- "Piece of advice: stop trying to beat Savitar at his own game. Your goodness is your strength. Call me sentimental. Think the Flash should remain a hero."
- —Leonard Snart to Barry
With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris, Barry struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, the Flash turns to Captain Cold for help.
- The name of the street "Infantino" likely comes from one of the two creators of the character Barry Allen as well as the Rogues in the comics, Carmine Infantino.
- Barry goes back in time and gets Leonard Snart in the year 1892 in Siberia while he was traveling with the Legends to hunt Vandal Savage.
- Chronologically, the version of Snart that Barry recruits is sometime from after "Left Behind": when the two witnessed King Shark losing his hand, Snart mentioned he had a similar incident, likely referring to his kidnapping by Chronos, during which he was forced to freeze his hand off in order to escape, but before his death in "Destiny".
- Barry mentions he needs Snart for his "particular set of skills". This is a reference to the Liam Neeson movie Taken which is apparently one of Snart's favorite movies.
- Snart mentions he likes Shark Week. Shark Week is an annual, week-long TV programming block, which features shark-based programming.
- Snart mentions Jaws and how they couldn't afford to show the shark due to money issues.
- Regarding King Shark, Snart mentions that he isn't a marine biologist. Ironically, King Shark had been a marine biologist before being transformed into a meta-human.
- When Siberia in 1892 was shown, a blue title card that said the time and the place appeared on the screen. Those title cards are mostly shown on DC's Legends of Tomorrow'.
- When parting ways with Barry, Snart says, "There are no strings on me." Those would later be his last words when he sacrificed himself to destroy the Oculus in "".
- Chronologically, this episode shows the final meeting between Barry and Snart before Snart's death. Barry is aware of this, as he was told of Snart's sacrifice by Ray Palmer in "".
- Snart mentioned that the last time he and Barry teamed up, it didn't go well for Barry, referring to the events of "".
- Snart even makes the same joke "always pleased to meet a fan" to an A.R.G.U.S. agent.
- This is the second episode of the Arrowverse to feature Lyla Michaels without Oliver Queen, the other being "King Shark". However, this is the only episode of the Arrowverse where Lyla appears without John Diggle.
- This episode shares similarities to Arrow episode "":
- Barry turns to an old enemy for help to defeat the season's main villain, just as Oliver did when he turned to his old enemy Slade Wilson for help in defeating Adrian Chase/Prometheus.
- Barry and Oliver receiving help from old foes to break into A.R.G.U.S. facilities. Oliver had help from Malcolm Merlyn while Barry had help from Snart.
- Most of this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, as the date when Iris was killed by Savitar has been mentioned several times to be May 23, 2017.
- Barry and Snart discover A.R.G.U.S. cells containing Grodd, Cheetah and Cupid. Barry mentions it must be where Waller kept her Suicide Squad members.
- Carrie Cutter/Cupid was a member of the Squad.
- Barry mentions the events of "" and "" to Snart when he asked who Grodd is.
- Cisco receives a text message from Felicity Smoak. Since this episode takes place on May 22, 2017, this indicates that Felicity survived the aftermath of the Arrow Season 5 finale, "", since that episode takes place on May 17, 2017. This was confirmed in the The Flash Season 4 premiere, "".
- In previous episodes in which the future was shown, the newswoman reports the closing of the highly publicized trial of Jared Morillo shortly prior to Barry pleading Savitar to spare Iris's life. However, in the current (yet similar) timeline, the newswoman reports the trial before the battle between Barry and Savitar even begins.
- However, it is possible that this news report repeated a second time, or the future has been altered.
- Additionally, many events that have been reported in "" (such as Joe being honored at City Hall) have not been seen.
- However, these events may have taken place off-screen or, yet again, the future has changed.
|The Flash season 3|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|