- "Jonathan really has your eyes, huh?"
- "I'll take it so long as he has your everything else."
- —Lois Lane and Clark Kent on Jonathan[src]
Jonathan Kent (born 2019) is the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, the first cousin once removed of Kara Danvers, the nephew of Lucy Lane, and the grandson of the late Jor-El, the late Lara Van-El, and Sam Lane. He is also the adoptive grandson of "Ma" and "Pa" Kent.
Clark and Lois, who were enjoying their peaceful time with their son in Argo City, received a holographic message from Kara Danvers, warning them of the city's impending destruction by antimatter. They evacuated John to his pod with help from Alura Zor-El.
Jonathan's pod took off just seconds before the city perished. Though his evacuation was successful, the antimatter knocked Jonathan's pod off-course, which in turn landed him on Earth-16. Lois traveled there with Querl Dox and Sara Lance in tow, and found Johnathan inside the Arrowcave, where he had been rescued by Oliver Queen. Lois, Jonathan, Brainy, and Sara then returned to Earth-38.
While Clark and Lois ventured the multiverse in search for the Paragon of Truth, they left Jonathan in the care of Mick Rory from Earth-74, who is revealed to be surprisingly good with children. Mick decided to read his own novel, Caged Passion, to the baby in order to calm him down. Ray Palmer commented on how the book doesn't seem too "kid-friendly", to which Mick objected, claiming that Jonathan does "love" it.
Later Jonathan, as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
Powers and abilities
- Human-Kryptonian hybrid physiology: Because of his hybrid human/Kryptonian genetic structure under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Jonathan possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. Though, he is still a baby, no powers have been shown yet.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Jonathan is the youngest known time-traveller and breacher.
- Jonathan is the fourth known hybrid of two different species, after Nia Nal, Elizabeth Hawkings, and Maeve Nal.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics, Jonathan Samuel Kent is the son of Superman and Lois Lane, who was born during the Convergence storyline.
- Clark and Lois had a son who appeared twice in Superman live-action media. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman where someone delivers a child to Clark and Lois in the series finale, and Superman Returns where their son Jason appeared in the movie.