- For others characters with the same first name, see John (disambiguation).
- For other uses of Deathstroke, see Deathstroke (disambiguation).
In an erased future in 2040, JJ became Deathstroke and the leader of the Deathstroke gang.
Following the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Earth-Prime was created, where JJ was restored back into existence as the twin brother of Sara; his pre-Flashpoint counterpart.
In the new future of 2040, JJ is happily in a relationship and engaged to Mia Queen. He was given back his memories of the original multiverse by a mysterious individual.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
In November 2016, JJ turned two years old. He had a birthday party, but his father was unable to attend due to being a fugitive. Lyla and Rene Ramirez arranged another party for JJ at the H.I.V.E. bunker in which his father was temporarily staying.
During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, JJ as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
Having a brother
Some time later, Connor Hawke was adopted in the Diggle family, possibly due to his father dying, he bonded with JJ so much, that Connor thought him as his best friend, JJ would protect his brother, even fighting against bullies who would mess with Connor. However, since John and Lyla focused so much on making sure that Connor wouldn't turn bad, they started sidelining JJ more and more.
When Connor was in middle school, some individuals tried to get him to run their drugs for them, when JJ found out, he tried his best to convince his adopted brother not to get involved, stating that he was better than that - but Connor didn't listen, after which, JJ's father - John Diggle - grounded him and held him responsible for his adopted brother's actions. This, along the sidelining him due to Connor, not only eventually lead to JJ despising his father and adopted brother, but also resulted in him severing all ties with his family.
Later in the future, JJ had become estranged from his family and had joined a gang that imitated Slade Wilson. With Grant Wilson as it's leader, as Grant's view on how rich were the cancer of Star City resonated with JJ. Grant started training JJ to become the next leader. By the time of 2040, JJ was in complete control of the Deathstroke gang and started planning on ruling Star City.
Fighting against his brother
After the wall in the Glades was destroyed, JJ had his gang move up in their attacks, during a party, where William was discussing his plans about the future of Star City, JJ had his men attack them and kidnap Alberto Vasquez, while he distracted Mia Smoak by posing as a security guard. After successfully kidnapping Vasquez, JJ defeated Mia and escaped with his men and his target.
Later, JJ would interrupt, Zoe, Connor and Mia at one those bars he owned and Connor managed to get a private talk with him but he explains the fact that being grounded because of him wasn't the reason why he is doing this. When they realized that he was not there for the money but for a distraction since one of his men was in their bunker threatening to kill William they had no other choices than to let him leave.
Later, JJ gave a speech to his gang about how they will destroy the unification tonight, he is than interrupted by the Canaries and he fought Mia while the others, fought the Zoe and Connor but during the fight he almost killed Mia and Zoe saved her only for JJ to kill her, he then tried to escape but he was stopped by Connor who put him on the ground. He then laughed and told him that he "[doesn't] have the guts". When Connor was about to slash his neck, Connor was taken by someone to the past.
JJ had been in a relationship with Mia Queen until eventually deciding to propose to her before her graduation. She freaked out at him after getting her memories of his Earth-1 self. However, he forgave her until being accused of kidnapping Bianca Bertinelli. He broke up with Mia, until they made up following a reconciliation. However, he had then been attacked by hooded assailants who had restored the memories of his time as Deathstroke.
- Peak of human physical condition: JJ is in top physical condition, as he was able to kick and throw Mia Smoak and block her arrows easily.
- Acrobatics/Free-running: JJ jumped off a balcony railing in order to escape from Connor.
- Master hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: JJ is proven to be an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. With this skill, he is able to hold his own against Mia and ultimately best her.
- Expert marksman: JJ is highly skilled in the use of firearms.
- Master tactician/Manipulator/Leader: JJ is an expert planner as he posed as a security guard to capture a scientist, he tricked the Canaries into meeting him at a black market place in order to capture William Clayton. JJ also efficiently leads the Deathstroke gang.
- Torture/Interrogation: JJ was able to torture a scientist to give him important codes.
- Deathstroke suit: JJ in an erased future uses a future Deathstroke suit when leading the Deathstroke gang.
- Voice filter: JJ uses this device to disguise his voice as Deathstroke.
- Sword: JJ in an erased future uses a sword resembling a katana when leading the Deathstroke gang.
- Handgun: JJ used a handgun when posing a security guard and tried to kill Mia, but was disarmed.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- John's existence is one of the known side-effects of Eobard Thawne's correction of the Flashpoint timeline created by Barry Allen, which caused Sara Diggle to be erased from existence and replaced by John. Barry would learn of this and feel horrified, along with Felicity Smoak, Team Arrow, John Diggle, and Lyla Michaels.
- John's birthday is stated to be in November. This would mean he was born at a later date than Sara, seeing as her birthday was October 8 in the pre-Flashpoint timeline.
- Much like his uncle, Andy Diggle, he turned against his family. Both of them also caused the death of a close friend of their brothers.
|Other versions of John Diggle, Jr.|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of John Diggle, Jr..|
|Earth: 1 • 16|