- "I killed a mortal. I wanted to see how easy it would be."
- —Imogen explaining her past[src]
Imogen was once an angel of heaven. Imogen grew curious on how easy it would be to kill a mortal. Once she killed one, she was condemned to become an angel of Hell.
Attempt to reach Earth
After Pastor Zachary died, he was on his way to hell due to killing a man while intoxicated. Imogen ripped a feather from her wing and placed it in Zachary's hand. Losing strength, she was found, weak, by John Constantine and Zed. Constantine and Zed went to retrieve the feather after Constantine set a protection spell. While the two were gone, Imogen told Manny they should take the world back for themselves, as she believed the humans take life for granted. When Zed returned the feather, Constantine was too late to warn Zed and Imogen revealed her true self. She told Constantine, Zed and Manny that she served Hell long enough and refused to return. Constantine realized that Imogen placed the feather in Zachary's hand, rather than the latter ripping it off. Imogen told the three that she killed a mortal just to see how easy it could be. As Imogen was about to kill Zed, Manny took over Zed and ripped Imogen's heart out, killing her instantly.
Imogen was fascinated with life on Earth and the idea of free will; she also had incredible curiosity for emotions, feelings and reactions, and wanted to experiment with what she can do. Although having a passion for being living and corporeal, she had little respect for mortals, considering their lives a waste of the potential of free will and thinking that angels would have ruled the planet better than humans.
Revealing Imogen's true colors, she gloated about her plans to steal soul energy through ghouls and how it easy it was to kill humans, threatening to do the same with Zed Martin. Although she was terrified of the idea of death.
Powers and abilities
- Angelic physiology: Being an angel, Imogen harnesses a number of divine powers.
- Immortality: As an angel, Imogen lives an ageless lifespan, and cannot be killed by any ordinary means.
- Flight: Imogen is able to use her wings to take flight in to the sky.
- Healing: Imogen's angel feather was able to heal any injury, trauma or disease.
- Superhuman strength: Imogen, like all angels, possesses strength which was well above that of an any human. However, she was no match for Manny, who effortlessly killed her by easily punching through her chest and ripping out her heart.
- Interdimensional travel: Imogen was able to travel from Heaven to Earth immediately.
- Dark magic: As a fallen angel, Imogen wielded destructive, corruptive powers.
- Superior angels: Imogen could be overpowered by stronger angels, as Manny was able to effortlessly defeat and kill her by ripping out her heart with no strain.