Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
John Wesley Shipp (born January 22, 1955) is an American actor. He has portrayed Barry Allen/The Flash and Pollux in CBS's and Henry Allen and Jay Garrick/The Flash in The CW's . He reprised the role of Barry Allen/The Flash in and .
The Flash (CBS)
The Flash (The CW)
- "" The Flash (uncredited)
- Shipp has also worked on other projects related to DC properties:
- Shipp portraying Barry Allen in the 1990 series, while having portrayed the same character's father in the 2014 series is parallel to how Helen Slater portrayed Kara Zor-El/Supergirl in the 1984 film of the same name, but currently plays Supergirl's mother in the current series, which is linked to the current Flash series via the Arrowverse.
- Ironically, both actors' character's direct relation, as well as their role and involvement in their superhero children's' lives, are quite opposite. Henry Allen is Barry Allen's biological father and was wrongfully arrested when Barry was a child, which led to Barry growing up without him and could never see him outside of visits to his prison, until he was finally released. Eliza Danvers, on the other hand, is Kara Danvers's adoptive mother who Kara spent most of her life with (if one doesn't count the 24 years she spent sleeping in the Phantom Zone), and heavily influenced Kara's upbringing and blending into the human lifestyle.
- Along with the actors Colton Haynes and JR Bourne and actor Tyler Hoechlin, Shipp appeared in the TV show Teen Wolf.