Imps is a term for beings from the Fifth Dimension. Imps are incredibly powerful beings capable of warping reality to their whims; from a human viewpoint, they appear to be nearly omnipotent, but there are actually quite a few limits to their abilities. Their science is so advanced it is nearly indistinguishable from magic.
Imps possess the ability to warp the reality to their own whims. Abilities that would appear, to all intents and purposes, to be magic. Daxamites had a zero tolerance policy for Imps and they were crushed on Daxam, due to them being very dangerous and out of control. According to Mon-El, Imps knew how to party, but they're dangerous. According to Winn Schott, Imps may have come to Earth centuries ago and have been documented by humans as genies, djinn and leprechauns.
An imp called Mxyzptlk arrived in National City to win the love of Kara Danvers, after failing he returned to the Fifth Dimension. Later, he came back to try to fix the friendship of Kara and Lena Luthor.
Princess Nyxlygsptlnz was banished to the Phantom Zone by King Brpxz after he killed her older brother in order to retain his throne. There, she met Kara Zor-El and, after regaining her magical powers, helped the Kryptonian to rescue her father Zor-El from a group of bandits. Later, Nyxly grew to dislike Zor-El because he reminded her of Brpxz, causing her and Kara to fight.
Powers and abilities
- Reality manipulation: Imps had shown incredible magical powers that seem to warp reality itself. While their power has quite a few limits, from a human viewpoint they appear to be nearly omnipotent. Mxyzptlk claims to be able to destroy the Earth with a snap of his fingers. These powers include, but are not limited to:
- Mimicry: Myx was able to possibly copy all of Superman's powers, since he used his flying technique and his freezing breath.
- Animation: Imps can bring objects to life.
- Clairvoyance: Mxyzptlk claims to have been watching Kara Zor-El from his dimension.
- Conjuration: Imps can create objects or sentient creatures at a whim. They can also make them disappear instantaneously.
- Healing: Nyxlygsptlnz was able to heal Kara Danvers's leg after regaining her powers.
- Power bestowal: Calling himself "a god", Mr. Mxyzptlk suggested that he could turn Kara into a similar "god", allowing her to have powers similar to his.
- Pyrokinesis: Imps can control and manipulate fire. Nyxlygsptlnz was able to rekindle ebbing embers in Phantom Zone.
- Shapeshifting: Imps are capable of changing his appearance at will.
- Telekinesis: Mxyzptlk was able to take away the guns of bank robbers and wield it against the restrained robbers with mental commands.
- Teleportation: Mxyzptlk dodged Mon-El's punch by teleporting to Kara's side. He can also transport others across vast distances. He transported Mon-El from Kara's apartment to the center of the D.E.O.'s main headquarters in his underpants with a snap of his fingers.
- Time travel: Mxyzptlk was able to send Kara back in time to change history with a snap of his fingers.
- Superhuman strength: Even without his mystical powers, Mxyzptlk was able to go toe to toe with a solar-powered Daxamite, though he is not as strong as one. Nyxlygsptlnz was able to effortlessly throw a depowered Supergirl around the Phantom Zone anchor and damage the control console upon impact.
- Invulnerability: Even without his mystical powers, Mxyzptlk was able to go toe to toe with a solar-powered Daxamite, taking hits from Mon-El with almost no pain or injury.