- "Piece of advice: stop trying to beat Savitar at his own game. Your goodness is your strength. Call me sentimental. Think the Flash should remain a hero."
- —Leonard Snart to Barry Allen
|With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris, Barry struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, the Flash turns to Captain Cold for help.|
The scene begins with a melodic montage indicating all the different individuals of Team Flash considering the time left before Savitar should kill Iris. HR and Tracy Brand are proceeding to take a shot at an answer, Cisco gets a book from Felicity Smoak saying she hasn't found an answer yet, and Joe and Wally grasp.
Iris starts recording a video in bed to Barry, before it cuts off and we see the title card. Presently, Barry and Cisco are conversing with Lyla Michaels outside of ARGUS base camp. She uncovers that they have a force source from the Dominators assault during the occasions of the Invasion! hybrid.
Lyla makes reference to that she can't trust Barry with the force source and that they'll have to discover another approach to control their Speedforce trap.
Back at STAR Labs, Barry tells the remainder of the gathering that he needs to break into ARGUS. Cisco brings up the way that the government agent bunch has a force hosing gadget that debilitates all metahuman powers, so they won't have the option to stage through the dividers. In the wake of discussing how secure it is, Barry settles on the choice to enroll the assistance of a specific foe: Captain Cold.
Barry makes a trip back to 1892 to move toward Leonard Snart, who hesitantly consents to help. Barry takes him back to STAR Labs and offers his arrangement with the remainder of the group and they appear to be commonly okay with it.
Executioner Frost approaches Savitar and the last uncovers he despite everything plans on killing Iris. All things considered, on the off chance that Iris isn't killed, at that point Savitar will stop to exist. Savitar abruptly gets a dream that Barry had started working with Captain Cold, and understands that the two arrangement on taking a force source from ARGUS.
Commander Cold starts shares his contemplations on where the force source could be put away and the group plans for their takeoff. Barry advises Joe to take Iris far away in such a case that he knows where she is, at that point Savitar knows where she is.
We see Harrison Wells chipping away at a venture on Earth-2 as a gateway opens up as Joe, Iris, and Wally can be seen vibing through.
It's uncovered that Barry utilized HR's face-trading innovation to break him and Captain Cold into ARGUS HQ. After a short setback by not realizing the security words, Barry overwhelms the two security watches checking IDs.
On Earth-2, Joe and Iris start trading mysteries they've kept from one another. Iris says she used to escape when she was more youthful and had Barry spread for her. Joe shares that he took a portion of the cash he was putting something aside for Iris and Barry's school educational cost and spent it going on a Blues Cruise.
In the storm cellar of ARGUS, Barry and Snart stroll down a corridor where different hoodlums are kept. We see unofficial IDs of the different miscreants caught and held in cells there: Grodd, Cheetah, and Cupid.
They find where the force source is being kept and despite the fact that it's ensured by an entryway and lock worth over $10 million, Snart picks the lock in short order. The two start to go into the room as they're immediately halted by King Shark.
Barry can convince Snart to let him utilize the virus weapon, as he feels the best way to get the force source is to utilize it to execute King Shark. Snart's ready to utilize logical information about sharks to convince Barry not to murder him, rather they can fix the firearm to make it sufficiently cold for King Shark to nod off with no genuine harm.
AT STAR Labs, HR and Tracy share a short second where HR requests that her work with him. She acknowledges and the two grasp and kiss.
Barry and Snart can get King Shark to nod off and the two go into the room where the outsider force source is kept. Barry hauls the source out of it's stand and an alert beginnings going off as the entryway closes. Barry can slide under the entryway not long before it closes as Snart gets bolted inside. Cisco can hack into the fundamental edge and make the way for let Snart get out.
In transit out, King Shark comes to under the entryway to snatch Snart's leg and drag him once again into the room. Luckily for the pair, the entryway closes on King Shark, cutting off his arm.
As they start leaving, Barry and Snart are drawn nearer by Lyla and some ARGUS monitors, they've been gotten. In Lyla's office, she clarifies that Barry could have deserted Snart yet he stayed and ensured the two of them got out. Lyla then blessings the force source to Barry.
A speedster hurries into STAR Labs and asks where Iris is being kept, when HR uncovers she's being kept on Earth-2. The speedster then pivots to uncover his scarred face, it's not Barry. It's Savitar.
They hand-off to Harry on Earth-2 that Savitar is on his way and Harry, Joe, and Wally start to prepare for Savitar. After a fast battle — one in which Wally is seriously harmed — Savitar takes Iris and vibes through an entrance away from Joe and Barry, who was past the point of no return.
HR and Cisco are talking in STAR Labs and HR communicates how he feels after inadvertently disclosing to Savitar where Iris was. HR continues repeating that it's all his shortcoming. Cisco surrenders him a siphon tlk and starts leaving. As he approaches the lift, Cisco has a vibe wherein he battles Caitlin/Killer Frost. Barry convinces him to go to converse with Caitlin and preventing her from completely turning out to be Killer Frost.
The gathering goes to Infantino Street and starts preparing themselves for Savitar.
In the woods, Cisco approaches Killer Frost and she says she wouldn't like to battle him, she needs to murder him.
Back at Infantino Street, Savitar appears with Iris. He drops Iris and offers Barry an opportunity to get him. Barry utilizes the Speedforce trap and it eventually doesn't work. Savitar gets Iris like we've found later on dreams.
Savitar pulls at his blade and as Barry races to him, we see the video Iris recorded in bed before: marital promises. Savitar wounds Iris and she falls into Barry's arms.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash/Savitar
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally Wes/Kid Flash
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells and Dr. Harry Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special guest star
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels/Harbinger
- Anne Dudek as Tracy Brand
- Andre Tricoteux as Savitar
- The name of the street "Infantino" likely comes from one of the two creators of the character Barry Allen, as well as the Rogues in the comics, Carmine Infantino.
- The song playing at the beginning and at the end is "Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)" by Aurora.
- Barry goes back in time and gets Leonard Snart in the year 1892 in Siberia while he was traveling with the Legends to hunt Vandal Savage.
- Chronologically, the version of Snart that Barry recruits is from sometime after "" but before ""; when they witnessed King Shark losing his hand, Snart mentioned he had a similar incident, likely referring to his kidnapping by Chronos, during which he was forced to freeze his hand off in order to escape.
- When Siberia in 1892 was shown, a blue title card that said the time and the place appeared on the screen. Those title cards are mostly shown on '.
- On Earth-19, Mission: Impossible is known as Mission: Improbable.
- Barry mentions he needs Snart for his "particular set of skills". This is a reference to the Liam Neeson movie Taken, which is apparently one of Snart's favorite movies.
- Snart offers to put a good word in with his sister for Cisco, alluding to Cisco's past flirtations with Lisa Snart, aka the Golden Glider.
- Snart mentioned that the last time he and Barry teamed up, it didn't go well for the latter, referring to the events of "".
- Snart even makes the same joke, "always pleased to meet a fan", to an A.R.G.U.S. agent.
- The A.R.G.U.S. guards mention the keywords "Elvis, Banana". This is a reference to rock and roll singer Elvis Presley, who was known for his love of peanut butter, banana, and sometimes bacon sandwiches.
- Barry and Snart discover A.R.G.U.S. cells containing Grodd, Cheetah, and Cupid. Barry mentions it must be where Amanda Waller kept her Suicide Squad members.
- Snart mentions that he likes Shark Week,an annual, week-long TV programming block, which features shark-based programming.
- Snart mentions Jaws and how they couldn't afford to show the shark due to money issues.
- This was the last episode of The Flash that Earth-2 appeared in the present chronologically, as it would be destroyed in "".
- When parting ways with Barry, Snart says, "There are no strings on me." These would later be his last words when he sacrificed himself to destroy the Oculus in "".
- Chronologically, this episode shows the final meeting between Barry and Snart before Snart's death. Barry is aware of this, as he was told of Snart's sacrifice by Ray Palmer in "".
- This is the second episode of the Arrowverse to feature Lyla Michaels without Oliver Queen, the other being "".
- However, this is the first episode of the Arrowverse where Lyla appears without John Diggle. The third episode Lyla appeared without Oliver and second episode without Diggle would be "".
- This episode shares similarities to the episode "", which aired the same week:
- Barry turns to an old enemy for help to defeat the season's main villain, just as Oliver did when he turned to Slade Wilson for help in defeating Adrian Chase/Prometheus.
- Barry and Oliver receiving help from old foes to break into A.R.G.U.S. facilities. Oliver had help from Malcolm Merlyn while Barry had help from Leonard Snart.
- Both are the penultimate 22nd episodes of their respective season.
- Most of this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, as the date when Iris was killed by Savitar has been mentioned several times to be May 23, 2017.
- Cisco receives a text message from Felicity Smoak stating she couldn't find anything to help stop Savitar. Since this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, this indicates that Felicity survived the aftermath of the Season 5 finale, "", since that episode takes place on May 17, 2017.
- This was reinforced in the Season 4 premiere, "", when Cisco mentions Felicity along with several other tech-savvy friends of the team who'd helped him modify the Speed Force bazooka to get Barry out of the Speed Force prison (including Curtis Holt, whose fate was also unknown following the events of "").
- In previous episodes in which the future was shown, the newswoman reports the closing of the highly publicized trial of Jared Morillo shortly prior to Barry pleading Savitar to spare Iris's life. However, in the current (yet similar) timeline, the newswoman reports the trial before the battle between Barry and Savitar even begins.
- It's possible that this news report repeated a second time, or the future has been altered.
- Additionally, many events that have been reported in "" (such as Joe being honored at City Hall) have not been seen.
- However, these events may have taken place off-screen or, yet again, the future has changed.
- In this episode, Snart changes his attire to a navy blue leather jacket, which was first seen in "". However, he mentioned the events of "" which is 6 episodes later.
- Snart tells Barry that the reason the shark in Jaws is not seen very much is because they couldn't make it look good, but reality, it was because because the shark (known as "Bruce") experienced several mechanical problems, forcing the filmmakers to use it less than originally intended.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|