Isabel Rochev (died May 14, 2014), was the vice president of acquisitions at Stellmoor International and later the CEO of Queen Consolidated. She was also a partner of Slade Wilson in The Siege and a member of the Church of Blood and Slade Wilson's army. Her name is on "The List".
Isabel was the daughter of the late Viktor Rochev and a late unnamed woman, the adoptive daughter of an unnamed couple, and the ex-lover of the late Robert Queen. She also had a one-night stand with Oliver Queen in Russia.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Legacy
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers and abilities
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Behind the scenes
- 10 References
Isabel Rochev was born to Viktor Rochev and an unnamed woman. The family lived a simple, yet happy life in Moscow, Russia. When Isabel was nine years old, her parents were killed in a hit by the Solntsevskaya Bratva. She was then sent to the United States and transferred to multiple facilities until being adopted by an American couple. Growing up, Isabel had trouble making friends in school because of her accent, which took years to eliminate. Also, despite being raised in a loving home, she never really developed a strong connection with her adoptive parents.
In adulthood, Isabel went to business school, which led to her interning at Queen Consolidated in 2006. She soon rose to become the top intern of the company, catching the eye of CEO Robert Queen. Isabel eventually became Robert's mistress and he started cheating on his wife, Moira, with her. The affair continued on for a year until the two, at Robert's suggestion, decided to start new lives together away from Starling City. When Thea Queen was injured after falling off her horse, Robert went to check on her at the hospital the day they were planning to leave. Isabel protested, pointing out that Thea wasn't even his own daughter, but Robert assured her that they would leave the next day. However, Isabel's internship was canceled and Robert never spoke to her again, leaving her bitter and desiring revenge.
After graduating from business school, Isabel soon became vice president of acquisitions at Stellmoor International. During her time at Stellmoor, she consistently bought up Queen Consolidated holdings whenever possible in an attempt to damage the company.
Allying with Slade Wilson
Isabel, still resentful of Robert Queen, became associated with Slade Wilson, who trained her in the art of combat in a brutal, yet effective process. Slade began Isabel's training in a warehouse in Central City, at first training her with sticks as he had with Oliver on Lian Yu. When Isabel told Slade she believed she was ready to use real swords, Slade agreed and dueled her briefly, cutting her several times and leaving her lying in a pool of her own blood.
Revenge on the Queens
When Queen Consolidated's stock prices started plummeting, Isabel attempted a hostile takeover of the company. Having already bought 45% of the company's shares, she mentioned her wish to Oliver Queen of buying out the last 10%, effectively having power over the company. However, her plan was derailed when Oliver was able to buy 5% stock thanks to support from Walter Steele, as did Isabel, thus making them equal partners at QC. Moira Queen cryptically warned Oliver not to trust Isabel, stating she was "dangerous".
Isabel was present at an investor party in the Queen Mansion, waiting for Oliver to arrive. When he finally did, Isabel commented on the blood on his face. She sternly lectured Oliver on how being late as a club owner may have been okay, but it id unacceptable for a CEO. Later, Isabel met Alderman Sebastian Blood when Oliver introduced them. She called herself Oliver's superior but he corrected that they were partners, to which Isabel responded, "only on paper". She then argued with Oliver about sponsoring a "Guns for Cash" charity drive in The Glades.
When Oliver, Felicity Smoak, and John Diggle traveled to Moscow to check up on a Queen Consolidated subsidiary there (actually planning to rescue Lyla Michaals from a Koshmar prison), Isabel tagged along for the journey, pretending that she believed her rival is going on a business trip announced. At the hotel in Moscow, Isabel and Oliver have some drinks together, discussing their shared history in Russia and talking about the past. Isabel seemingly admitted Oliver was more than just a billionaire playboy, confessing how she often felt lonely as a businesswoman. The two then had a one-off affair.
Later on, Isabel strongly opposed Moira's return to Queen Consolidated shortly after the latter was acquitted of all charges of the Undertaking, claiming it would send a bad message to the investors and the city. She believes herself right when Oliver's welcome back party for Moira turns out unsuccessful. Moira implied that Oliver working with Isabel showed he is not a good judge of character, reaffirming her suspicions on the woman.
Having to concentrate on the threat of Deathstroke, Oliver temporarily appointed Isabel as CEO after his sister, Thea, was kidnapped. Isabel seized the opportunity to call an emergency board meeting, and convinced the board members to make her appointment permanent. Oliver confronted her, learning that she was working with Slade the whole time, and only bought part of the shares of Queen Consolidate to draw Oliver back to Starling City. When Oliver asked about her motives, Isabel revealed that she had a connection to Oliver's father, but attacked him before going any further, yet revealing Thea's location. In a meeting with Slade and Sebastian Blood, Isabel confirmed that she is applying all of Queen Consolidated's resources towards mass-producing the Mirakuru for Slade's army.
Meeting Oliver again at Queen Consolidated, now as an enemy, Isabel revealed her secret relationship with Robert Queen and how they were planning to run away together. However, when Thea fell off her horse and broke her arm, Robert decided to stay with his family, despite knowing that Thea was actually Malcolm's daughter. He subsequently terminated Isabel's internship at Queen Consolidated and ended their relationship. Later during a battle with Slade, Isabel attempted to shoot Oliver as he tried to save Roy, before being shot by Diggle twice in the chest. Shortly afterwards, Isabel was injected with the Mirakuru through a blood transfusion from Slade himself, which healed her wounds and revived her.
Diggle and Felicity became concerned as to why the press hadn't mentioned Isabel's death, still believing in her apparent demise.
Isabel attended the reception service of Moira's funeral after the latter was murdered by Slade. Revealing herself to Diggle and Felicity, Isabel taunted that they would be Slade's next targets. Isabel later met with Thea to inform her that her club, Verdant, was built on property owned by Queen Consolidated, making it an asset of the company, and she must vacate the facility within a few days. Oliver, who was already aware of her survival, called Isabel to tell Slade that he is giving up. Later Isabel, as Ravager, attacked Diggle as he was attempting to plant bombs around a bridge leg to crush Slade's Mirakuru army beneath the ground. Isabel gloated to Diggle that she was eager for revenge.
Fighting and quickly overpowering Diggle, Isabel demanded the location of Felicity, desiring to kill her as well. Their brawl was suddenly stopped when Felicity ran over Isabel with a van, allowing her and Diggle to escape while Isabel struggled to get back on her feet. Isabel later observed the destruction of Starling City in the Siege together with Slade from Queen Consolidated and witnessed Sebastian and Slade's argument regarding the city's survival as part of the plan. Later, Isabel was tasked to kill Sebastian after he betrayed Slade and gave the Mirakuru cure to Oliver. She met Sebastian in his mayoral campaign office and stabbed him to death with both of her swords.
Finally, at Queen Consolidated, Isabel and some of Slade's soldiers stood guard, expecting a fight against the Arrow and the Canary, but were also faced with the League of Assassins led by Nyssa al Ghul. Isabel fought Sara, until Sara and Nyssa battled Isabel simultaneously and overwhelmed her, before unmasking her. Isabel then began boasting to Oliver of her victory, claiming her death wouldn't change anything. Nyssa stopped her tirade by snapping Isabel's neck, killing her.
Sometime after Isabel's death, her crimes in aiding and abetting Slade Wilson's attack on Starling City were exposed to the public, causing another huge scandal for Queen Consolidated and presumably Stellmoor International.
When Adrian Chase was exposed as Prometheus after months of acting as Oliver Queen's friend and the city's district attorney, Oliver reflected to Thea that Chase's deception made Isabel's seem like a bad joke in comparison.
- "If Oliver's smart... he ran back to his island to hide. But maybe he'll attend your funerals."
- —Isabel Rochev threatens Felicity Smoak and John Diggle[src]
Isabel was a driven and determined woman, but she stated that she was lonely. She was also impressed with Oliver Queen when he stood up to protect his family's company, despite the rumors of Oliver being a lazy, rowdy rich boy (however it was later revealed that Isabel was aware that Oliver is not a lazy, rowdy rich boy; as she learned this through Slade Wilson) she took her job at Queen Consolidated very seriously and was highly annoyed when Oliver kept missing meetings and didn't put all his focus on his job.
Isabel was obsessed with revenge on the Queen family because of Robert Queen's jilting her; she blamed Thea Queen for breaking up her relationship with Robert, claiming that they were "soulmates" and that he would have run away with her and left his family behind, if not for Thea when she fell from her horse and injured herself. To this end, Isabel teamed up with Slade and trained hard to gain his trust, including training that she claimed almost killed her. She proved her worth so much so that she was even entrusted with the Arrow's secret.
Though it was only Robert who betrayed Isabel, according to Moira Queen, Isabel was a dangerous and untrustworthy individual, willing to betray even those who have shown her kindness. She was also quite immoral, because although she knew Slade planned to destroy Starling City, she didn't care as long as she got to take revenge on the Queen family.
In Isabel's final moments, she displayed arrogance, having no guilt or remorse for her actions.
These negative traits of Isabel's were what led to her death at the hands of Nyssa al Ghul.
Powers and abilities
- Artificially-enhanced physiology: Isabel had Mirakuru injected into her bloodstream through a blood transfusion from Slade Wilson. Her physical capacity was increased in terms of stamina, strength, durability, and reflexes, in addition to an accelerated healing factor (the latter of which appeared to save her life after being shot).
- Accelerated healing factor: Isabel's healing rate was greatly sped up; after Diggle shot her twice through the chest, Isabel's wounds completely healed once she was injected with the Mirakuru serum.
- Enhanced strength: The Mirakuru serum made Isabel much stronger than normal humans, as she was able to easily push back John Diggle, a highly trained soldier of much greater mass and size.
- Enhanced speed: Isabel's speed exceeded that of a normal human. This, along with her training and reflexes, allowed to keep up in a fight with Sara Lance, a former member of the League of Assassins.
- Enhanced durability: Isabel's durability grew to remarkable levels; after Felicity Smoak ran over her with a van, she quickly recovered and displayed no signs of injury.
- Enhanced reflexes: Isabel was able to move and react much faster than a normal human, as seen in her duel with Sara.
- Enhanced stamina: The Mirakuru serum allowed Isabel to exert herself at peak physical capacity, for greater periods of time than that of a normal human.
- Peak of human physical condition: Being personally trained by Slade Wilson and a member of his army, Isabel was in top physical form.
- High-level intellect/Great business acumen/Master tactician: Isabel was a highly cunning individual and an excellent businesswoman. As the vice president of acquisitions at Stellmoor International, she spearheaded the takeover and presumably dissolution of multiple companies and was adept at running Queen Consolidated. Isabel also helped Slade plan the Siege on Star City and takeover of QC; she took advantage of Thea Queen's kidnapping by having Oliver appoint her as temporary CEO, allowing Isabel to seize the company so she could use resources from Applied Sciences to reproduce the Mirakuru. She even diluted QC's stock months prior to the takeover, which rendered the Queen family virtually penniless.
- Bilingual: As a native Russian, Isabel spoke that language fluently, in addition to English.
- Master of deception/Manipulator: Isabel gradually gained Oliver's trust, while still maintaining a stern façade towards him, over time (with a touch of seduction). This later allowed her to manipulate Oliver into signing control of Queen Consolidated to the former. Through her business skills, Isabel was able to gain favor with QC's board of directors, whom she convinced to vote Oliver out and make her the permanent CEO, all while keeping her intentions with the company secret.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Isabel had some experience in hand-to-hand combat and martial arts, due to Slade training her. She was able to briefly hold her own against Oliver, but was swiftly defeated twice. After being augmented by the Mirakuru, Isabel's combat skills had increased to the point where she was able to overpower John Diggle and fight on par against Sara Lance. However, Isabel was quickly defeated by Sara and Nyssa al Ghul once they battled her simultaneously. Her combat style seemed to comprise of taekwondo, karate, kali, silat and pro wrestling.
- Expert swordswoman: Isabel had some skill in swordsmanship, as seen when she stabbed Sebastian Blood. After being augmented by the Mirakuru, Isabel could battle on par with Sara as the latter wielded her bo-staff, but was ultimately no match for her and Nyssa when they fought her simultaneously.
- Skilled markswoman: Isabel displayed proficiency with a gun.
- Indomitable will/High tolerance for pain: Isabel was relentlessly driven to achieve her goals, no matter the cost. Isabael stated that Slade's brutal training almost killed her, but her desire for revenge on Robert Queen's family kept her going. Isabel also remained conscious after being cured of the Mirakuru, displaying no fear at the prospect of death.
- Stealth: Isabel was able to sneak up on John Diggle twice, once knocking him out without revealing herself.
- Ravager suit: Isabel wore a leather suit as her supervillainess alter-ego, Ravager, to protect herself while in battle. The suit bore striking similarities to the Deathstroke suit and was most likely given to her by Slade Wilson.
- Ravager mask: Isabel wore a mask as her supervillainess alter-ego, Ravager, to hide her identity from her victims. It is visually similar to the Deathstroke mask, though with inverted colors. The mask is also rounder, designed to conform to Isabel's facial features while leaving her nose and mouth visible.
- Customized swords: Isabel used customized dual swords, similar in appearance to those used by Slade on Lian Yu.
- Sidearm: Isabel carried a sidearm on her right leg.
- Since moving to the United States, Isabel enjoyed collecting art.
- Her work phone number was 888-555-2824.
- Isabel's work email was "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Isabel is one of two known women with whom Robert Queen had an affair, the other being Kazumi Adachi.
Behind the scenes
- In DC comics, Isabel Rochev was an enemy of Green Arrow's, known as The Queen. As in the show, she had a connection with Robert Queen and came to take over his company after his death, believing she was his soulmate.
- In "", Isabel wears a specially-made Deathstroke-like mask and suit extremely reminiscent of the DC comic book villain, Ravager, the identity of Rose Wilson, the daughter of Slade Wilson. Isabel and Rose also share the Ravager alias, which Isabel was officially given in promotional material and the tie-in novels and .
- Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter