An unidentified woman, known only as "Jane Doe" and dubbed "Bizarro" by Cat Grant, is a brain trauma patient who was transformed by Lord Technologies into a clone, of sorts, of Supergirl, courtesy of Maxwell Lord.
The woman was a comatose brain trauma victim. At some point, the woman was acquired and kept in a locked room at Lord Technologies, where she was kept on a drip (containing black liquid) under Maxwell Lord's orders.
Eventually, J'onn J'onzz snuck into her room to photograph her on behalf of Alex and Kara Danvers and later deduced her as being injected with hydrochloric acid, showing she was being preserved and altered somehow by Maxwell.
Finally, it is revealed that this girl was transformed into duplicate of Supergirl, with disappearing black eyes, all the while conditioned to hate Supergirl, and if all went according to plan kill her.
However, her form became unstable after being exposed to green Kryptonite, and her initial Kryptonian powers of heat vision and freezing breath were flipped to freeze vision and fire breath, as well as gaining a degenerated physical and mental constitution.
After kidnapping James Olsen due to sharing the affections of her progenitor, Kara stops her using a blue version of Kryptonite. In the compound, Kara tells her she and the DEO would take care of her, and the woman known only as Jane Doe was put in a preserved state, so she wouldn't cause harm to others or herself.
Powers and Abilities
- Reverse Kryptonian physiology: While retaining most of a Kryptonian's natural abilities, the attributes that give her the abilities of Super Breath and Heat Vision are somewhat reversed in the sense that she creates the opposite of the two each time she accesses her powers. Instead of shooting beams of heat, she shoots beams of pure cold, instead of freezing breath, she breathes fire. She also appeared to have a degenerated form, whether the damage was only surface level is unknown. It can be noted that this transformation could've solely been because of her reactions to the effects of Green Kryptonite, and might have kept her original abilities and intelligence if she was never exposed.
- Super strength: Bizarro is much stronger than a normal human and equal to Supergirl, allowing her to fight on par with the latter in combat.
- Super speed: Bizarro is able to move alarmingly faster than a normal human.
- Flight: Bizarro is able to fly and levitate like a Kryptonian.
- Invulnerability: Bizarro is resistant to nearly any form of physical attacks or damage that would otherwise be lethal or fatal to a normal human.
- Fire breath: Bizarro is able to exhale fiery blasts from her mouth.
- Freeze vision: Bizarro is able to shoot purple bluish freezing beams from her eyes.
- Kryptonite immunity: While causing her pain, Green Kryptonite doesn't exactly affect her as it would a normal Kryptonian. According to J'onn, green kryptonite has properties which strengthen her.
- Blue Kryptonite: A blue version of Kryptonite, a compound with the exact opposite molecular structure, is able to harm and subdue her. However, it also caused her to become calm, rational and understanding, resulting in her accepting being put into a coma to not endanger others and herself along with asking for forgiveness from Supergirl for her actions.
- Diminished intellect: Having been brain dead for several months, genetically transformed into a clone of Supergirl, and then mutated by Green Kryptonite, Jane Doe has a very warped view on the world in her Bizarro form. She spoke in a very basic manner "like Cookie Monster". Ironically, it was only Jane Doe was struck by blue Kryptonite that she was able to think rationally.
- Bizarro is the first copy/duplicate of Kara Danvers, the second being Red Daughter, who was accidentally created by the Harun-El.
- Also like Red Daughter, Jane was manipulated by a brilliant and wealthy enemy of Supergirl, though instead of Lex Luthor, it's Maxwell Lord.
- In the comics, "Bizarro" is the name a Superman villain, an imperfect duplicate of the Man of Steel. There is also a Supergirl analogue of the character, referred to as "Bizarro Supergirl" or "Bizarro-Girl", which the show's version is based on. The character was created by Otto Binder and Wayne Boring, making her debut in Superman #140 (1960).
- Her origin is also similar to Galatea from the DCAU continuity in Justice League Unlimited, a clone of Supergirl who shares her memories.
- Oddly enough, her origin is also akin to the first Bizarro created by Lex Luthor in "Action Comics #6(1986), being a clone of a Kryptonian superhero created by a rich scientist supervillain to fullfill his needs.
- The character has been mostly referred to on the show as "Jane Doe", a terminology used in morgues and hospitals for unidentified female bodies and patients, the feminine counterpart to "John Doe." Not to be confused with the comic book character of the same name, Jane Doe, who is an enemy of Batman. Both characters are referencing this terminology.
- ↑ ""
|Other versions of Jane Doe|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Kara Danvers.|
|Earth: 38 • X • Jane Doe • Red Daughter|