The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "Piece of advice: stop trying to beat Savitar at his own game. Your goodness is your strength. Call me sentimental. Think the Flash should remain a hero."
- —Leonard Snart to Barry Allen
|With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris, Barry struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, the Flash turns to Captain Cold for help.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash/Savitar
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally Wes/Kid Flash
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells and Dr. Harry Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special guest star
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels/Harbinger
- Anne Dudek as Tracy Brand
- Andre Tricoteux as Savitar
- The name of the street "Infantino" likely comes from one of the two creators of the character Barry Allen as well as the Rogues in the comics, Carmine Infantino.
- Barry goes back in time and gets Leonard Snart in the year 1892 in Siberia while he was traveling with the Legends to hunt Vandal Savage.
- Chronologically, the version of Snart that Barry recruits is sometime from after "" but before ""; when they witnessed King Shark losing his hand, Snart mentioned he had a similar incident, likely referring to his kidnapping by Chronos, during which he was forced to freeze his hand off in order to escape.
- When Siberia in 1892 was shown, a blue title card that said the time and the place appeared on the screen. Those title cards are mostly shown on '.
- Barry mentions he needs Snart for his "particular set of skills". This is a reference to the Liam Neeson movie Taken, which is apparently one of Snart's favorite movies.
- Snart mentioned that the last time he and Barry teamed up, it didn't go well for the latter, referring to the events of "".
- Snart even makes the same joke "always pleased to meet a fan" to an A.R.G.U.S. agent.
- The A.R.G.U.S. guards mention the keywords "Elvis, Banana". This is a reference to rock and roll singer Elvis Presley, who was known for his love of peanut butter, banana, and sometimes bacon sandwiches.
- Barry and Snart discover A.R.G.U.S. cells containing Grodd, Cheetah, and Cupid. Barry mentions it must be where Amanda Waller kept her Suicide Squad members.
- Snart mentions that he likes Shark Week, an annual, week-long TV programming block, which features shark-based programming.
- Snart mentions Jaws and how they couldn't afford to show the shark due to money issues.
- This was the last episode of The Flash that Earth-2 appeared in the present chronologically, as it would be destroyed in "Starling City".
- When parting ways with Barry, Snart says, "There are no strings on me." Those would later be his last words when he sacrificed himself to destroy the Oculus in "".
- Chronologically, this episode shows the final meeting between Barry and Snart before Snart's death. Barry is aware of this, as he was told of Snart's sacrifice by Ray Palmer in "".
- This is the second episode of the Arrowverse to feature Lyla Michaels without Oliver Queen, the other being "".
- However, this is the first episode of the Arrowverse where Lyla appears without John Diggle. The third episode Lyla appeared without Oliver but second episode she appeared without Diggle would be "".
- This episode shares similarities to the episode "", which aired the same week:
- Barry turns to an old enemy for help to defeat the season's main villain, just as Oliver did when he turned to his old enemy Slade Wilson for help in defeating Adrian Chase/Prometheus.
- Barry and Oliver receiving help from old foes to break into A.R.G.U.S. facilities. Oliver had help from Malcolm Merlyn while Barry had help from Leonard Snart.
- Both are the penultimate 22nd episodes of their respective season.
- Most of this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, as the date when Iris was killed by Savitar has been mentioned several times to be May 23, 2017.
- Cisco receives a text message from Felicity Smoak stating she couldn't find anything to help stop Savitar. Since this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, this indicates that Felicity survived the aftermath of the Season 5 finale, "", since that episode takes place on May 17, 2017.
- This was reinforced in the Season 4 premiere, "", when Cisco mentions Felicity along with several other tech-savvy friends of the team who'd helped him modify the Speed Force bazooka to get Barry out of the Speed Force prison (including Curtis Holt, whose fate was also unknown following the events of "").
- In previous episodes in which the future was shown, the newswoman reports the closing of the highly publicized trial of Jared Morillo shortly prior to Barry pleading Savitar to spare Iris's life. However, in the current (yet similar) timeline, the newswoman reports the trial before the battle between Barry and Savitar even begins.
- However, it is possible that this news report repeated a second time, or the future has been altered.
- Additionally, many events that have been reported in "" (such as Joe being honored at City Hall) have not been seen.
- However, these events may have taken place off-screen or, yet again, the future has changed.
- In this episode, Leonard Snart changes his attire to a navy blue leather jacket. Which was first seen in "". However, he mentioned the events of "" which is 6 episodes later.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.