Iris West-Allen, nicknamed Mirror-Iris by Allegra Garcia, was an entity who is the mirrored doppelgänger and a cloned counterpart to Iris West-Allen. She was originally from the Mirrorverse and shared the same memories as the original Iris, but embodied a few traits in opposition to her Earth-Prime counterpart. She manipulated the real Iris’s friends and family, secretly working with Eva McCulloch towards an ulterior motive.
This version of Iris was created as a duplicate of Iris by a mirror affected by dark matter. She pulled Iris into the Mirrorverse and took her place on Earth-Prime. She assumed the role of the original Iris West-Allen and filled in the blanks with Barry Allen on the real Iris's disappearance, all the while cooking for him.
Stopping Amunet Black
Later, she took Barry out to dinner when both were attacked by Amunet Black. They were blackmailed into letting her get away with her theft. This led to Iris taking drastic measures in order to find Amunet and stop her, even teaming up with her in order to stop her. Barry felt it was too dangerous, but "Iris" argued she could accomplish this without him. However eventually, the two worked together in order to stop both Goldface and Amunet by getting them to make up. Later, Iris and Barry made up themselves on their issues back at their apartment, with the clone looking at the real Iris West through a mirror into the Mirrorverse.
Secret planWhen Wally West returned, she pretended to be happy for his return. When Kamilla took a photo of them in The Citizen's office, Mirror Iris instructed her to delete the image by claiming that Black Hole could come after them.
After Barry was banished from his and Iris's loft, he realized Iris was impersonated. He attempted to expose her with a prismatic filter, but Eva had reprogrammed the device so that it would "reveal" Barry as the duplicate instead.
Mirror Iris told her "siblings", Kamilla and David about how she fooled Barry while they placed mirrors throughout her office. They then went to see Ramsey Rosso in order to get a blood sample from him; however, once Ramsey was freed by the sacrifice of Kamilla, Ramsey attacked Iris. She was forced by Ramsey to admit that she no longer wanted to be an extension of Eva, but to be her own person. For her admission, Ramsey stopped his attack, complimented Iris, and yielded the sample.
Upon Barry's release by Cecile from the pipeline, he caught Mirror Iris stating to Eva that success was assured, as she placed some of Ramsey's blood on a mirror. She fought against Barry by making her arms like spears and repeatedly wounded Barry with them by strategically using the many mirrors around him. After Iris mentions to Eva that her relationship with Barry is different from Eva and Carver, Mirror Iris was weakened and chose to spare Barry, as he simultaneously explained to her that she could be her own person if she chose it. She was destroyed by Eva while Mirror Iris encouraged Barry to rescue the real Iris.
- "I choose me!"
- —Mirror Iris[src]
Compared to her counterpart, this mirror double was quicker to anger than the real Iris. Ready to pounce on a story no matter what the cost. Going to the absolute extreme of it. She also holds contempt for others when they have a mistrust of her.
Mirror Iris was also more ruthless than Earth-Prime Iris since she is not above disregarding orders altogether or using excessive brutality to get what she wants. She even used the mirror gun on Kamilla, sending her to the Mirrorverse, for finding out she was an impostor.
However, she has some conscience. She developed doubts on whether she should carry over Eva's plans and expressed concern for Mirror-Kamilla when she volunteered to destabilize the MAC at the cost of her life.
Powers and abilities
- Connection to Eva McCulloch: As she was created by Eva, she has a connection to her as she gets hurt and scratches herself when Eva does the same.
- Spear arms: She can shape her arms into spears and even use them through mirrors.
- High-level intellect/Master of Deception/Manipulator: Mirror Iris can form and execute plans, as demonstrated when she manipulated some guards to lead her to Amunet Black. "Iris" is excellent at deceiving people, able to work closely with Team Flash without them realizing her true intentions.
- Cooking: Mirror Iris is a vastly better cook than the Iris she is impersonating, successfully preparing delicious pancakes for Barry for breakfast.
- Bilingual: Mirror Iris is fluent in English and Italian.
- Prismatic filter: Her true form can be caught on camera when a "prismatic filter" is applied. This filter shows Mirror Iris as a human-sized Mirror, which is why she avoids getting pictures of herself taken.
- Connection to Eva McCulloch: Eva's temper is one of her weaknesses, as when she is provoked emotionally, her mirror clones become unstable and disoriented, leaving them open for attack.
Behind the scenes
- The script for the show refers to her as "Mirror-Iris West-Allen".
|Other versions of Iris West-Allen (Mirrorverse)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Iris West.|
|Earth: Prime • Mirrorverse|
|Earth: 1 • 2 • 27 • 90 • Music Meister's reality|