrying a Kryptonite knife, finds Lena protecting the helpless Supergirl. Lena talks Andrea out of her plans and Supergirl talks billions out of using Obsidian North.
The Superfriends begin to lose their battle against the ancient elementals when they suddenly disappear; the dying Brainiac forcibly teleported them and shrunk them into a bottle. Whacked with pain from the radiation, Briany collapses with the bottle. His female doppelganger appears from the Big Brain, congratulating him for succeeding in stopping Leviathan; he won where she failed.
Gamemnae, a goddess of technology, is able to resist the trap, through great difficulty and struggle. Lex sees what is occurring and immediate goes to Leviathan's ship. Though angry that Supergirl wasn't killed by Leviathan before they were dealt with, Lex just laughs it off; he's got backup plans for that. He once again laughs at Brainy; Lex calculated for Brainy's betrayal, just not that he would be willing to kill himself for the victory. He takes the bottle and, with the Transmatter portal, goes to see Lillian Luthor.
Back at the battlefield, Dreamer has passed out due to her powers forcing her to dream. She sees Brainy inside Leviathan's ship, crying and in pain. She wakes in utter horror, telling M'gann and Alex that Brainy is in trouble. Nia now realizes it was Brainy who saved them and his pushing her away was out of love.
In Lena's lab, Lena reveals she got rid of the mercenaries Lex posted to keep Eve's mother hostage. Kara is happy to hear it, with both ready to renew their friendship. Both agree that now Leviathan is no longer around, they have to focus on stopping Lex.
At the same time, back at CatCo, Gamemnae wakes from the struggle. Aware Obsidian failed and her allies have been captured, the goddess of technology screams in rage. Her anger causes the televisions to spark as her human disguise explodes off her, revealing a mechancial-like being.
In the meantime, Lex arrives at his lab. With a gleeful smile, Lex hands the bottled Leviathan to Lillian. He tells her that they are getting to work. Examining the bottle, Lillian agrees it's time.
- The title is a pun on Mortal Kombat. In addition, this episode is the second Arrowverse episode to reference the video game franchise as an episode title. The first was the episode "".
- Supergirl's rescue of Eve Teschmacher's mother was a reference to the 1978 Superman movie, where Superman convinced Teschmacher to help him in exchange for him saving her mother.
- This is the last episode to credit Andrea Brooks as a series regular, as she is downgraded to guest star.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|