- "I'm gonna save Wally."
"How exactly are you going to do that?
"I'm going back into the Speed Force."
- —Barry Allen and Julian Albert
"Into the Speed Force" is the sixteenth episode of the third season of , and the sixty-second episode overall. It aired on March 14, 2017.
|Desperate to stop Savitar and save his friends, Barry turns to the speed force for answers to rescue Wally. H.R. gives Jesse some advice.|
The scene starts with Barry advising Cisco to set up the Breach Room as he's going to return into the Speed Force to bring back Wally.
HR and Cisco ricochet thoughts off one another until they conclude that they're going to fabricate an interdimensional gadget that will have the option to pull Barry back to Earth-1 should he get in a difficult situation. Julian includes that he'll add a natural part to the outfit with the goal that they can screen Barry's vitals.
In the back corridor, Barry and Iris are talking when Barry sees that she is done wearing a wedding band. She's canceling the commitment.
In the back foyer, Barry and Iris are talking when Barry sees that she is done wearing a wedding band. She's canceling the commitment.
In the Breach Room, Cisco vibes Barry into the Speed Force and he winds up in a rendition of the police division on another Earth, where Barry runs discovers Eddie Thawne. Eddie clarifies that Wally is situated in a jail that the future variant of Barry made.
At STAR Labs, Jesse approaches Cisco about having the option to follow Savitar's area, since she needs to follow him. A difference follows in which Cisco concludes he won't help here — rather, he needs to hold up until Barry and Wally get away from the Speed Force.
In the "Paper Room," Iris admits to Joe that she figures she may have settled on an inappropriate decision severing the commitment with Barry. Joe discloses that she needs to investigate her heart to perceive what she needs.
Back in the Speed Force, Eddie says that he'll let Barry discover Wally and take him back in the event that he can beat a Time Wraith. Barry escapes down a lift and hears a child crying. He strolls to the commotion and sees Caitlin holding a crying an infant.
At STAR Labs, Julian and Cisco keep examining the metal Barry cut off of Savitar and regardless of Jesse's steady compelling, the remainder of the group despite everything concurs that they have to hold up until Barry has returned to seek after Savitar.
Back in the Speed Force, Barry reveals to Ronnie that he needs to forfeit himself to spare Wally and is knocked off his feet by Hunter Zolomon's Zoom. The two battle and with Zolomon sticking Barry on the ground, Ronnie tells the last that he can't free Wally except if he's liberated from his own torture. Barry then takes the gadget that Cisco made off his mind and sticks it into Zolomon, apparently deteriorating him.
Barry awakens back in somewhere else and sees Wally behind a lot of entryways. At the point when he goes to open the entryway, and an ice impact covers the entryway handle — Leonard Snart is in the Speed Force with Barry. He clarifies the Wally is stuck in a worldly circle and is seeing the most excruciating second in his life again and again — the demise of his mom.
Barry and Snart share a strained second which closes with Snart utilizing his virus firearm to freeze Barry to the divider. Snart is going to shoot him again when Jay Garrick speeds in and takes him off the beaten path.
Jessie Quick can be seen on Earth-1 prepared and she is holding the metal that Barry took from Savitar. She tells it to take it to Savitar and it takes off. She speeds through Central City following the metal and sure enough, it drives her directly to Savitar.
The two start battling and HR uncovers he's on the Team Flash interchanges framework. He reveals to Jesse she needs to search for a weakness in Savitar's defensive layer and when Savitar is stifling her, she wounds the metal through Savitar's neck and he hurries off.
Jay uncovers to Barry that Cisco vibed to his earth to mention to him what was happening and that he expected to come spare Barry. The two go in the room where Wally is and they think they've safeguarded him. Barry and Wally start to leave the room when they think back and understand that Jay is having Wally's spot in the Speed Force. Barry attempts to convince Jay in any case, yet without any result. Jay gives Barry his winged protective cap and they cross the break back to Earth-1.
Barry advises the gathering that Wally needs to take a break as a result of his horrendous involvement with the Speed Force. Wally and Jesse are seen talking and Jesse uncovers to him that she's going to Earth-3 to have Jay's spot as The Flash. Jesse says her farewells to Team Flash and Cisco vibes her to another earth.
HR shares what they realized in Jesse's experience with Savitar — he isn't a divine being, he's a man and can feel torment.
At the Allen family, Barry and Iris are talking and Barry concedes that he proposed simply because he'd figured it'd spare her. Barry then reveals to her the two need space pushing ahead. He uncovers that he'll be remaining with remaining with Cisco and Iris leaves.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special appearance by
Special guest stars
- Robbie Amell as "Ronnie Raymond"
- Rick Cosnett as "Eddie Thawne"
- Wentworth Miller as "Leonard Snart/Captain Cold"
- Violett Beane as Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick
- John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick/The Flash
- Andre Tricoteux as Savitar
- H.R. refers to the Speed Force as a "Negative World", to which Cisco is surprised that Earth-19 has Super Mario. They are presumably referring to the Minus World, a level in the very first Mario video game that is often regarded as one of the most well known glitches in video game history.
- Cisco exclaims "By George, I think he's got it!", closely quoting a line popularized in the 1964 film My Fair Lady.
- This episode features 5 speedsters, more than any other episode of the series: Barry Allen/The Flash/Savitar, Wally West/Kid Flash, Jesse Wells/Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick/The Flash and Hunter Zolomon/Black Flash.
- Julian classifies Savitar's blade as an unknown material, akin to a Luttinger liquid. A Luttinger liquid is a material of strongly interacting electrons, confined to one spatial dimension. Such materials have indeed unusual properties and clearly deviate from ordinary metallic behavior.
- As he is "vibing" Barry into the Speed Force, Cisco says "to infinity and beyond", the famous catchphrase of the toy space ranger Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story franchise.
- H.R. mistakes the Peanuts character Schroeder with the famous thought experiment Schrödinger's cat. He then remarks how on his Earth it is Charlie Brown that plays the piano.
- When Jesse suggested that Savitar's blade would find its way back to him, Cisco likened it to the 1999 film The Iron Giant, which ends with the title character's parts pulling themselves together to rebuild him.
- The scene where Barry is entering the S.T.A.R. Labs portion of the Speed Force and Caitlin is singing the lullaby "Hush, Little Baby" resembles the beginning of a flashback sequence Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker in which Batman walks through a building as Harley Quinn sings the same lullaby.
- When asked by the Speed Force, as Eddie Thawne, on his arrival again, Barry tells that he's there to save Wally. The Speed Force replies, "Ever the hero, huh, Barry?". This is a reference to "", in Season 1 of , where Eobard Thawne uses the exact same line before his fight with Barry, Firestorm (Martin Stein and Ronnie Raymond), and Oliver Queen.
- The Speed Force, as Leonard Snart, comments that Jay was "getting slow in [his] golden age", referencing the period of comics in which Jay originally appeared.
- This is the second time Barry goes into the Speed Force, the first being in the Season 2 episode "".
- H.R. saying "He's not a god, he's just a man, baby!" closely follows the line "That ain't no woman, it's a man, baby!" from Mike Myers's character in the 1997 film Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
- Cisco saying "He'll play astronaut and we'll play Houston" is a reference to the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode "Moonshot", which aired directly after this one.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|